The world's second-ever octuplets were born

I saw the news today, and they are claiming she had plastic surgery. Earlier today I was thinking that she looked a lot like Angelina Jolie especially with the lips. Then this evening I saw on the news that they are saying she looks like AJ...I was like BINGO! They said that some people are claiming she had plastic surgeries to look like AJ. But if she did, who paid for the surgeries, since she is on welfare? Or does the state of California pay for plastic surgeries too? :shock: If so, that is wasteful use of taxpayers' money! :mad2:

If Medicaid or whatever health insurace she had approved to use taxpayers' $$ to pay for plastic surgery, then someone is gonna have to answer some questions.

It is other people's business if their taxpayers' dollars are supporting her and her children. People have every right to complain.

Personally I don't care if people spend tax dollars on supporting a mother of 14. It only bothers me when they spend the money on unethnical practices like abortion, vivisection or the meat and dairy industry.

Personally I don't care if people spend tax dollars on supporting a mother of 14. It only bothers me when they spend the money on unethnical practices like abortion, vivisection or the meat and dairy industry.

It would seem that you are confused regarding the concept of medical ethics. Abortion is a legal, and often necessary procedure. When it is performed within the practice standards set forth by the medical governing boards, it is not unethical at all.

However, implanting 8 embryos into a single woman who already has 6 children and no visable means of supporting them, is not only a violation of practice standards, it is a violation of the ethics of malefilence and beneficience, as well.

And you might have a different opinion regading the spending of tax dollars if those dollars were coming out of your paycheck. Easy to sit back and make that statement when you aren't even paying taxes.

I read about her. I think something's wrong with her mind! :shrug:

dear god, as the saying goes, 2's company, 3's a crowd but 8 makes a good party lol

remembers me of an old scottish joke back in crofter days, the midwife was called to deliver a baby in a remote croft, it was dark so she asked the husband to hold the lamp so she could see what she was doing....

congratulations sir, you have a son, wait there's another, congratulations you have a daughter, twins... oh wait there's another, congratualtions sir you have another son, triplets... at the point the husband blows out the lamp..
the midwife calls,, WHAT ARE YOU DOING I CANT SEE WHAT IM DOING< PUT THE LAMP BACK ON...

no way lassie, it's the light that's bringing the wee buggers out:lol:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Ohh my gosh! This is hilarious!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Do you even have ANY idea how much it costs to support 14 children on welfare (which is taxpayers' money) let alone 8 fragile premature babies?! The costs for the octuplets alone are astronomical! Wait, you probably don't know what the word "astronomical" means, anyway.

0212_octomom_pregnant_pictures_ex5.jpg

Why isn't the Department of Children Services stepping in when she is already putting up a website asking for donations to help raise her children?

Enough is enough, really.

14 children's lives are in the hands of a woman that seeks validation by having children.

The ironic thing is she is getting her Master's in psychology yet cannot notice herself doing all this harmful behaviour towards herself and her family.

Why isn't the Department of Children Services stepping in when she is already putting up a website asking for donations to help raise her children?

Enough is enough, really.

14 children's lives are in the hands of a woman that seeks validation by having children.

The ironic thing is she is getting her Master's in psychology yet cannot notice herself doing all this harmful behaviour towards herself and her family.

This is something I question, too, Mrs. Bucket. Having completed the master's program in counseling, I can assure you that a good portion of time is spent in self examination and dealing with your own issues. It is widely believed that unless we, as counselors, deal with our own issues, and seek to improve our own functioning, we are not able to assist others in dealing with theirs. We were required to undergo counseling sessions ourselves. Idoubr seriously that this woman would ever be able to complete the internships and coursework necessary to be eligible for licensure.

This is something I question, too, Mrs. Bucket. Having completed the master's program in counseling, I can assure you that a good portion of time is spent in self examination and dealing with your own issues. It is widely believed that unless we, as counselors, deal with our own issues, and seek to improve our own functioning, we are not able to assist others in dealing with theirs. We were required to undergo counseling sessions ourselves. Idoubr seriously that this woman would ever be able to complete the internships and coursework necessary to be eligible for licensure.

You just said what I was thinking.

She doesn't have the mental capacity to be able to differentiate from right and wrong because her logical reasoning is horribly flawed already.

You just said what I was thinking.

She doesn't have the mental capacity to be able to differentiate from right and wrong because her logical reasoning is horribly flawed already.

Quite true. No way she can guide others on correcting their distorted reasoning.

She said she is not on welfare. Am I reading right? BUT she said she collects food stamp benefits - $400 something a month, which is NOT enough to feed her 14 children. What kind joke it is? I have spent between $200-$300 a week on food but I am using coupons to decrease the prices, which help.

I agree with this also.

This article may have been a little over a week (or two) old but regardless, I wanted to point out what was said in the article --

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with kids - Women's health- msnbc.com

Little psychological research has been conducted on the reasons some mothers seem hooked on repeated pregnancies. David Diamond, a co-director for the Center for Reproductive Psychology in San Diego, said mothers can be drawn to repeat pregnancies for a number of reasons, with some finding the experience so satisfying they choose to become surrogates.

Yolanda Garcia, 49, of Whittier, said she helped care for the mother's autistic son three years ago.

The mother holds a 2006 degree in child and adolescent development from California State University, Fullerton, and as late as last spring she was studying for a master's degree in counseling, college spokeswoman Paula Selleck told the Press-Telegram.

The mother has been variously identified as a student working toward a master's degree in psychology and as an employee of a fertility clinic.
Source

Okay - I'm seeing a lot of irony on this situation.

Before the intro fertilization was happening, She has 6 children and one of the child is autistic. She has a degree in child and adolescent development and was studying for master's degree in counseling. On another separate article, it was mentioned that she is/was an employee of a fertility clinic.

Here's what I'm thinking -- She very well knew the dangers of having octuplets and what gives, especially when she is/was an employee of a fertility clinic? I'm thinking there's something more to the picture here. Is it possible that as an employee, she abused her position to get by with the loophole of the limitation of the embryos that were implemented in the first place?

What gets me the most of all of this is -- She has an autistic child in the mix and I very well know how hard it is to take care of an autistic child, let alone 6 kids and heck, let alone 14 kids too. This really baffles my mind because I was trying to make sense of all this situation.

It has been said over and over again in various articles that she has been wanting to have a big family since she was a teenager but surely, she has had a degree in child/adolescent development - She could be aware of the complication of how to raise a big family, let alone of being on welfare as well.

Now that being said - Especially with a child that is autistic, could she even think about how she could get by with all this? What I am trying to say is, Does she even have any remorse at all? My guess would be - No, She doesn't. Why is that? She very well could be one of the statistic where a woman is being "hooked" on getting the feel of being pregnant. (re; the first quote) It's sad, really.

I say, regardless of how stupid all this is happening - She needs to get herself checked out and to stop denying all this "welfare" statement because being on the disability check and using the food stamps are considered to be a welfare, nothing more, period.

And now that she's asking for a website to get all the donations dropping in - What gives? If she had knew she was resorting to the internet to ask for donations, She would have clearly needed to think twice about it before getting herself in this huge mess. It's lame, really. This is nothing more than her starting a propaganda to gain attention and to earn her 15 minutes of fame.

Back