Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

I don't get why they would do that, general audist attitudes accounted for. Didn't they spend money on creating captions? Even to the business oriented people who couldn't care less about the Deaf/Hoh population, isn't recalling CC a huge waste of money?

oh great! I was planning to rent that movie for Friday night with my boys!

I don't get why they would do that, general audist attitudes accounted for. Didn't they spend money on creating captions? Even to the business oriented people who couldn't care less about the Deaf/Hoh population, isn't recalling CC a huge waste of money?

All I know is that Disney considered the captions/subtitles as a "special feature" and "special features" are not available on many rental versions of movies. Now that they have experienced some backlash from their action, they are backpeddling and claiming it was a "mistake". Yeah, it was a mistake alright. Hopefully they won't pull it again.

Sorry.. I have two sisters. First I posted of my sister, she's young one and named Emily did rent the movie and it dont have anything but, second one that I posted of my sister, she's older one and named Samantha, she have dvd of UP on her own for her son. I did check to seeing if she knows how to do subtitles and she don't but it dont have closed captions at all but I will stop by her house on this Saturday and I will check the dvd myself and let you guys know. Sorry everybody.

Crazy, and they sure would spend a lot of money on "sound effects"

I wonder if we can use Google's new feature, the auto-captioning, on this? :hmm:

I bought "UP" yesterday and it does have SDH (Subtitles for the deafness and hard of hearing) I guess Disney made a big mistake to remove that for a rental version, tsk tsk!

It's a great movie! :)

My husband rented the UP movie from local movie rental and it has CC on it. If from Blockbuster, no cc. It makes me angry that some well known movie rentals like Blockbusters do not caption the movies for the deaf. How would hearing people feel if there were no SOUNDS on rental DVDs?? Same thing idea! Urgh!

More likely that your local rental store is using the full version and not the rental... I've heard of small business rental store doing that.

or maybe got the fixed rental version.

Sorry.. I have two sisters. First I posted of my sister, she's young one and named Emily did rent the movie and it dont have anything but, second one that I posted of my sister, she's older one and named Samantha, she have dvd of UP on her own for her son. I did check to seeing if she knows how to do subtitles and she don't but it dont have closed captions at all but I will stop by her house on this Saturday and I will check the dvd myself and let you guys know. Sorry everybody.

Rental version film have no Closed Caption!

Pixar: Disney Removes Closed Captioning From "Up" Rental Release

Something to keep in mind, if you have tv with built in DVD player. The CC will may not work and the manufacturers aren't required to make CC work when using built in DVD player. Only is required if using cable input.

I bought another DVD player (cheap one) and had it play into cable input, the CC worked.

I don't understand why they would do that cause the CC is already built in, why not use it for internal DVD player?

Something to keep in mind, if you have tv with built in DVD player. The CC will may not work and the manufacturers aren't required to make CC work when using built in DVD player. Only is required if using cable input.

I bought another DVD player (cheap one) and had it play into cable input, the CC worked.

I don't understand why they would do that cause the CC is already built in, why not use it for internal DVD player?

Please read careful.... The retail DVD of UP's back case... It said "SDH". For rental DVD version, it do not have SDH or closed caption.

It has nothing with the built-in DVD player or something else. Over thousand people has already complain about UP on rental DVD version has NO closed caption or NO subtitle at all.

Please read careful.... The retail DVD of UP's back case... It said "SDH". For rental DVD version, it do not have SDH or closed caption.

It has nothing with the built-in DVD player or something else. Over thousand people has already complain about UP on rental DVD version has NO closed caption or NO subtitle at all.

I do realize that, just was just informing others just in case they aren't aware of that.

I called Walt Disney studio and they said they were looking into why their rentals has no CC, people were calling in complaining about this. I was told they did not why their rentals had no CC , the woman said Walt Disney studio
was working on fixing this! I guess we'll have to wait and see if they fix their CC!

Cool! Do you have phone number? i can call them to see what they are going to say something about it.

thanks.

No subtitle on it on rental dvd verison is not good!

Back