Do you sleep with your hearing aids/ci on?

bebito831

Reaction score
I never used to sleep with my hearing aids off when I was younger. After I had my first daughter (who is now 11) I started sleeping with one hearing aid on for fear she would cry and I wouldn't be able to hear her. So now 11 years later I still sleep with just one hearing aid on at night.

How about you all? Do you sleep with your HA/ CI on?

nope, I do not wear my hearing aid and especially my CI since I just get 33 hours of battery power from it. My ears needs a rest and they will perform better in the morning when I put the aids back on.

i was when i had the open fit HAs but I wont with these, my audi told me its bad for the aids because of the moisture from body heat... i wish i could though it helps with tinnitus.

I don't sleep with my hearing aid on.

I might fall asleep or take a nap with my hearing aid, but never intentionally.

I don't sleep with my CIs on unless I have an important appointment that I can't miss the following day. For some reason, vibrating alarms do not wake me, so I have to keep my CIs on in order to hear the radio alarm on my talking clock radio.

If I don't have anywhere important to go, I sleep with my CIs off and love the complete silence. :D

utter silence is for me!!! I like my sleep. If i fall asleep on the couch my CI probably be still on and i don't notice much unless i roll over to the implanted side... it is really uncomfortable!!!...

I, too, started sleeping with one HA on after my son was born and still keep this habit, though it is no longer necessary.

As for the speech processor, I always take it off for the night... Reason: first, after 24 sequential hours of wearing it its performance nearly falls to the floor; second, the magnet tends to fall off every time my head touches the pillow and the entire device seems to be rather fragile :hmm:

No, I can't sleep with CI on.... I must have absolute silence to be able to sleep.

But there has been times that I would fall asleep on the couch while watching TV/Movie with CI and I don't wake up unless there was a loud noise from the TV. Sometimes I fall asleep on the plane and the engine won't bother my hearing while I have CI on.

But about 99% of the time, I must have absolute silence to go to sleep, to be able to be in deep sleep. Or otherwise, every single noise whether it's soft or loud, it wakes me up.

All my life, I've been sleeping with no sounds so it's like its only way I'm able to sleep.... no sounds at all. :giggle:

Just wondering: wouldn't mothers be using this more than other people?

Jamie

No i don't wear my HAs when i go to sleep. i like to be a VERY silent. My kids are over 5 years old.

If they were babies, i had a baby cry signular. I still have it . I could have used them again when its necessary.

My husband would've woke me up if the baby was crying. At least that what he did when Tristan was a baby, he would shake me to wake me up, to let me know the baby is crying.

Now my kid is 3 years old, He would just come to me if he needs me, he knows I can't hear so he would poke me to wake me up. :giggle:

Now my kid is 3 years old, He would just come to me if he needs me, he knows I can't hear so he would poke me to wake me up. :giggle:

That’s what bf is doing with me whenever I fail to hear the alarm clock. I hate beeping alarm clocks so ours is set on music…. I’ve always had sleeping troubles ever since I was little, but once I’m asleep, I’m sleeping :D

Sometimes Adam even has to shake me because poking isn’t enough :roll:

Jamie

No not when sleeping. It is a good way to get fungal and bacterial infections. I take them out clean and dry and clean ears too.

I have hard molds and if I fall asleep with them in I end up with bruised ear canals and I can't wear my hearing aids for a week...so no!

For those who keep their hearing aid on to hearing their children crying in the night, could you not get a vibrating pager that vibrate when the baby/child cries?
Or would you sleep through that?

Sleeping with Hearing aid on

I don't sleep with my hearing aid on at bedtime...In the daytime like if I watch TV I would fall asleep with my hearing aid on, sometime if I'm expecting someone at the door while I'm napping I have to have my hearing aid on so I can hears someone knockin'...if a man has to inspected my home, i leave my hearing aid on so I know he's at the door if I was sleeping (napping).

I never sleep with it at bedtime, not a good ideas, your ear canal needs air!

No , never slept with HA on...

with CI I unintentionally sometimes fall asleep...but at night I always remove it..when I get to be a mother I'll shell out the money for an vib alert system..my alarm clock always wakes me up by vibration!

Back