SS checks may stop after Oct 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason they are saying that is because the gov needs to figure out the priorities to make payments in billions of dollars in interest and see if they can raise the "tricky debt ceiling" . Just like everyone in america - we have a budget to balance and any shortfall tells us we need to skip a payment or two somewhere to make it thru to live on for the month. All because of healthcare and gov shutdown.

Yep.
If Congress doesn't reach an agreement on the debt ceiling by 10/17. It is possible that SS checks won't go out on time.
:smh:

They're stopping the checks and mine haven't even started yet! :lol:

Well... time to move to west TX, if anyone need job in there. :D

Good for lazy bums who rely on SSI checks for alcohol/drugs use and thinks SSI is "free money".

What did you say? :laugh2:

They better find a part time job.
Even retirees (old people) who receive SS retirement benefits? What about former workers who became disabled such as visual impaired and receive SS disability benefits?

Do you still think they better find a part time job?

Even retirees (old people) who receive SS retirement benefits? What about former workers who became disabled such as visual impaired and receive SS disability benefits?

Do you still think they better find a part time job?

Yes.

I am sure the government will categorize the checks. Retirement benefits, and severe disabled deserve those paychecks. Sorry, I still do not support deaf people to receive SSI checks based on my experience. I could discuss with you all day on this topic.

Yes.

I am sure the government will categorize the checks. Retirement benefits, and severe disabled deserve those paychecks. Sorry, I still do not support deaf people to receive SSI checks based on my experience. I could discuss with you all day on this topic.

Well, that is what CP was trying to ask you. I get a regular SS benefit. I have never gotten SSD, SDI, or any of that other funny money, :lol:

But here's the deal: SS benefits of ANY kind will not go out if they don't raise the debt ceiling by the 17th of October from what I gather......

It is awful news. :(

I will be very disappointing if I can't receive SSDI check in November.

I started to receive the SSDI after resign from my job because of my vision problem and I had many accident incidents, so the employer unable to accommodate my needs to make safe position for me and my VR recommended me to become a student at university to get college education. That what I did and I'm closer to junior now. It will take around 2 years to complete with bachelor degree and I could find more job availability to accommodate with my vision problem. The deafness isn't big role for my SSDI because I have vision problem and other medical condition that have greater impact on jobs.

I found media said 20% chance about US will default on debt.

Like the furloughed employees, people on SSI, SSDI and SSA would have to live with being furloughed. This is what my husband and I are dealing with right now with the loss of over a thousand of dollars of pay in just one week of him not working. Maybe it is time for America to wake up and take voting seriously.

Good for lazy bums who rely on SSI checks for alcohol/drugs use and thinks SSI is "free money".
What about us who are disabled and rely on making a house payment? I used to think like that long ago... but once it happens to you you will sing to a different tune.

It is my understanding that this is just another scare tactic.

It's getting close to Halloween

"BOO!!!"

Did I scare you? huh? did I , did I ?

You do realize Social Security, SSDI, and SSI are NOT easy "free money." It takes MONTHS to get approved, often resulting in the seeker being denied multiple times before they even consider giving it out? It's not like Food Stamps and Welfare where they just plop it out, Social Security is NOT easy to get. Also, The government...... PRIORITIZE? LMFAO! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...... They can't even organize themselves, you think they're going to do that for Social Security?! :laugh2: Sorry, I find that incredibly amusing.

What about us who are disabled and rely on making a house payment? I used to think like that long ago... but once it happens to you you will sing to a different tune.

I am 5th generation Deaf. All of my family and relatives do not rely on SSI/SSDI. We EARN money by going to work everyday.

What about you? :hmm:

You do realize Social Security, SSDI, and SSI are NOT easy "free money." It takes MONTHS to get approved, often resulting in the seeker being denied multiple times before they even consider giving it out? It's not like Food Stamps and Welfare where they just plop it out, Social Security is NOT easy to get. Also, The government...... PRIORITIZE? LMFAO! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...... They can't even organize themselves, you think they're going to do that for Social Security?! :laugh2: Sorry, I find that incredibly amusing.

They can prioritize...easy......through computer. :cool2:

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, you have a good time dreaming about that.... I'll be over here in the real world where our government is a bunch of disorganized twat waffles.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, you have a good time dreaming about that.... I'll be over here in the real world where our government is a bunch of disorganized twat waffles.

Seems like you want to clean up the government mess. They should hire you after the shutdown ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back