Debate over American POW exchanged for 5 Taliban prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not let make assumption and not all people are same.

I totally forgot to use Spanish after wrote in English all time, so not using the language could weaken the writing and reading.

Bergdahl has go thorough the rehabilitation to learn English and return to normal life.

What about the dad, he was making assumption too about his son and you could see the son talking in English when he was a POW . He said very clearly that he wanted to go home . I heard nothing on the news saying he does not understand how to speak English anymore , if that was the case we would had heard something by now.

What about the dad, he was making assumption too about his son and you could see the son talking in English when he was a POW . He said very clearly that he wanted to go home . I heard nothing on the news saying he does not understand how to speak English anymore , if that was the case we would had heard something by now.

Oh well, spoken language is not my concern, anyway.

Fox News Poll: 84 percent worry prisoner swap puts US soldiers at risk | Fox News

Oh wow ... 84% :hmm:

That's enough to get an impeachment charge ...

Last night the White House held a closed door briefing in an attempt to quell and silence bi-partisan outrage over this.

It didn't work - in fact, it backfired. Senators from both sides of the aisle have expressed shock, outrage, that Obama violated the law by not notifying Congress 30 days in advance.

I think Nixon once said "Its not illegal if the President does it".

EXCLUSIVE: Bergdahl declared jihad in captivity, secret documents show | Fox News

U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl at one point during his captivity converted to Islam, fraternized openly with his captors and declared himself a "mujahid," or warrior for Islam, according to secret documents prepared on the basis of a purported eyewitness account and obtained by Fox News.

The reports indicate that Bergdahl's relations with his Haqqani captors morphed over time, from periods of hostility, where he was treated very much like a hostage, to periods where, as one source told Fox News, "he became much more of an accepted fellow" than is popularly understood. He even reportedly was allowed to carry a gun at times.

Please keep in mind that before he deserted, he sent emails expressing his disgust at being an American.

While he understood the need for urgency, King said the administration made a mistake by failing to notify Congress before the exchange.

"I think clearly that was something that they should have done," he said.

That was a polite way of saying the President broke the law. A polite way of saying the President committed an "impeachable offense"

“That did not sell me at all," said Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.). "The proof of life was basically five months ago. December? At that time he was impaired. That is not the person that was released here. He was not in that type of dire situation when he was released.”

That was a polite way of saying he was lied to.

The Associated Press, citing interviews with three unnamed congressional officials, also reported Thursday that the Obama administration told senators it didn't notify Congress about the deal because the Taliban had threatened to kill Bergdahl if the deal was made public before it occurred.

Because that is what terrorists do. We do not negotiate with them for that very reason. Any negotiation will weaken our country - especially when they are handed the top 5 terrorists in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back