Question for the single fellas over 25..

KStiletto

Reaction score
Hey guys. This question is geared to the guys who want to eventually get married and settle down, however I am willing to listen to others.

I hear guys say two different things on this subject. Would you prefer your future wife to be a stay at home mom strictly (assuming your income was sustainable,) while you work, OR would you prefer both you and wife to work? TIA.

It is really sad that most of women at current generation cannot cook for sh*t

I can say the same for men.....it is really sad that most of the men at current generation cannot cook for sh*t. Can't expect women to be the one doing all of the cooking. :P

And yes, I can cook food. I've cooked for 30+ people for one large lunch and they told me they loved the food...and the same for a dinner meal I've cooked for my landlady. :)

Hey guys. This question is geared to the guys who want to eventually get married and settle down, however I am willing to listen to others.

I hear guys say two different things on this subject. Would you prefer your future wife to be a stay at home mom strictly (assuming your income was sustainable,) while you work, OR would you prefer both you and wife to work? TIA.

I'll tell ya this. I was at Intrepid museum and I saw this poster.

Edith Sokol - "I want to make sure I make myself clear about how I've changed. I want you to know that you are not married to a girl that's interested solely in a home - I shall definitely have to work all my life - I get emotional satisfication out of working... Also, dearest, I shall never wash and iron - there are laundries for that! Do you think you will be able to bear living with me?"

my kinda woman :)

I can say the same for men.....it is really sad that most of the men at current generation cannot cook for sh*t. Can't expect women to be the one doing all of the cooking. :P

And yes, I can cook food. I've cooked for 30+ people for one large lunch and they told me they loved the food...and the same for a dinner meal I've cooked for my landlady. :)

facepalm at this quote. (not at you but at general that men should be good at cooking as women)

why can't men cook as well? my dad's the best cook in the family. He's the one who makes the dinners and taught me how to cook :)

why can't men cook as well? my dad's the best cook in the family. He's the one who makes the dinners and taught me how to cook :)

I m saying that it s lost art that women at current gen cannot cook at all. Men are supposed to work outside of kitchen but we have feminist these days so what can I say
?

I know plenty of guys that cook, including myself.

It's also worth mentioning that women as professional chefs weren't initially that welcomed, and a lot of women still feel like the industry is male-dominated.

A brief history can be found here: History of Women Chefs

I suppose I fall into the type of feminism that basically says that women aren't obligated to seek out careers that directly challenge female stereotypes if their passion lies with things like homemaking and raising a family. The options exist, and that is what really matters.

It's my opinion that what is important when finding a guy is that he supports you whether you want to go to law school or keep the household, understands that you do either because you control your life and deserve to realize your goals, and believes in working with you regardless because he loves you for you.

I m saying that it s lost art that women at current gen cannot cook at all. Men are supposed to work outside of kitchen but we have feminist these days so what can I say
?

lol wot?

I am a pretty decent cook unless you are referring to gourmet meals? If so, then I am out.

As for women staying home....being a housewife and raising kids is definitely a full time job plus more. I am trying to do my full time teaching job and then take care of my house and kids. My hubby contributes some but not as much due to his long commute at work. I feel exhausted and worn out so sometimes I wish i could either work part time or just be a stay at home mom. I am already doing the child rearing and house duties so why not eliminate my full time job to give me more time to devote to my house and kids? Unfortunately, the cost of living is too high.

I am recently divorced, I would be way more interested in a girl that works (meaning she has enough income to take care of herself). The most interesting thing about me I have this secret desire to be the one that stays at home, raise the kids, get dinner on the table ect...

Yes I am over 25 (I am in my very low 40's).

facepalm at this quote. (not at you but at general that men should be good at cooking as women)

HUH???? In my family, my Dad (good ol' Italian boy) was a FAR, far better cook than my mom, even though he was the breadwinner and she was the stay-at-home mom. God bless 'er, she was a woman of many talents, but cooking just was never one of them.

Nearly everything I learned about cooking I learned from my Dad, and he died when I was 7 1/2. So what does that tell you about poor Mom's skills...

She was great at baking Christmas cookies, though, definitely will give her that. That was her one truly great and well-acknowledged kitchen skill.

My personal theory is that as long as you can read, you can be a half-way decent cook, but there are those who don't subscribe to that theory, I know.

I think both sexes should have equal skills. You have to be able to fend for yourself. My son WILL know how to cook, as well as do everything else in order to be a self sustaining man, and eventually better partner.

When I became the main bread-winner in our family (long story behind that), I told my husband "OK, but I will NOT do everything. You will have to do the meals sometimes."

He agreed and became a decent cook, specializing in chicken curry.

Now that we are retired, we've fallen into more gender-typical roles, and I do nearly all the food preparation, but he does nearly all the grocery shopping (from my list), plus he maintains the pool and lawn and so forth, so I'm happy to call it even.

I think both sexes should have equal skills. You have to be able to fend for yourself. My son WILL know how to cook, as well as do everything else in order to be a self sustaining man, and eventually better partner.

coincidentally.... I just got this TIME magazine about "chore war"

Chore Wars - TIME
1101110808_400.jpg

not good sself sustain pretty not goood crap on :shock: sound look family!

Back