Help?

InsaneB

Reaction score
Looks to me he's signing (or fingerspelling really) OOD...??

Hello! My knowledge on sign language is REALLY basic and it kind of bothers me that I can't understand simple senteces. So I was wondering if someone could tell me what the guy in this gif is signing? The one on the left? Is the first sign an "H"?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e2416590d70715ad6749a6d92afd3d9/tumblr_ngk1tssMt61sipdpuo1_500.gif

Thank you all.
Unless the guy is just moving his hands around to me it looks like he says. "Ask (almost a "do" as in d-o in it) you." I don't see the "h." Maybe I need other glasses...

He's not signing. I recognized nothing in there other than it is slang, like "yeah, bro" I've been signing ASL for 40+ years and that video was not sign language.

The other possibility is that he's signing a specific person's name sign, or perhaps BSL or Auslan.

He's not signing. I recognized nothing in there other than it is slang, like "yeah, bro" I've been signing ASL for 40+ years and that video was not sign language.
Okay. I took a shot at it and ASL is beyond me unless it's simple.

That's ok. I was just echoing what most others were saying in this thread. :)

Then the hearing person who doesn't know anything in ASL but some word signs and, "Store me go," takes a swing and totally misses. I don't have the brain power to learn what you know. You go, AlleyCat, and all who use ASL.

The way I see in the video that was repeated over and over. It look like he was just pointing to somewhere in the direction. There is no fingers spelling on there, not even the sign. It might be like "all right, I got your point" if that is what he meant to express his gang language. I don't know. No, there is no "H" in his signing at all. Nothing. :hmm:

Back