Don't use skype for banking

This is for Sorenson VRS, I have no idea how other VRS works. Very important is jot down the operator ID number, date and time. If terp have misconduct or violated any of policy. This is very easy part, because all VRS operators have only one duty and that is very simple… relay the conversation between two parties. Nothing more, nothing less, as if the operator was not exist in conversation between two parties and that is the way it was supposed to be. Anything beyond that E mail VRSCOMMENTS@Sorenson.com, all of E mail though VRScomments@sorenson is treated with utmost confidential. Only very limited number of employees has access to it and their job is to pass to proper management and the management will take from there. It is very easy to fire anyone inside the company if they failed to comply the regulation.

But for other VRS provider, ask them whats E mail address for complaint. They should give you one. I tried one of VRS provider and they gave me customer care phone number which is NOT acceptable by me. This is one of reason why I am comfortable with Sorenson… The less people involved the easier to track down. Customer care phone? Too many people involved and there could be biased. I rather E mail to prevent from being biased.

Do it all the time. If the interpreter revealed my info to anyone else, that person would be terminated and if my info was compromised, there could be some sort of legal problem, although I dunno how that part works.

This is for Sorenson VRS, I have no idea how other VRS works. Very important is jot down the operator ID number, date and time. If terp have misconduct or violated any of policy. This is very easy part, because all VRS operators have only one duty and that is very simple… relay the conversation between two parties. Nothing more, nothing less, as if the operator was not exist in conversation between two parties and that is the way it was supposed to be. Anything beyond that E mail VRSCOMMENTS@Sorenson.com, all of E mail though VRScomments@sorenson is treated with utmost confidential. Only very limited number of employees has access to it and their job is to pass to proper management and the management will take from there. It is very easy to fire anyone inside the company if they failed to comply the regulation.

But for other VRS provider, ask them whats E mail address for complaint. They should give you one. I tried one of VRS provider and they gave me customer care phone number which is NOT acceptable by me. This is one of reason why I am comfortable with Sorenson… The less people involved the easier to track down. Customer care phone? Too many people involved and there could be biased. I rather E mail to prevent from being biased.

:ty: This'll come in handy some day if SOMEONE does something stupid. As for other VRS providers, here are the ones I know of:

ZVRS: help@zvrs.com

Convo: help@convorelay.com

As for Purple, I'm not too sure, but let me check my phone's contact list. Pretty sure it's in there somewhere.

Your welcome, and you see "Help@Xvrs.com" That is too loosen contact method. This type of contact could mean anything and generally open to anyone inside the company. They should have dedicate contact for any complaints or compliments because these kinds of comment is very sensitive. What if you contact acmeVRS technical support and that agent was nasty to you, so you e mail to help@acmeVRS.com and its a seriously MAYBE that bad agent sees it, he/she can delete them and nobody knows about it andy nothing is being done about it.

I would be comfortable sending complaints or comments to comments@acmeVRS.com instead of help@acmeVRS.com

ZVRS: help@zvrs.com

Convo: help@convorelay.com

As for Purple, I'm not too sure, but let me check my phone's contact list. Pretty sure it's in there somewhere.

Your welcome, and you see "Help@Xvrs.com" That is too loosen contact method. This type of contact could mean anything and generally open to anyone inside the company. They should have dedicate contact for any complaints or compliments because these kinds of comment is very sensitive. What if you contact acmeVRS technical support and that agent was nasty to you, so you e mail to help@acmeVRS.com and its a seriously MAYBE that bad agent sees it, he/she can delete them and nobody knows about it andy nothing is being done about it.

I would be comfortable sending complaints or comments to comments@acmeVRS.com instead of help@acmeVRS.com

You're right. My Yahoo Address book has more detail, but my phone doesn't have access to it.

I'm not sure where to post this. Mods, please move if you think it should be somewhere else.

ASL Don't use SKYPE for banking! - YouTube

Interpreter on youtube discusses how some people who don't have VP have tried to use skype (call an interpreter friend and ask for a favor, help them make a call) -

She warns: Don't try to use skype to call your bank. If you want to make any changes to your account, this will trigger a fraud alert and you can lose access to your account (atm, debit card, etc) until you go to the bank with ID to prove who you are and fix the problem.

Skype isnt certified nor approved VRS provider therefore not subject to confidentially laws

get a vp to stay safe

Back