if you want to go to Harvard ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummer

Reaction score
this is interesting..

The Atheist's Dilemma | Christianity Today

and please try not to fight about it,

but its still wrong to force convert people just because they want to go to Harvard...or any unversity for that matter...

its like forcing students to become straights, or hearing before you're allowed to study there...
its so wrong!

How does the link tie into your statement? The link has nothing to do with anyone being forced to convert to attend Harvard. :confused:

this is interesting..

The Atheist's Dilemma | Christianity Today

and please try not to fight about it,

but its still wrong to force convert people just because they want to go to Harvard...or any unversity for that matter...

its like forcing students to become straights, or hearing before you're allowed to study there...
its so wrong!

Harvard is very liberal and rather Atheist in their approach as a college; religion isn't exactly supported in that climate. When did they ever try to convert one of their students? Have you seen their student body? It's largely foreign and very diverse.

Laura

Anyone looking for a Christian education hasn't sought out Harvard for a looooong time.

Anyone looking for a Christian education hasn't sought out Harvard for a looooong time.

I was just going to say....Harvard Divinity School sounds like a crazy contridiction. No one of the Christian faith has ever felt welcomed at Harvard; it's been largely reduced to "the C word."

Something tells me Harvard would be more likely to convert a Christian into a non-Christian.

I was just going to say....Harvard Divinity School sounds like a crazy contridiction. No one of the Christian faith has ever felt welcomed at Harvard; it's been largely reduced to "the C word."
Well, the first 100 years or so it was Christian based, for the preparation of Christian ministers. But certainly not in recent decades, or longer.

Well, the first 100 years or so it was Christian based, for the preparation of Christian ministers. But certainly not in recent decades, or longer.

From my own experience, I'm 45 and I've always lived in this state. In fact, my aunt lived in Cambridge, not far from the school, so we visited there a lot. My impression of Harvard then, as it is now, is that the school was largely anti-Christian. I never understood why a person of the faith, or any faith, would brag about having attended the school. I've no idea who they'd possibly convert but I imagine it would refer to a political, rather than religious conversion....

From my own experience, I'm 45 and I've always lived in this state. In fact, my aunt lived in Cambridge, not far from the school, so we visited there a lot. My impression of Harvard then, as it is now, is that the school was largely anti-Christian. I never understood why a person of the faith, or any faith, would brag about having attended the school. I've no idea who they'd possibly convert but I imagine it would refer to a political, rather than religious conversion....

Oh give me a break. Secular does NOT equal "anti Christian. It just means that it's NEUTRAL on religion whether it be Chrsitianity, Islam, Hinduism, Wicca or the Flying Spagetti Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back