Feeling really pissed off

I guess you can call this being very lazy too , just post something on Facebook instead of taking the time to made a personal phone call to family members. When my mother die I called cousins I had not seen in years b/c I felt they should know before we had the funeral and not find out in the newspaper a week later . I really do not understand this kind of behavior is seen so disrespectful to me not taking the time to made a phone to let a person know a family member had dies .

Our local newspaper runs obituaries immediately; NOT a week later. Often there is a very short notice on the day of death and then a longer obituary a day or so later as funeral and visitation arrangements are also made.

Sono

I am so sorry this happened. I wonder if checking on some things will make a difference in how much it hurts.

Did the rest of the family know that you were going to be without internet service for awhile? How much contact to you have with different ones of them on a regular basis?

I agree that JUST posting on Facebook is the wrong thing to do. But not that it is wrong to put it there. I am one of the ones that would be missed by those that JUST use Facebook as I don't even have a Facebook account because of no desire to do so.

Your uncle may well appreciate the later contact one on one contact even more than another person in the crowd.

I agree, and I havent been online as much since my surgery, but not everything posts to everybody's facebook page...

Im tired of the excuses, well didnt you talk to so n so, or did you see the posts..ect.. My mom was right there and didnt say a peep to me and not the first time she has done this and uses the excuse "she thought I already knew"

Well if I did, dont they think Id say something
Maybe I should say, Mom, I wont be at your funeral because Im assuming no one will tell me? Just sayin !
This is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen and my family is pretty dysfunctional. I do not use FaceBook for many reasons, so if my family posted a note on there and had the audacity to expect me to see it, I'd be livid. That's just really insensitive (I feel Emily Post rolling over in her grave).

I'm really sorry about the insensitivity of your family.

It was at the time, being goofy as usual and laughing and calling someone at the wake.... unknowingly anyways...

My daughter found one of her best friend dies on Facebook and it a huge shock to find out that way. People are becoming so impersonal today and not having consideration of people feels. You have every rights to be pissed off , you were not able to go show your respect to your uncle b/c of your family lack of consideration .

It was at the time, being goofy as usual and laughing and calling someone at the wake.... unknowingly anyways...
Don't feel so bad--after all, the person on the other end answered a call while attending a wake--who would expect that?

Our local newspaper runs obituaries immediately; NOT a week later. Often there is a very short notice on the day of death and then a longer obituary a day or so later as funeral and visitation arrangements are also made.
Our paper does the same.

Our paper does the same.

A lot of people do not even buy the newspaper today , they just get the news on line . I agree , it was odd to answer a phone during a wake , it should had been turned off .

A lot of people do not even buy the newspaper today , they just get the news on line . I agree , it was odd to answer a phone during a wake , it should had been turned off .

I forgot to mention the radio station web site that also has an obituary section that is kept up to date for several of the towns around here.

The on-line versions of newspapers have the same obituaries.

There is only a couple of family members on fb, and most of the old hags only have it to play games basically. The only thing I seen from my other aunt was," Prayers out to my brother " but with 11 brothers and sisters, which one? and most all of them have some sort of mild medical problems....But if it would have said something more on the line of " My brother XXXX and the passing of his wife " or something but there was no mentioning of anything, and let alone not posted to my wall or whatever it was supposed to do. I basically am not on FB much anyways, it just kind of died out the past year, and actually lately I think Im going to drop the internet altogether... its just full of BS on FB and so on.

There is only a couple of family members on fb, and most of the old hags only have it to play games basically. The only thing I seen from my other aunt was," Prayers out to my brother " but with 11 brothers and sisters, which one? and most all of them have some sort of mild medical problems....But if it would have said something more on the line of " My brother XXXX and the passing of his wife " or something but there was no mentioning of anything, and let alone not posted to my wall or whatever it was supposed to do. I basically am not on FB much anyways, it just kind of died out the past year, and actually lately I think Im going to drop the internet altogether... its just full of BS on FB and so on.

Then you are no long visit here anymore once you dropped the internet. Hmm.

The on-line versions of newspapers have the same obituaries.

Yeah but for some reason I never checked it out until my one of my daughter best friend die at the age of 39 yo. After that I checked it out on line and found a neighbor twin brother had dies.

squidward1.gif

I never really liked the idea of posting private info about funeral on facebook so when my aunt died nobdoy does post pictures of my aunt and such stuff like that.. but she should had contacted you without telling you and I was the last person to find out abuot my grandpa's death everyone knew i was like ugh ( that was 15 years ago I was 21 at that time) .. but I didn't go to grandpa's funeral cuz it was in winter time and I ain't gonna deal with snow but if I go to chicago I will ask mom where is grandpa's grave so I can put flowers and remind him I haven't forgot all about him :)

Nearly 3 years ago, I was visiting a friend in Indiana and was going to fly home that day when I received a text from my dad that my favorite uncle passed away. I had a rental car, and arranged with Enterprise that I needed the car longer for funeral and they allowed me to drive to Michigan to attend also, my dad took care of my flight situation. I was a pallbearer for my uncle and it was 9 degrees out, he was like a 2nd father to me and had many memories with him and my aunt.

A month later back home, a text from mom that my grandma passed away. It was a rough start of the year that time and all we can do is move on.

Some things they let me know... some other times I was the last to know so I know the feeling. If there is more open communication for everyone involved would make it easier for everyone to put their mind at ease.

Nearly 3 years ago, I was visiting a friend in Indiana and was going to fly home that day when I received a text from my dad that my favorite uncle passed away. I had a rental car, and arranged with Enterprise that I needed the car longer for funeral and they allowed me to drive to Michigan to attend also, my dad took care of my flight situation. I was a pallbearer for my uncle and it was 9 degrees out, he was like a 2nd father to me and had many memories with him and my aunt.

A month later back home, a text from mom that my grandma passed away. It was a rough start of the year that time and all we can do is move on.

Some things they let me know... some other times I was the last to know so I know the feeling. If there is more open communication for everyone involved would make it easier for everyone to put their mind at ease.

its rough on everyone when there is a death in the family, especially when its someone close to you. My dad suffered a mini stroke awhile back, My mom called me to go with her to drive my dads car back from his work as she went to the hospital from there, so I had to drive his car home, get my car and go to the hospital... wasnt too pleased when my sister lives with my parents but too lazy to do shit for them.
Thankfully my dad fully recovered as he was temporary blind, but his vision came back gradually. I am very close to my dad, and if he passes Im done with the family.

Back