Sprint Relay store and Iphone 4S issue.

YUNI

Reaction score
So for the past 2 weeks I have been patiently waiting for Sprint Relay Store to announce the information in relation with the cost of Sprint Relay plan for Iphone 4S under Sprint 2 years contract. Since my contract with AT&T ended last summer and wanted to wait another year before deciding to move on with different server. So last week I emailed one of vcs for Sprint Relay and requested for the information about Iphone 4S and of course they didn't answer my question instead they stated that in email response(Should have saved the email so I could copy and paste it on here) that the Iphone 4S will be shown on Sprint Relay Store website on the release day. Eventually I did went back and check to see on the release day and nothing. I was kind of frustrated because I felt like being misled by a vcs who work for the company, anyway few days ago I saw a friend of mine on facebook's status that she left a comment on Sprint Relay facebook website and would read some people's frustration over the long delay about Sprint Relay plan for Iphone 4S. I have read that someone from Sprint Relay would tell the Deaf people to buy Iphone 4S, here is the copy comments from the sprint relay store suggesting Deaf people to buy Iphone 4S on facebook:::::

Sprint relay: Good afternoon Hugo, the iPhone is currently not available through the Sprint Relay Store, you may order one at sprint.com or at a Sprint retail store. We are working very hard on making our data only plan available in the near future. Please email vcs@sprint.com your assigned cell phone number and we will update your plan at your request once it is available.
Friday at 11:31am · Like · 1 person

So my immediate question is that why would Sprint Relay store recommend this person to buy Iphone from Sprint store and no sprint relay plan? This is frustrating because I had a high hope for sprint relay store and thought that they will treat us the Deaf the fair treatment as hearing people. I was wrong.

Do any one out there on this website got iphone from sprint and what plan are you on?

eh? Verizon and AT&T are sold out but Sprint still has some in stock O_O

SprintRelay Store online always slowest get new phones arrive announce not yet compare Sprint Store or online always fastest get new any phone arrived announce ...... never same time

Kinda off topic but when I purchased an iPhone, one of the main reasons was because AT&T offers a plan for deaf/hard of hearing. I've never fooled with Sprint, despite working for them 3 years. haha. I plan on picking up a new iPhone here around January, when my two year contract expires.

I knew they don't want Iphone 4s with only 3G without 4G sady.

only idiot don't understand about 4G and 3G network and battery issues.

Anyway, Sprint Relay Store is the different as if it's reps for BIG Sprint corp. Only here problem is that Sprint want to make profit. There are issues between Apple and Sprint and other party thry network on cost. bah

Although I did not buy iPhone 4S since I had my 2-years contract renewed with Sprint last year, I bought Samsung Epic G4 from the Sprint Relay Store online website but I had a hard time to set my plans to correct plans for Deaf so my mother helped me by call the customer services.
My current plan price is about $51 included $10 for premium on smartphone and $7 for insurance (my phone is expensive to replace).

[edit] iPhone 4S is nice smartphone to have, but I prefer a phone with a sliding keyboard better.

I prefer Sprint service because they're the only company that offers "direct" customer services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.

I also prefer iPhone 4S with Sprint as this particular phone has both CDMA?GSM chips (quad-band) that allows me to use to have access anywhere in the world when we do our yearly world travels. Blackberry phones have CDMA/GSM chipset as well BUT they do NOT have front-facing camera. Arggghhhh...

So, Sprint, when will Deafies get the option to purchase iPhone 4S with discounted data-plan only? Next time, please treat us Deafies as first class like others when ANY phone(s) comes out at the SAME time.

Eric in Seattle

I prefer Sprint service because they're the only company that offers "direct" customer services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.

I also prefer iPhone 4S with Sprint as this particular phone has both CDMA?GSM chips (quad-band) that allows me to use to have access anywhere in the world when we do our yearly world travels. Blackberry phones have CDMA/GSM chipset as well BUT they do NOT have front-facing camera. Arggghhhh...

So, Sprint, when will Deafies get the option to purchase iPhone 4S with discounted data-plan only? Next time, please treat us Deafies as first class like others when ANY phone(s) comes out at the SAME time.

Eric in Seattle

AT&T and Verizon does have Deaf plan. When iPhone 4 first release on VZ networking and I get it in same day with Deaf plan ready already.

I knew few of friends who return their iPhone 4s to Sprint since Sprint don't have plan for Deaf yet. Let me know when you get Deaf plan for iPhone 4s under Sprint.

Don't want to get iphone under ATT because you have to be signed by the doctor to confirm that you are Deaf? I mean what the heck? I don't need a fucking doctor to tell the ATT that I am Deaf well hearing impaired. It's none of their business to know the "condition' of how severe is the hearing loss. And Verizon my opinion too expensive so Sprint got the best deaf plan discount my opinion again

Don't want to get iphone under ATT because you have to be signed by the doctor to confirm that you are Deaf? I mean what the heck? I don't need a fucking doctor to tell the ATT that I am Deaf well hearing impaired. It's none of their business to know the "condition' of how severe is the hearing loss. And Verizon my opinion too expensive so Sprint got the best deaf plan discount my opinion again

You can go to VR Agency Counselors, Teachers, Audiologists, Credentialed Therapists, Directors of independent living centers to sign up form.

You can go to VR Agency Counselors, Teachers, Audiologists, Credentialed Therapists, Directors of independent living centers to sign up form.

Well I explained the reason why I wouldn't like to sign up under att server.But thanks anyway :wave:

Well I explained the reason why I wouldn't like to sign up under att server.But thanks anyway :wave:

Alright! I wish.. I know that Sprint Relay service and Verizon don't require doctor or others to sign up it but AT&T require that.

I don't use ATT myself but I can understand they do that to prevent hearing people to take advantage of the low cost and also if it was abused by hearing people then ATT would had probably raise the cost meaning the cost would be passed on to Deaf people as well too.

It not perfect but I do applause ATT trying to serve the Deaf needs and preventing hearing people to take advantage of it.

I think ATT could had included VP callback to speed things up and just hire someone who well versed in Deaf Culture to call applications on VP to confirm their deafness.

I think ATT could had included VP callback to speed things up and just hire someone who well versed in Deaf Culture to call applications on VP to confirm their deafness.
It won't works like that way. What's if hearing do know how to use ASL and easy to fake their Deaf.

Back