Bad News:

My prayer is still with you and your wonderful Dad. give him a big hugs for me and your family too. :hug:

Cheri,

Thanks for the updates on your father. I am still hoping and praying that all works out for him and you guys. Its a long frustrating struggle, but one that no one should give up on. Good luck and tell your dad I said hi.

It's wonderful to know the positive update about your Dad, Cheri :hug:

Keep update about him, we like to know how he is ...

My dad will be starting rehabilitation this week. :thumb:

I hope it goes really well for him and he gets back on his feet. I will pray for him.

whoo! AD needs to have more dancing smilies. this one will do - :locked:

Why do you want it locked, her Dad is not out of the woods? Yet, we are interest to know more update with his rehabilitation on improving his health and his exercise getting him to try to talk and walk again. We just want to know how far he is succeeding with his rehabilitation. Cheri will let the moderators know when it is time to locked, but for now no way. :roll:

Why do you want it locked, her Dad is not out of the woods? Yet, we are interest to know more update with his rehabilitation on improving his health and his exercise getting him to try to talk and walk again. We just want to know how far he is succeeding with his rehabilitation. Cheri will let the moderators know when it is time to locked, but for now no way. :roll:

no no. I just want the dancing smilies to root for her dad but there's no other dancing smilies as good as :locked:

:ty: so much! I saw my dad on Sunday, He had this big smile on his face, He was so happy to see me. :aw: It's a good feeling. I was stunned when I heard that his condition is stable and that he is ready for rehabilitation. :thumb:

My dad will be transferring today to another hospital where rehabilitation process will take place. He will have a lot of support teams that will help him regain and re-learn his lost of functions.

*Physical Therapists: will help him exercises his muscles to sit up, move around safely and regain balance.

*Speech and Language Therapists: will help him with swallowing and communication.

*Occupational Therapists: will help him on how to do things for himself such as dressing, using the toilet, washing, learn how to walk with a cane or with any other equipment, or wheelchair if he needs to.

He will also be seeing a clinical psychologist about his stress (frustration) and depression. The doctor told me it's very common for long-term stroke patients who will most likely experience depression after their strokes.

Good news! It sounds like he has a good support team, too. :D

We can do better than a dancing lock, Jiro. Here you go:

:dance2: :monkey:

Update:

My mom said that my dad is at the other hospital, arrived at 11 am today. I wasn't allowed to go because when transporting a patient from one hospital to another, only one person (family member) is allow to go with the patient. So my mom was the one who went with my dad in the ambulance.

I'm so happy he's at this hospital because it's only 15 minutes away from where I live. The other hospital he was staying at before was 30 minutes away.

Maybe it's time to start a new thread of "Good News!" :P

I'm very glad that your dad is making progress and will be closer to you.

I 2nd that! Your dad's out of wood and all is well!

This is what I've been waiting for-- good news and yea, it's probably time for a new thread. ;)

It hasn't been easy watching my dad constantly going up and down, left and right for 2 months. The most disturbing part was when my dad went into labored, rapid breathing during his stay in ICU when fluid was build up in his lungs. It was heartbreaking because I just didn't know how to help, just being there for him is all I could do.

Cheri, I am glad to hear your dad is making progress. Take each day at a time, he's got all the family support behind him:)

i agreed with Jiro,Cheri time for new thread "good news"

Back