Health Insurance come Jan. 1 2014

deafdrummer

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Obamacare will affect our health insurance as of January, 1at 2014?

From my health insurance flyer from work:

2013 will be a short plan year to prepare us for health care reform regulations that take effect in 2014. The benefits you elect now will not be for a full year like they have in the past. Instead, they will take effect on May 1 and end on December 31, 2013. (Stay tuned for more information)

Anyone have ANY idea what will happen come January 1st? HR was unable to tell us anything. Nada. Zip. Whatever this is, it could be historic (disastrous or not).

I have no idea, but I can't wait to find out!!! I hope they have the health exchanges set up by the 1st so you can buy your insurance, more than likely I would qualify for a federal subsidy.....and there shouldn't be any exclusions for pre existing conditions right?

Mama wants to get her a CI!!! It can't come fast enough for me!

Is there any idea as to how much insurance will cost? Like $100, or $500 a month? You know a lot more than I do.

Is there any idea as to how much insurance will cost? Like $100, or $500 a month? You know a lot more than I do.

It will subject to market price - depends on factors, so it can be cheaper or cost more.

What foxrac said, but also you can apply for federal subsidies to help pay for the premiums and that goes by your income.

What foxrac said, but also you can apply for federal subsidies to help pay for the premiums and that goes by your income.

Yes, I have government subsidies that help to pay my Medicare premium and Part D premium in full.

Back