Former President Ford died

Gerald R.Ford 1913-2006

i saw news about ex-president Gerald r.Ford pass away today he ages at 93 years old and he very older president of USA like late Ronald Reagan.and im felt sorry for his wife Betty Ford.

Former President Ford dies at 93
Former President Ford dies at 93 - CNN.com

Former President Gerald Ford dies at 93
Former President Ford dies at 93 - Yahoo! News

Ex-US President Gerald Ford dies
BBC NEWS | Americas | Ex-US President Gerald Ford dies

i will look more news about ex-president Ford's death

RIP Jerry Ford. The only man that became both Vice-President and President,
without being voted into both offices, with the resignation of Nixon during the Watergate mess.

His pardoning of Nixon did cost him the 1976 election losing to Jimmy Carter.

Former President Ford Dies at 93 - AOL News

And, true to his reputation as unassuming Jerry, he added: "I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your president by your ballots. So I ask you to confirm me with your prayers."

That man sure defines, the word lucky, being President by accident.

More interesting fact about Jerry Ford:

He was born Leslie Lynch King, Jr.

Ford was the first president to be an Eagle Scout.

Ford was on the University of Michigan football team from 1931 to 1934. He was offered tryouts by both the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lions.

Both Ford and his wife, Betty, had been models before their marriage.

When Ford proposed to to his wife, he was wearing one brown & one black shoe.

Running for Congress in 1948, Ford campaigned on his wedding day.

Ford was one of the members of the Warren Commission appointed to study the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

One night, Ford was locked out of the White House while walking his golden retriever, Liberty. The Secret Service finally let him in.

Ford's daughter Susan held her senior prom at the White House.

He was the first president to release to the public a full report of his medical checkup.

Ford was the first president to visit Japan.

Ford was the only president whose two assassination attempts against him were made by women.

Gerald Ford was the first president not elected by the people to become president. He became vice president when Nixon's elected vice president, Spiro T. Agnew, resigned. Then became president when Nixon resigned.

Ford was the first president to pardon a former president.

RIP Pres. Ford... I am sure only oldest president who is alive remaing is Jimmy Carter.

R.I.P. to President Ford.

More interesting fact about Jerry Ford:

He was born Leslie Lynch King, Jr.

Ford was the first president to be an Eagle Scout.

Ford was on the University of Michigan football team from 1931 to 1934. He was offered tryouts by both the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lions.

Both Ford and his wife, Betty, had been models before their marriage.

When Ford proposed to to his wife, he was wearing one brown & one black shoe.

Running for Congress in 1948, Ford campaigned on his wedding day.

Ford was one of the members of the Warren Commission appointed to study the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

One night, Ford was locked out of the White House while walking his golden retriever, Liberty. The Secret Service finally let him in.

Ford's daughter Susan held her senior prom at the White House.

He was the first president to release to the public a full report of his medical checkup.

Ford was the first president to visit Japan.

Ford was the only president whose two assassination attempts against him were made by women.

Gerald Ford was the first president not elected by the people to become president. He became vice president when Nixon's elected vice president, Spiro T. Agnew, resigned. Then became president when Nixon resigned.

Ford was the first president to pardon a former president.

Another interesting fact: Gerald Ford was the longest living President the U.S. has ever had (age 93). May he rest in peace.

At 93 years old ?! Wow, I am sure he had a good long life and lots of good memories, too. I remember him and he was a good president.

May God rest his soul.....

Wish, my husband would be alive until 93 instead of 40 yrs old. :(

Former President Gerald Ford has a long good life for 93 years !

also if im righht, Prez ford played on 2 national champs college football team back in Michigan also rip, Prez Ford

Condolences to his wife and family. :(

Hubby (a high school student in Lansing, MI) got to meet Gerald Ford when he was still a Congressman of Michigan. Hubby said he was very friendly and patient with the students.

I met Mr. Ford when he was VP of the US, and he came to our base for a meeting, and to review the troops of our small command. I worked for the Public Affairs Office there, and we made all the press arrangements for the visit, and I also stood in ranks during the review. He was a very nice man that day. :)

RIP Gerald Ford... He was a good president.. and very popular one thats what my mom said.. everyone liked him.. :(

Back