anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

Hey guys/gals, anyone get their underpants in a bunch when you see finger prints, smudging on your firearm? I have cleaned/polished with Rem oil but it does leave a film where fingerprints show up easily and it bothers me like crazy. I have used "Flitz" polish, it does well but is not 100 percent smudge free... anyone have a solution? tips? Thanks!
TCS says that you need to use gun cleaner product to clean the firearm, and then oil after.

I shot a Tommy Gun before. I had a friend who owned one, .45 caliber, and we would shoot up cinder blocks. Gee, it was fun, hah. One night our house caught fire and the cops found it in the house, along with a road flare they mistook for a stick of dynamite. My friend was not home, so they took me to the police station, where they somehow discovered their mistake (my friend was licensed for the Thompson) and released me with the machine gun. I was strutting through downtown, brandishing the gun, and needless to say, I was left alone. :lol:

Today I shot the Springfield XD 40 (loved it), Kahr:lol: 380, and 3030.

Woo hooo! Always fun to go pistol shootin'! Rifles too! Have you ever shot a Glock? I carry a Glock and have done so for 14+ years. I love the Glock but just curious about how it compares to the XD which just seems to be a copy but with different safety features.

Last edited:
Woo hooo! Always fun to go pistol shootin'! Rifles too! Have you ever shot a Glock? I carry a Glock and have done so for 14+ years. I love the Glock but just curious about how it compares to the XD which just seems to be a copy but with different safety features.

XD is a much better gun and I'd say Glock is a bastardized copy of XD :lol:

TCS says that you need to use gun cleaner product to clean the firearm, and then oil after.

hhhmmmmm...... gonna follow this suggestion. what brand do you use for gun cleaner and oil? I use good ole' Hoppe's

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Jiro said:

hhhmmmmm...... gonna follow this suggestion. what brand do you use for gun cleaner and oil? I use good ole' Hoppe's

TCS uses Hoppe's also. Use the bottle of cleaner to remove all residue, then use the bottle of oil to recoat all surfaces.

I have never shot a Glock. My friend I was shooting with has both, and he prefers the XD

XD is a much better gun and I'd say Glock is a bastardized copy of XD :lol:

Sorry jiro but the Glock has been around much, much longer than the XD. The XD is a copy with different safety. Glock is carried by more police agencies than any other gun around hands down. Less expensive too! Reliable as heck too!

My friend has a stock for his Glock that makes it lool like an AR :). It is pretty sweet. He is mad they don't make it for the XD. I hope to shooting over there again soon for my birthday. I will shoot the Glock then.

I want to buy an AR15 when I can save enough money. Nothing fancy just bone stock for me with iron sights. A friend of mine told me today that Walmart was selling them like hotcakes!

I would LOVE to have an AR15! A friend of mine wants to build one this year. I can't wait to see what you get ;).

50 cal AR! Wow! I just want a cheap AR with iron sights and collapsible stock, even a good used one would be fine if the price was right.

I want to buy an AR15 when I can save enough money. Nothing fancy just bone stock for me with iron sights. A friend of mine told me today that Walmart was selling them like hotcakes!
Which Walmart? I didn't think Walmart sold them at all. I thought they just sold rifles and shotguns.

Which Walmart? I didn't think Walmart sold them at all. I thought they just sold rifles and shotguns.

Reba, I'm not sure as I have never seen them but my friend lives in Ozark, MO so it had to be there or in Springfield. I'd like to see them and find out how much cash!

Found out that I can get an "Optics Ready" DPMS flat top AR15 for $625 new! Not too bad! Still have to save my pennies for a while!

Reba, I never thought of using the solvent on the gun frame where powder fouling is absent. I will try that soon if it can be confirmed that it will NOT harm/weaked the "bluing". Anyone know if its safe? BTW I use Outers Nitro Solvent. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back