VP Debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a CNN pundent describe how the dials worked before the debate. I wish I could have seen that for myself. I would have been curious to see how the target audience was responding to Palin.

Well, from the targets in our area, when Biden was speaking, the dials would stay at the baseline when he first started speaking, and then gradually max out as his points were made, as if people were listening and agreeing as he went along. With Palin, she would start to speak, the dials would go up, and then quickly drop back down into the negative, and then spike back up alittle over the midline, then drop back down. It showed that people would start to approve of what she was saying, but the more she talked, the less they approved. Biden maintained a consistent approval rating.

Well, from the targets in our area, when Biden was speaking, the dials would stay at the baseline when he first started speaking, and then gradually max out as his points were made, as if people were listening and agreeing as he went along. With Palin, she would start to speak, the dials would go up, and then quickly drop back down into the negative, and then spike back up alittle over the midline, then drop back down. It showed that people would start to approve of what she was saying, but the more she talked, the less they approved. Biden maintained a consistent approval rating.

Thanks for that description, Jillio. Given what I know about the content of the debate, I'm not surprised by that reaction.

I also remembered something Palin said. She said basically in a nice way that we have to do our responsibility to live within our means. I think that's basically saying that we are living irresponsibly buying things we cannot afford. I think with the high debts it is true, but I wonder what deeply she was trying to imply.

In Alaska, as governor, she did a lot of bugdet cutting. Such as getting rid of the limo and driving herself to work. She did other budget cuttings.

I also remembered something Palin said. She said basically in a nice way that we have to do our responsibility to live within our means. I think that's basically saying that we are living irresponsibly buying things we cannot afford. I think with the high debts it is true, but I wonder what deeply she was trying to imply.

In Alaska, as governor, she did a lot of bugdet cutting. Such as getting rid of the limo and driving herself to work. She did other budget cuttings.

She also billed the state for reimbursement for time that she was actually spending in her own home, for travel expenses for her family, and for air fares for her family after she sold the state's plane at a huge loss. I wonder how much her so called budget cuts actually benefited the people of Alaska? It would appear that she cost them more than she saved them.

Did y'all see the quote from Hillary (I'd have to hunt for it...groan...) about how well she thought Palin did? I have a couple of theories about that one...

Did y'all see the quote from Hillary (I'd have to hunt for it...groan...) about how well she thought Palin did? I have a couple of theories about that one...
This one?
...As for Republican Gov. Sarah Palin, "I think she's very good. I always thought she would do well," Clinton said. "It's amazing. She's been thrust into the national spotlight with very little preparation.

"All things considered, you saw a very composed and effective debater last night," Clinton said....
Usmagazine.com | News - Hillary Clinton: Palin "Composed, Effective" During Debate

Look at those people against Sarah Palin

There are barbie doll make of her for sale in the store. The doll repeating some phrase and is making fun of her.

whats wrong with Sarah Palin??
YouTube - whats wrong with Sarah Palin??

SARAH PALIN - THE WOMEN OF ALASKA SPEAK OUT
YouTube - SARAH PALIN - THE WOMEN OF ALASKA SPEAK OUT

Anti Sarah Palin Rally Anchorage Alaska sept 27 2008 McCain
YouTube - Anti Sarah Palin Rally Anchorage Alaska sept 27 2008 McCain

Palin Gets Name of Top U.S. Commander in Afghanistan Wrong
YouTube - Palin Gets Name of Top U.S. Commander in Afghanistan Wrong

ABC World News Calls Out Palin's Bridge Lie
YouTube - ABC World News Calls Out Palin's Bridge Lie

CNN Documents Sarah Palin's Truthiness Problem
YouTube - CNN Documents Sarah Palin's Truthiness Problem

Jack Cafferty Tells Us How He Really Feels About Sarah Palin
YouTube - Jack Cafferty Tells Us How He Really Feels About Sarah Palin

Hockey Moms Against Sarah Palin
YouTube - Hockey Moms Against Sarah Palin

They're Hillary's words and I in no way interpret or spin them.

No, I meant the "it is what it is." A very philosophical statement. KInd of like "it has to be somewhere."

To me, Biden is a knowledgeable and answered ALL the questions and rebutted Palin´s attack... but Palin?

Biden has more experience and knowledge and Palin was very charming talker.

I´m very impressed about Biden than Palin. He give Americans hope but Palin? I has no good feeling when I look at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back