The Hobbit!

MsSaraB

Reaction score
:hmm: I am shocked there is no Hobbit thread on here. I haven't reread for the film yet because a friend "borrowed" the book a few years ago.:roll:. I have been waiting for this movie since 2000 (when I first read the series)!! The cast seems decent and I think it will be good. I never expect movies to be equal to the book because thats just a set up for disappointment, but I expect them to follow the book within reason and not leave something out that leaves a gap in logic for those that have not read the book.

Is anyone else looking forward to this movie? Any tolkien fans out there?:wave:

The Hobbit is my favorite childhood book. I am ready to go to the movie , wearing my copy of "The One Ring", and my Frodo Lives, shirt.

Even though he isn't in the book THe Hobbit, he is the only Hobbit I have on a shirt.

My husband has a shirt that traces Bilbo's journey like a cartoon walk with all important occasions in The Hobbit depicted.

I have 3 copies of the Hobbit and have just reread it the other day. I remember reading it as a child and totally loving it.

I've never quite wished so much for a love button on this site before but I LOVED that post, Bott!

My first exposure to The Hobbit was way back in 7th grade. Our teacher would take 15 minutes each day, have us lay our heads on our desks and she would read it outloud. At first (being oh-so-cool like 7th graders are :cool2:), we thought it was kind of a silly thing to have a book read outloud to us every day. But it wasn't long before we all began to look forward to it - it was relaxing, got our imaginations going and we all became very involved in the story. The memory of it remains very vivid to this day, I think we all grew to realize you are never too old to enjoy having a book read aloud.

I am interested in seeing the movie but I have read many reviews that have said movie-goers have left the theatres with headaches and nausea due to the new 3D film technology. I have trouble with Imax and 3D movies at the best of times so I may have to wait until it comes out as a TV rental.

oh dear. I'm nervous now because I am going to see the 3D film at midnight tonight! lol.. oh well. Already paid for so I'm committed.

How was it? I'm going to watch it tonight with SONY eyeglass subtitles.

How was it? I'm going to watch it tonight with SONY eyeglass subtitles.

I tried the new SONY eyeglass subtitles in Rochester when I was there recently. Pretty cool! Take a little getting used to at first because the words move with your head, but it worked out very well and I didn't miss any of the dialog.

I hope I can find a captioned Hobbit somewhere in my state. I will probably have to travel at least 200-300 miles to another city in my state to find one.

Well I really enjoyed the movie. The 3D wasn't too much for me. (To give you an idea of my tolerance level, I can NOT play halo)
I thought that it was well done and didn't leave too much out. Better than the Two Towers. which makes it difficult to be mad that it's being split into three films. The split will allow them to cover much more and stay as involved in the story as this film was. There was battle but it wasn't entirely battle, which reflects the book well. You'll see some familiar faces in this movie as well as some new Characters. I liked the casting very much.

Back