How did you choose your username?

Samantha*

Reaction score
I want to know how everyone came up with their usernames. I'm sure there are some interesting stories out there. :P

We had an old thread on this a year or two back for the crowd then. :)

Here's mine again:
内緒 (ないしょ, roman: naisho) : secrecy; confidentiality; privacy; secret

tI started originally as Oceanblue7, recently changed my username to Rio after , the 80's band Duran Duran album, it's also one of my fave. The reason why I changed it many confused me with other ocean user.

I grew up in a lake-side town on the beach, and my husband and I built our retirement house in an ocean-side town on the beach. I love the beachy life. Hence the name.

My beloved cat's name, ceiling cat rest her fuzzy soul.

whatever your something pretty! it is very username :lol:

Came up with it before internet was even being used. It was 1991 or 1992 or somewhere around there. It was during a time when 9600 modem was fast! I was on a local forum and was trying to decide on a username.

Few friends on forum started shooting words at me and I picked out Secret and Blend. Put those together and liked it. Been using it ever since.

well mine was different at first as well, it was an old name that I used on many sites but my ex started hacking different sites so I changed it here before he found the place.
I chose JabberJay after the books "the hunger games" The JabberJay Birds that could mimic peoples voices perfectly, used as scare tactics, spys and messengers.

How do you change your user name? I think the site has mine confused with a user that made their profil in 2007 because when I click my name in the little box at the upper right, it brings me to someone else's profile...

Back in High School I ran cross country. I also did some track and field and other sports. My friends nicknamed me Cheetah and it stuck ever since. It's kind of ironic because I have slowed down a lot since. :)

My user name-drphil- was dreamed up by my oldest son- Frank when I joined Vampire Freaks.Com over 5 years ago. Have the "goths/skin heads" get real!

drphil is the real computer code to his website: drphil.com.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Well, I was rockin' in the tree tops all day long....
rockin' and a'boppin' and singing this song...
All the little birds from Jaybird Street...
Love to hear the robin' go...
"Tweet, Tweet, Tweeeeet"

Just popped up in my head when trying to think of a user name here at AD...dunno if anyone else has had it or not....Whenever I'm in a good mood, the song pops up.

People call me a little daredevil. Honestly, I don't think I am. They call me that because I went to Kenya by myself, bungee jumping, skydiving, etc.

For a thing, I tried using daredevil, but obviously the name was taken. So I tried "daredevel" (A little homage to Evel Knievel). I added the 7 because "daredevel" was already taken by some other thing. It's my favorite number.

Why? Clue:
1 - Gluttony, 2 - Greed, 3 - Pride, 4 - Lust, 5 - Sloth, 6 - Wrath, 7 - Envy...

Mine is similar to Sunny- my name starts with a "C" and I sign.

originial was MizzDeaf and changed to Mizzou last few years. Mizz is Missouri and I am Deaf.

Back