Will you be killed over a leather jacket???

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I would like to get a jacket such as this one.

Michigan Wolverines Faux Leather Jacket Size Large | eBay

This is an example. I don't want to spend $200 or something on one. I won't mind spending around $20 or so on one. They don't have to be $$$$.

Now, my questions is: I know people have been killed over a leather jacket. Do you think people will kill other people for a jacket like this?? I know I just want a $20 jacket. Would someone be able to say whether this is a $20 or a $200 jacket?? I know a lot of time people in gangs don't think. They see a leather jacket. They don't see a price tag. They just want a leather jacket. They may kill someone for a leather jacket.

Your thoughts??

People have been killed even for a lot less than $20.....so who knows?....One guy had his shoes and all his clothes stolen on the street, left him naked.....and to insult the injury, the thieves laughed about it and told him he could keep his sunglasses.....(guess he didn't order them from Jiro!)

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

PowerON said:
I never like wear dead animal on me.

I personally refuse to wear live animals on me. :)

I wear live animals - my cat likes being draped over my shoulders :) she makes a very good fur wrap.

Good. I would not want to kill any animals just to wear a jacket. faux plastic will do fine.

Q: "Will you be killed over a leather jacket???"

A: Try it and find out. If you are, let us know so we can avoid your mistake.

I doubt that a gang member is going to kill you for a fake leather Michigan jacket. I wouldn't wear it into Buckeye territory though. :lol:

I'm amazed how REAL fake leather looks these days. WOW.

There was an article in yesterday's paper, (can't find it online, website not easy to navigate) where a 16 y/o boy was shot at point blank range by a 15 y/o over a $40 bike. 16 y/o bought it from a friend not knowing it was stolen.

There was an article in yesterday's paper, (can't find it online, website not easy to navigate) where a 16 y/o boy was shot at point blank range by a 15 y/o over a $40 bike. 16 y/o bought it from a friend not knowing it was stolen.

Oh! You just reminded me ...PBS released a film called "The Interrupters" - supposed to be airing on TV soon. Hope I didnt miss it already. It's about people who has had enough of gang violence and are now doing direct interventions.

About the film | The Interrupters

I wear live animals - my cat likes being draped over my shoulders :) she makes a very good fur wrap.

:roll:

I remember back in early 90s, it was very dangerous to wear sports starter's jackets... Just dont wear them where black ppl are. Most gang members are black,right? Wait, you dont live in ghetto,do ya? :lol: Maybe you like to show-off alot Derek.. :dunno:

I will say that if your leather jacket includes biker club colors, you'd best be careful where you wear it. There are rules about that.

Back