Twilight Breaking Dawn p 2

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
Anyone seen the last installment already?
was it good?

Fuzzy

It was absolutely AMAZING! :D There was a huge plot twist, I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie. I was impressed Kristen Stewart stepped it up a bit in this one. I can't for the DVD!

I give it a C. SOme features does not match with book. Some scenes are good, some are ....... just...... flop.

I give it a C. SOme features does not match with book. Some scenes are good, some are ....... just...... flop.

Well anytime there are book-to-screen movies made there are changes in the content ... largely because there are some things that work better in print than on screen, and vice versa.

Overall - taken in the context of both a series and that it's book-to-screen, I think it was fairly good ... I usually take a bit to warm up to any adaptations though, so I'll likely be more fond of it after the DVD comes out.

The had a HUGE error in the movie... A very BIG F**k-up

What part are you referring to ? the "Flash / alternate future" part?
That wasn't an error - it was simply an example of what works to show on film that would be too awkward in text.

P.M. me if you don't want to say here

I rather to wait until DVD "Breaking Dawn Part 2 " comes out. I would like to watch it at home.

What part are you referring to ? the "Flash / alternate future" part?
That wasn't an error - it was simply an example of what works to show on film that would be too awkward in text.

P.M. me if you don't want to say here

** Potential Spoilers**

The error was that Alice can't see the future when it involves the wolves.
So the alternative future shouldn't have worked as the wolves were involved.

Meyer went to great lengths to state this through her books and they paid special attention to it in the movies, but cos the end of the Breaking Dawn is "boring" by movie standards, they broke that rule in order to "action" it up.

Major fail lol

** Potential Spoilers**

The error was that Alice can't see the future when it involves the wolves.
So the alternative future shouldn't have worked as the wolves were involved.

Meyer went to great lengths to state this through her books and they paid special attention to it in the movies, but cos the end of the Breaking Dawn is "boring" by movie standards, they broke that rule in order to "action" it up.

Major fail lol

I think there was actually a few "canonic" reason that would have allowed that to happen. After all in the second book/movie Alice states that her visions are tricky and changeable - referencing being able to "lie" to Aro about the 100% certainty of Bella becoming a vampire (as a way to convince the Volturi to allow Bella to live).

Along that line - as long as that outcome was a distinct possibility she would have been able to create that outcome to "show" Aro it as "The Future" (Aro doesn't know exactly how Alice's visions work - that they can literally can in a moment).

I do agree it's a fine line - but I think it does work in canon.

Yes Alice's visions change with people's decisions... I was under the impression she couldn't help or decide what she sees and when.

I just found they only stuck that bit in to create action. When they could've tied it up on the end of the 1st part... Meh

My friend and I giggled the whole way through anyway, we call it "twishite" cos it is :)

Back