Eight Dead, 37 Wounded in Fourth of July Weekend Violence in Chicago

What is wrong with people. Innocent people out enjoying the 4th of July getting gunned down. Horrible!!!!

Did read that it was gang related...the little boy's father was targeted...but the boy got shot instead...

What? no details on the attackers??
That's because they are all a bunch of hoichi clones. Don't talk to police.... Don't rat out fellow felons even if they shot a 7 year old kid! I guarantee plenty of people know who did the shootings etc.

That's because they are all a bunch of hoichi clones. Don't talk to police.... Don't rat out fellow felons even if they shot a 7 year old kid! I guarantee plenty of people know who did the shootings etc.

I dont appreciatethe slander.
Actually i have stated and i will again be clear..considering you have plms in english reading comprehension
That the only time i would ratt to the police is regarding crimes against children. Murder of a seven year old falls under under that.
Also since this was prob gang related those who know, prob would prefer death for the shooter ala revenge then time..
Look.
Dont slander me man..we have different opinions on allot of things so what..?
Slander isnt called for.
Thank you.

That's not nice...

Too much violence in Chicago. That's sad. :(

Truth hurts...

It does, but slander or down right lies as you posted, should be unbecoming you..
Ill accept you were unaware of my posts re where i stand on crimes against children. And let the insult pass.all cool.
But now your aware, id appreciate not to be slandered by you,,.
Hit me how ever you like, re my posts, i stand by them.but falshoods and slander dont serve any good. Non at all.
We disagree on a ton of stuff. Thats the great thing of a discussion forum, where mature adults can discuss and engage in differing ideas and opinions, and still respect each others differences...

What is wrong with people. Innocent people out enjoying the 4th of July getting gunned down. Horrible!!!!

Because Chicago ban the gun. The gang brought illegal gun somewhere else and shot them.

What we learn lesson... never ban the gun.

Black on Black crime...and Black Lives Matter!...now we should be seeing..."Black Children Matter"....

Gun Violence Erupts in Chicago During Fourth of July Weekend

Following a relatively peaceful beginning to the Fourth of July weekend in Chicago, Illinois, a spurt of shootings broke out. In just eight hours, three people were shot dead and 27 were wounded, including a 7-year-old boy.

On his way back from a Fourth of July celebration, 7-year-old Amari Brown was shot by a bullet meant for his father, Antonio Brown, according to Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy. McCarthy said the father was a “ranking gang member,” and that he has 45 previous arrests. He is reportedly not cooperating with police.

At the time of the shooting, Amari stood with an unrelated 26-year-old woman on the sidewalk. Amari was taken to the hospital by his father where he died. The woman was also shot and hospitalized but is in stable condition.

Hollie Williams, 38, said she was washing the dishes when her 9-year-old son ran in the kitchen. He was frightened, after having heard the gunshots, the Chicago Tribune reports.

“I didn’t even hear anything with all the fireworks,” Williams said. “I was shocked he knew the difference between gunshots and fireworks.”

Last year, during the Fourth of July weekend, the worst burst of violence occurred during a 13-hour period which left four dead and 26 wounded. The weekend had ended with 82 people shot, resulting in 16 deaths.

During this year’s extended Fourth of July weekend, 41 were wounded in 33 separate shooting incidents in Chicago. Seven people have been killed, ABC7 Chicago reports.

From just 9:20 p.m. July 4 until 4:45 a.m. July 5, 30 were shot and three died.

Most of the victims were in their early 20s though a few were over 30, and some were teenagers.

Vonzell Banks, 17, was one of this year’s victims, and like Amari, was not the shooter’s target. His life was honored at the South Side church where he played the drums. The park in which he was fatally shot was named after another slain teen, Hadiya Pendleton.

Several shootings involved multiple victims. Four were shot in an incident in Austin, three in Albany Park, two in West Chesterfield, another two in Humboldt Park, and two more in Fuller Park. Another 16-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl were shot around midnight as they walked around Old Town.

“In the last 48 hours, Chicago police officers have recovered about one illegal gun per hour across the city,” McCarthy said. While displaying some of the recovered firearms McCarthy said that officers would be moving to 12-hour shifts to increase manpower.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/gun-violence-erupts-chicago-during-fourth-july-weekend

So....the Father of the boy that got shot...."is not cooperating" with the Police....:hmm:...His Own Son!...That's the icing on the cake....

So....the Father of the boy that got shot...."is not cooperating" with the Police....:hmm:...His Own Son!...That's the icing on the cake....

This should not be hard to understand.
Its because this fsther is going to find and murder the ones responsible...
Not help the poloce find and arrest and protect the murderer...
Given the father is a ranked gang member, this actually makes.sense..
Few fathers would want the murderer arrested and protected..

This should not be hard to understand.
Its because this fsther is going to find and murder the ones responsible...
Not help the poloce find and arrest and protect the murderer...
Given the father is a ranked gang member, this actually makes.sense..
Few fathers would want the murderer arrested and protected..

I don't think so...feel the Father is terrified to come forth with any information that he knows....

As he knows the gang is after him....for whatever reason...could be a rival gang....And no way would he be able alone to kill the ones responsible....too many of them...

And to note...if he was so scared...feel he would have gotten police protection...as the Police would have information to these gang members and arrest them.....

He's just "not snitching"...and most likely scared shytless....feel he's gonna run...even hide....no matter that his own son is dead and he is responsible!

Back