AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

Loghead

Reaction score
I thought this would be a creative thread to make for other ADers who are serious about wanting to get rid of a couple pounds.

Let's track our weightlosses and see who's been the most successful! Share your own personal success stories and tips in order to assist and motivate others going through the same thing you were.

Healthy recipes? Workout tips? Motivational speeches?

So far I have lost a total of 12 pounds since I started seriously trying at the end of August. It took a long time, but it's been worth it. I was 195 pounds and 5'3... :Oops:... but I have narrowed it down to 183 pounds. The goal is 135 pounds, but I would still be happy with 150 pounds. So that gives me a little under 50 pounds left to lose.

My tips? Well basically all I have been doing is eating healthy (for the most part... there have been a few slip ups) and exercising for at least an hour a day (I admit to having skipped a few days). The most important thing to do is to allow yourself to have a treat at least once a week. If you don't do that, your body will crave it, and if you do have a treat after a month of eating healthy, you're going to go nuts on junk food. Also, try not to lose your weight too fast. 1-2 pounds a week is healthy. Anything more gives you the possibility of having loose skin after your weight loss.

Anyway, I will record any futher weightlosses!

Since June 2009 I have lost 27.5 pounds. I have another 79.5 to go. I started at 255 and am down to 227.5

I try to pay attention to portion control and basically follow the weight watcher's points system.

I am unable to use the sugar free jellos or puddings or things like that since I have an allergy to aspartame (sp?)

I make a sugar free jello, by using Ocean Spray diet Cranberry juice with Splenda and Knox gelatin. It's really good. I also love, love, love, recipes from Lisa Lillien a/k/a Hungry Girl.

I have been doing a lot of walking and using the resistance bands for exercise.

Since June 2009 I have lost 27.5 pounds. I have another 79.5 to go. I started at 255 and am down to 227.5

Congratulations, Kristina! :) You should be really proud. Keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working. :)

I lowered my blood pressure from 220 over 120 to 160/100 in about two months.

I began a walking program, my older daughter goes with me between events in her hectic day.(That is due to my tendency to be a careless deaf/ one eye blind person. I am not great at noticing cars.)

I have so far lost about 10 pounds and begun a vegetarian diet, which should help with a lot of my physical problems.

Way to go!!

I began a walking program, my older daughter goes with me between events in her hectic day.(That is due to my tendency to be a careless deaf/ one eye blind person. I am not great at noticing cars.)

Good that she's there for you. My son goes with me as I fall even while using cane.

I have so far lost about 10 pounds and begun a vegetarian diet, which should help with a lot of my physical problems.

Vegetarian wasn't so bad for me, but having to cook for family as well it didn't work out. I'm just cooking healthier for all of us.

Congratulations Botts! Great to hear about all that you've accomplished!! :)

LOL Botts. You smacked him like a mama... haha (sweet, silly Nathan)

Great going everyone! Keep giving inspiration. Doc says I should lose some too, but just dont have the courage to try again.

Good idea here Loghead. We AD'ers do seem to enjoy a bit of competition, and who couldn't benefit from a healthier lifestyle?

I threw away my weight scale...

... totally regrettin' it now O_O

I'm guessing I've lost 20 pounds since the end of October? I will refer back to this thread when I find a weight scale :D

im rather not watch big loser on tv!! But i would focus on weight and i got gain weight down to 360 sometimes got more 361 and also down weight whether i lose few pounds on weight scale..

Before im lose weight i got more over lots weight near 400 lbs but im think i would let get more lots lose weight.

im lose weight down by 390,380 and 370 im hope i would get down 360 and 350 im pray for that but im still eat lots fruit sometime vegetable..

Hmmm, I must be the biggest loser on Alldeaf....no just kidding. :lol:

Congrats to all of the people getting trimmer and healthier. :applause:

I am glad you guys have this post. I think it is good idea. I am currently studying to be personal trainer. I have lost lots of fat weighs and gained muscle weigh. I have created a group in Facebook called "Deaf Bodybuilding and Fitness" to share experiences, problems, nutrients, supplements, and many more.

I threw away my weight scale...

... totally regrettin' it now O_O

I'm guessing I've lost 20 pounds since the end of October? I will refer back to this thread when I find a weight scale :D

JinxedKitten, nah.. nobody needs the scale but the doctor's office. If you want to look awesome, hot, and so on... just do what you can to achieve that goal.. you dont need the scale because it weighs your wet weigh, bad fats, muscles and other things in total. You even lose weigh when you are sick, eating too much, too much water and stuff like that which is not worth the time when you look in the mirror. It is all depends on what you eat and drink... exercise daily... you slim down... simple. My weigh maintains the same but I change by the way I look. People come to me say "damn, you look so good, .........." It is what matters, not the scale.

:D

It's always good to see people try and take control of their weight issues. Even I pointed out how great it was for Rush Limbaugh to lose a total of 82 pounds. He still looks good even today. Even I lost about about 25lbs, too, from 190.

Last edited:
I used to be 275, lost that flab to 190.

Now I'm hovering around 230. (I'm assuming... ) Working out to make sure I maintain my muscles this time around.

Got a few comments in the past few weeks that I was losing weight. I'm not even trying.

I used to be 275, lost that flab to 190.

Now I'm hovering around 230. (I'm assuming... ) Working out to make sure I maintain my muscles this time around.

Got a few comments in the past few weeks that I was losing weight. I'm not even trying.

It may have to do something to do with your intake versus daily calories burns that you didn't bother to realize such as walking, sleeping, etc...

Back