What to do about my parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strictly my opinion: Stay where you are, finish your high school courses, get your diploma, and go straight to RIT. Your literacy level is pretty impressive, I think you are ready for college right now.

RIT is a highly regarded technical college, and their services for the deaf were awesome back when I went there, and today they are even better.

p.s Tell your parents that I am profoundly deaf, went to RIT, and now I work as an engineer. (Building systems engineer, not sanitation engineer).

It would be so nice if Alex would just contact the parents, and draw their attention to all that is being said here. :)

I'd like to see their perspective. I begin to think they sound too stereotypical to be true.

I'd like to see their perspective. I begin to think they sound too stereotypical to be true.

We should be careful what we wish for... They may just show up. :lol:

:lol: I thought that a while ago!
We should be careful what we wish for... They may just show up. :lol:

At least it would fall into the realm of normal when they turned out to have the same IP.... :wave: :P

Wait, is that the address of Western PA School for the Deaf? That's the school that I want to transfer to next year! (It's exactly 100 miles from my house, accoring to Mapquest, though.) My parents are trying to convince me that going to WPSD will ruin my chances for college. I think that's just stupid. I don't see where going to a Deaf school will ruin my chances for college. (In fact, it would probably look good on college apps to be bilingual. :cool2:)

I don't see why being deaf would keep me from driving or getting a driver's license. That's just a dumb excuse to keep me at home, doing nothing and being dependent.

:ty: for your post! I'm showing this one to my parents!

I'm beginning to wonder that, just like every teen, you're going thru rebellious phase. I'm feeling that this whole thing is mainly about you wanting to drive and everything else is trivial.

:hmm:

I'm with Grayma and Bottesini on this one. My spidey senses are tingling. But that's as far as I am going to go for now. :hmm: :whistle:

Okay, what is your problem? I'm trying to be nice, but I really am offended. Why does everyone keep accusing me of being a faker? I am NOT a faker. I would appreciate it if you would please show me what makes you think that I am faking.

I guess the only way to stop the these bullshit "faker" accusations is to have Alex meet every new member in person to verify they are indeed hoh or deaf. :roll:

KB1Zn.png

Closed per request.
If there is a problem with a certain member, take it up in PM's with the boss or use forum suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back