church video relay?!

... Due their sign different for example 'bless' and 'temple' and all other... yes to avoid misunderstanding and easier to communicate that what VRS is for...
Interesting. Do you think every religion should have its own relay service in order to avoid misunderstanding?

Interesting. Do you think every religion should have its own relay service in order to avoid misunderstanding?

possible yes... example of one forum this alldeaf.com that flame out due different believe or misunderstanding that would possible happen on the phone...

possible yes... example of one forum this alldeaf.com that flame out due different believe or misunderstanding that would possible happen on the phone...

now this is going too far. TOO MANY VRS's!!! I wouldnt want the funds to run out or services restricted just becuase we want more.

now this is going too far. TOO MANY VRS's!!! I wouldnt want the funds to run out or services restricted just becuase we want more.

Out of Curious.... how many VRS provider should be maximum?

Out of Curious.... how many VRS provider should be maximum?

I dont think there should be a maximum, but look at the number of deaf/HOH who CAN afford high speed internet for video relay connection or live near a free wifi for portable one. Take THAT number of deaf whom have thier own VRS number and multliply that by 4 VRS's they use for thier own freedom choosing. Do you really think the market can SUSTAIN that with a limited number of deafies/HOH's using VRS's?

There seems to be 2 issues right now as far as VRS's. How many of your freinds actually make calls with more then one VRS in the same day, at least 5 days a week ? Less then 50 percent of your freinds for sure!
The other issue is that the more VRS choices we get, the more stringent FCC is going to become and will start to say its getting too expensive and will pass it off to the locals like the state. Look at what TTY's did. they were national at one time and then now there is a TRS for each state and they are being paid pennies now. I am sure its worse now with more deaf/HOH shifting thier focus to VRS instead which is where the money is.

My point here is that its time to slow down with getting another VRS company and we need to focus on what we already have and try to keep it running the same way it is now for the future. I don't want and don't think others would want a change in practices and fees implemented anytime soon. Our free VRS services are NOT gauranteed forever.

If I understood correctly from disability rights website, some churches do get gov't money to support disabilities so it will be more accessible for them. Like a ramp or anything like that.

If I understood correctly from disability rights website, some churches do get gov't money to support disabilities so it will be more accessible for them. Like a ramp or anything like that.
Not that I'm aware of in America. Churches don't pay taxes, and they don't receive government funds.

Back