Greetings from Australia!

Auslan_91

Reaction score
I'm a hearing person extremely fascinated with sign language and Deaf culture.
I started learning Auslan (Sign language of the Australian Deaf community) because I wanted to be able to communicate with Deaf people and had a burning curiosity about sign language in general. Before I started learning early this year, I had never met a Deaf person in my entire life.

Being exposed to the Deaf community has given me a valuable insight into Deaf culture and how Deaf people live amongst a hearing majority. It's been an eye-opening experience for me and I hold it close to my heart.

Anyway, I look forward to making Deaf friends around the world and learning some different sign languages!

:wave:

I'm a hearing person extremely fascinated with sign language and Deaf culture.

I started learning Auslan (Sign language of the Australian Deaf community) because I wanted to be able to communicate with Deaf people and had a burning curiosity about sign language in general. Before I started learning early this year, I had never met a Deaf person in my entire life.

Being exposed to the Deaf community has given me a valuable insight into Deaf culture and how Deaf people live amongst a hearing majority. It's been an eye-opening experience for me and I hold it close to my heart.

Anyway, I look forward to making Deaf friends around the world and learning some different sign languages!

Hi, welcome :) I don't know auslan,,, but I can help with Asl lol :)

G'day, Auslan_91

Australian here, a long time member of AD as well. Welcome!

I am from Canberra, Australia and of course, I am deaf. What brings you to the world of alldeaf?

G'day, Auslan_91

Australian here, a long time member of AD as well. Welcome!

I am from Canberra, Australia and of course, I am deaf. What brings you to the world of alldeaf?

Awesome, thanks for the welcome! It's good to see a native Auslan signer on here, I'm from Sydney :)

This forum is like an additional resource for me to gain a better understanding of the Deaf experience and culture and also to make Deaf friends abroad and learn about their sign language and culture. And of course, make more Deaf friends from Australia!

Back