semi truck driver stories

GENERALGOOSEPAC

Reaction score
HEY GUYS, I WANTED TO START THIS THREAD ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH A SEMI TRUCK. SOME OF THOSE MIGHT BE FUNNY, SCARY, BUT ALL ARE TRUE STORIES.

ALMOST 2 YEAR AGO, I GOT A CDL license (commerical driver license). MY FIRST COMPANY I STARTED WITH WAS "YELLOW", I QUIT BECAUSE OF UNDERPAID. I GOT ANOTHER JOB AT DATS TRUCK COMPANY. I WASN'T HAPPY WITH THE TM (terminal manager) we wasn't communicating very well via emails. He expects me to use the CB radio.. I can hear depends how fast this person speaks.. I can't hear very fast talker, only hear slow talker...

I quited and got job with SAIA. I love this job until I moved to here (Montana) found out that the pay isn't the same as in Nevada, so today (Jan/11/08) will have an interview with Oak Harbor Freight Lines inc at 11:30am

Tomorrow, I will start with one of my favorite stories. Anyone of you who have a story related with semi truck driver. Please tell us!!!!!

I have a quick werid stories happened to me one time

Between Truckee or Lake Tahoe, California I was hauling a single city trailer on I-80 east. I fell asleep, about 40 miles later.. Woke up and noticed I am in Reno and I couldn't rememeber what I did. I looked at the trailer and everything.. Its seem alright.. My body was completely shaking. I arrived in yard and my TM let me go home and get some rest. That happened to me ONCE, never happen again!!!

Wow, you're very lucky you made it home safe, Yike! Anyways, it nice to have a trucker on this forum!

PDR_0771.jpg

PDR_0776.jpg

PDR_0775.jpg

PDR_0780.jpg

PDR_0782.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/CjAl1/PDR_0783.jpg

PDR_0785.jpg

Beehives have to be moved to new locations at night. One night last summer, I was driving down Grand Gorge on I-84 with a flat-bed semi-load of beehives and suddenly my head jerked up. I had fallen asleep for a second (I hope.) I was still in my lane and going 50 MPH, but it scared me badly. I had only 75 miles to go, but I took the next offramp and slept two hours before continuing to Oregon City, still shaky for the experience.

Cool (maybe "cold," ha ha ha) photos, GG. Where were you?

the photos was in Donner Summit in Nevada going on I-80 west.

another photos

14.jpg
[/IMG]
another guy passed me.. im going 55mph another truck probably goes 70 to 75 mph. scares the crap out of me heh windy that day
13.jpg

at the yard full of cabover linehauls and city trucks. all brand new 2007 and 2008 models (white cabover ) 2004 i think.
in Idaho, Pocatello 2-1/2 hrs drive from beaverhead to pocatello

12.jpg

my first truck (in dayton nevada)

volvo vnm 45* liftgate trailer

Last edited:
Awesome photos. Been through Donner Pass quite a few times and it was always at night time.

Indeed it's scary and puts any driver who falls asleep to (hopefully) do the right thing and that is to pull over...switch with co-driver or get rest before continuing on. Before my first actual longhaul road trip, co-driver mentioned if ever tired, pull over or switch. He continued to tell me that the last guy that rode with him happened to fall asleep at the wheel and awoke with a startle causing him to over correct the path of the truck back onto the highway which ended up flipping the semi to its side. Apparently and unfortunately, his arm shattered the driver's side window with a serious cut/gash, in effect, gangrene set in resulting amputation of his arm. Whether this was true or not, this story was enough to remind me anytime if I ever felt sleepy, I would be sure to pull over where it was safe to do so. ;)

One other story--my buddy whom I went to truck school with, while he was out on a trip, solo driving to drop a load off somewhere in Chicago, he came to a 2 lane road that led to an underpass with overhead clearance too close to drive under, but he thought he could get through, sure enough, he got stuck at the point of entry beneath the underpass, causing something like two hours delay in traffic for both directions. He ended up backing the rig and taking forever to make a U-turn. Somewhere along the way, while pulled over, he went up to the top of the rig and pushed down the peeled top with his feet and applied duct tape. I asked him if he reported it...well, he didn't and got away with it. (He didn't even get any ticket either for the incident with the underpass)

~RR

Cool Pictures.. I've drove on I-80 many times and the Donner is awesome view! (I'm not a truck driver lol just my vehicle) I've been on cross country several times and enjoyed it.

It wasn't just the semis it was the cars also...people should know to slow down in heavy fog...Sad...

It wasn't just the semis it was the cars also...people should know to slow down in heavy fog...Sad...

Yeah but I'm referring to the pictures above :)

Yeah but I'm referring to the pictures above :)

I understand that.

I was typing my post while you posted, so I did not see your post...:) til after I posted.

I was referring to my previous post

I understand that.

I was typing my post while you posted, so I did not see your post...:) til after I posted.

I was referring to my previous post

Oooh got it now no problem :)

My dad drove truck for 20 years. I have a couple of funny or a bit stupid stories for ya. My dad was driving from NYC to Jersey on the expressway and their was a caddy weaving in and out of lanes like a moron. My dad felt a bump and thought it was a big pot hole and continued on his way. He was about a mile up the road when a semi going in the opposite direction told him to stop driving and stay where he was. He said "why?". The driver told him he had driven over the caddy and pushing it along. My dad said he had to stand up to see the caddy because he was driving a peterbuilt with a long nose. Dad said when the cops got there they ticketed the caddy driver and said "Don't you know you can't play chicken with a big rig?" I thought it was funny! He said it was a nightmare getting out of that "crazy" city.

Another story I have is when Dad and I were hauling a load to New Jersey and we were up in the Poconos. This little white Beetle kept speeding up and then slowing to a stop as we were going up the side of the mountain. The beetle was full of teenagers playing games with the truck. They knew full well that they were causing my father all sorts of trouble hauling a full load up the mountain. They continued doing this all the way up the mountain and tried to do it on the way down too. Well a fully loaded semi doesn't stop too quickly when going down hill. My dad hit the highway horn and shook his head no at the kids in the car. I think those kids made messes in their pants and took off like bats out of hell. My dad laughed the whole way down the mountain as the truck chased that little beetle. I don't think those kids will ever do that again!

My Husband used to haul oranges to Bradenton, Florida. He told me a story one time that he had a huge load of oranges mounded on the trailer and he speed around a curve and leveled out the mound. Oranges flew out all over the roadside.

Ah.. Semi truck driver stories.. Hmm.. I recalled few but I can share one a time from time to time I will share other one ... I drove my rollback truck with a suv on bed as I stopped at intersection then saw the livestock truck passed by then I turned right into the lane then I started smell all turds odor my customer who rode with me with her suv on my truck bed she kept gave me a funny look and I kept wondered where dat smell come from I have no idea where it come from we choked with that smell for good 25 miles down then that livestock truck just turned right I saw that livestock OH I realized that it was livestock after all I kept smell all the way down the road I smell rear of that livestock truck geez ...real champ smell! my customer even admitted that she thought it was from me or my truck... geez haha

Ah.. Semi truck driver stories.. Hmm.. I recalled few but I can share one a time from time to time I will share other one ... I drove my rollback truck with a suv on bed as I stopped at intersection then saw the livestock truck passed by then I turned right into the lane then I started smell all turds odor my customer who rode with me with her suv on my truck bed she kept gave me a funny look and I kept wondered where dat smell come from I have no idea where it come from we choked with that smell for good 25 miles down then that livestock truck just turned right I saw that livestock OH I realized that it was livestock after all I kept smell all the way down the road I smell rear of that livestock truck geez ...real champ smell! my customer even admitted that she thought it was from me or my truck... geez haha

:rofl:

One day I was driving the middle lane as I always do and noticed the 2 trucker on each side of me. I was thinking ,"Man dont squash me!!" I didnt want to be like a sandwich. At that time I had 1985 Mazda 323.

Back