No! Greek vote shocks Europe

Good....as a citizen of a eurpean country (i hold an italian passport, i also hold a canadian), the eu was a bad idea...the quicker it goes the better.
Good for greece

Greece doesn't have to crash or die. It just needs to recognize that there's no substitute for economic activity that is productive and not merely paper-pushing or doing useless things. I vote yes for the EU exit. While they may have had some sort of tenable union for some time, they do NOT have the following:

Monetary union - How northern Protestants and southern Catholics in the Union view the use and handling of money is vastly different.

Language Union - There are many different languages spoken in just a single government meeting or function.

Culture Union - How people live, do things, and what they believe in the work-a-day life is different also.

The mistake I believe is in trying to copy the union of the United States when it has these differences that are rooted in thousands of years of history. The situation in the US is very different, with largely English speakers coming to the New World to eventually form the US, and requiring from a hegemonic position the learning of English and culture of the New American.

I think what ought to happen instead is one of two choices at this point.

1) Go back to the way things were post-WWII. Every country has their differences and ought to be honored and respected.

2) Look at India and see how they managed to have a country even though English AND Hindi are both used as official languages in government, and there are many, many languages, customs, and beliefs in India. You can go from one state to another pradesh and think you might be in a different country, but what the unifying thread of India is Dharma. They don't try to stamp out differences in language, culture, and beliefs, but embrace them instead. Unity in diversity.

The western world, in order to grow and move forward, has to move beyond the western style of looking at things, with its competitive "us versus them," exclusive, defensive behaviors and look to cooperative, "let's work together," inclusive behaviors. Right now, western civilization, in comparison, does not have a lot of Inner Science, or Consciousness knowledge to understand what is happening in the big picture (as compared to the Indic or non-Western world that is inclusive, world-respecting, etc.).

Though this is changing in Europe as a result to exposure to India's ways, Europe still has a long way to go, and America has even further to go.

Just my opinion here...

I read it on news..from what I understand you do business with Europe as opposed to a country but as it best to deal with hard cash rather than bank in Greece any Americans with intrest be bit pissed we know more tomorrow..not saying I disagree with you many agree with your statement BUT we all in Europe can not turn back time..I expect Greece will get bailed out again but wont know until tomorrow if euro or dracma..The stock market not to good this morning

I read it on news..from what I understand you do business with Europe as opposed to a country but as it best to deal with hard cash rather than bank in Greece any Americans with intrest be bit pissed we know more tomorrow..not saying I disagree with you many agree with your statement BUT we all in Europe can not turn back time..I expect Greece will get bailed out again but wont know until tomorrow if euro or dracma..The stock market not to good this morning

The uk isnt even intragated in the eurozone economocly fully caz...there is in integration sure but you still.have the pound, and dont share the euro.
Its not about trning back time...thats just an ideological way to skew the discusiion. The euro is only like 15 years old anyway...
Whats inportant is if the euro benefits anyone basides german bankers long term....
I dont understand why people have a hard time with this.. greece was never an insustrial powerhouse like german,not even close, germany has always been richer, besides after the devestation of wwii, but that was short lived.
There is also cultural reasons the eurozone is a failed idea..itsa leftiest hammer againat different natione coultures and is one of assimilion though it talks a good talk of deversity...
The uk was smart (and i should add i also hold an entilement to the right of abode for. The united kingdom)...to keep the pound....and not go to the euro...

If GReece go out they got borrow money one place is terroist that is one big worries Brussels Harvey

I mean Brussels have...sorry iPad senstive

Greeks are smart! Unlike Us Americans who keep printing money at the federal reserve that causes our debt to keep getting higher. We keep borrowing and spending. We should learn from the greeks and stop borrowing and spending.

Greeks are smart! Unlike Us Americans who keep printing money at the federal reserve that causes our debt to keep getting higher. We keep borrowing and spending. We should learn from the greeks and stop borrowing and spending.

Your statement is incorrect and you need to review about Greece's issue with financial system.

Greece does borrowing a lot of money and spending on social service, also Greece has better social service than US, but Greece doesn't want to repay the loans that offered by EU and IMF so Greece doesn't want Germany to dictate about spending cut (austerity).

No wonder about you have trouble to understand the articles after you have a hard time with driving exam in other thread - English is hard language but you need to read more.

I post it again.On news short time ago this was mentioned that one of the places would or could be terroist organisations they got get money somewhere This what one of the things Brussels is worried about.I live in Europe and I not understand it that well but wait until tomorrow we get better idea

I post it again.On news short time ago this was mentioned that one of the places would or could be terroist organisations they got get money somewhere This what one of the things Brussels is worried about.I live in Europe and I not understand it that well but wait until tomorrow we get better idea

I doubt greece will bw getting any loot from terrorist groups..
If your talking muskem grouls its doubtfull...greece is an predominanlty orhtodox country, who was occupied by muslems, and the remember it too...theve akso fought recent wars witb muskem nations...turkey....
Cyprus..in rhe 1970s...
Its not the end of the wold for them...other nations have defsukyed on loans before...
Besides america will never be able to pay its national debt either...
Greece has allot of plms....but it can overome them...

Really? This is the result our borrowing and spending
http://www.usdebtclock.org

I don't give a fudge about debt issue.

Iceland had a lot of debt (more than US by per capita) and they filed for bankruptcy to got rid of debt, so Iceland's economy is growing very fast.

If you are concerned about debt so why are you not give up your SSDI and find a job?

We will see,but any yank in Greece now may have problem.all I know what see on TV and it of great concern and should be to others.as I say we will see soon

I don't give a fudge about debt issue.

Iceland had a lot of debt (more than US by per capita) and they filed for bankruptcy to got rid of debt, so Iceland's economy is growing very fast.

If you are concerned about debt so why are you not give up your SSDI and find a job?

No Comment, Because of the rules here

Back