Hearing lesbian looking for ASL friends

thatgirlrandi

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Randi, I'm a 28 year old lesbian looking for some new friends to brush up on my ASL. I have a degree, but haven't signed in a little over a year so I'm pretty rusty. Looking to get back in the game so I can go back to school for my interpreter certification! I look forward to hearing from you! =)

So I guess because you mentioned that you are a lesbian, you only want other lesbians that know ASL to respond?

Hey ,I know some sign and im looking for people who are better so that I can learn more.

there should be a gay part in learning ASL and other signing I can understand why she say it

Hello I'm Chula and I'm hearing. But I'm learning asl to become an Interpreter

Sent from my SM-G900T using AllDeaf App mobile app

I never understand why people sexual life anything to do with anything unless it lesbian you want sign with

What does being a certain sexual orientation have to do with learning ASL?

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using AllDeaf App mobile app

What does being a certain sexual orientation have to do with learning ASL?

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using AllDeaf App mobile app

abouslutly nothing so why did she put it as most important thing

abouslutly nothing so why did she put it as most important thing
Caz, she's posting in the GLBT Lounge; she identifies as being a lesbian and it's important enough to her that she feels she should come out right in her post and let folks know. It's not really for anyone else to question.

She's open and sharing and nobody needs to judge her on that. Especially in this sub-forum.

Caz, she's posting in the GLBT Lounge; she identifies as being a lesbian and it's important enough to her that she feels she should come out right in her post and let folks know. It's not really for anyone else to question.

She's open and sharing and nobody needs to judge her on that. Especially in this sub-forum.

I think it's incredibly weird to post in GLBT for ASL friends.

I don't pick my friends by sexual orientation, and I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who wasn't open to everyone.

If she's really looking for a date, she should just be open and say that instead.

I think it's incredibly weird to post in GLBT for ASL friends.

I don't pick my friends by sexual orientation, and I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who wasn't open to everyone.

If she's really looking for a date, she should just be open and say that instead.

Most certainly, Botti!...and I, for one, dislike hearies saying they are lesbian/gay and looking for deafies to learn ASL or practice with....very open for interpretion, you know?

The OP said her post # 4 "she is open to talk to everyday " . I am not gay but I sure feel that the OP should feel comfortable to speak freely in this sub forum . I can't believe how people are jumping all over her in GLBT Lounge !

The OP said her post # 4 "she is open to talk to everyday " . I am not gay but I sure feel that the OP should feel comfortable to speak freely in this sub forum . I can't believe how people are jumping all over her in GLBT Lounge !

:lol: Everyone entitled to their own opinions, but we all know that isn't really what you care about...

If you want to start some more fights, you will probably need to unblock a few of us to know what we are actually saying. :wave:

It probably doesn't matter. The original post is old and the poster hasn't been on the site since December 2014 anyway. Just seems unwelcoming to make a big deal about someone being GLBT in the GLBT lounge.

It probably doesn't matter. The original post is old and the poster hasn't been on the site since December 2014 anyway. Just seems unwelcoming to make a big deal about someone being GLBT in the GLBT lounge.

I don't think that was the point. It was more about why ask for ASL help there, as Language and sexuality are separate.

I don't think that was the point. It was more about why ask for ASL help there, as Language and sexuality are separate.
It's more than language and sexuality, it's cultures, 2 of them. People like to socialize with people who are part of the same culture. OP was probably just looking for shared cultures.

I don't know, maybe it was just me and some miscommunication, but I just don't see why your sexual orientation has to do with making new friends. I guess I assumed if you post in here, especially lookin for friends, that you already either have an "alternative" orientation or GLBT friendly. *shrugs* maybe it's just me...

~☆°Gypsy°☆~

It's more than language and sexuality, it's cultures, 2 of them. People like to socialize with people who are part of the same culture. OP was probably just looking for shared cultures.

Bet you and everybody else would be upset if I told you to take a hike because I just want to associate with Deaf people.

Same thing different culture.

Back