It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSign

Reaction score
For those who seem to always be fighting with everyone?

For those that argue; for the sake of arguing, when they are arguing about something they both agree on.

For those that label people, just because they feel like it with nothing to back it up.

For those that create a divide in a community and drives people away, when we should be bringing people together.

It must be tiring.

Can we all please just behave like civilized adults? Have conversations where we don't always agree, but lay out our opinions in a clear and pragmatic way without insulting and putting others down?

We won't all agree on everything all the time, but we can allow those times to be an opportunity to have thought provoking and respectful discussions. Who knows... If some of us open our mind we just might gain insight into something we had never considered.

but you are always free to leave. no need to engage in argument with anybody. you have a choice. a thread like this can make you look like a drama queen, ya know....

but you are always free to leave. no need to engage in argument with anybody. you have a choice. a thread like this can make you look like a drama queen, ya know....

I'm not a drama queen, but if I look like it so be it.

The most important part of this post was really in the last 2 paragraphs. I'd like for us all to engage in conversation in a productive way. There is nothing wrong with not agreeing on something. It's how we deal with those agreements that effects the rest of the threads. Respect can allow for more clear lines of communication.

There you go! I suggested you start a thread that could be all about you so you could stop derailing the information threads. Here it is!:thumb:

I'm not a drama queen, but if I look like it so be it.

The most important part of this post was really in the last 2 paragraphs. I'd like for us all to engage in conversation in a productive way. There is nothing wrong with not agreeing on something. It's how we deal with those agreements that effects the rest of the threads. Respect can allow for more clear lines of communication.

if you had to reply back to defend your post, then you are basically not agreeing to disagree.

or you can simply leave and take it to PM land.

if you had to reply back to defend your post, then you are basically not agreeing to disagree.

or you can simply leave and take it to PM land.

I wasn't replying back "to defend" my post. I was trying to make a point that the real purpose behind this thread lies within the last two paragraphs. I would like to see a shift in the dynamics here. Maybe a little less direct hostility, and a little more respect and understanding of differences.

I wasn't replying back "to defend" my post. I was trying to make a point that the real purpose behind this thread lies within the last two paragraphs. I would like to see a shift in the dynamics here. Maybe a little less direct hostility, and a little more respect and understanding of differences.

we've had several threads about this in the past. I get what you're saying but it's very simple, really.... kitchen too hot? feel free to leave. they don't need to stay in kitchen and make a fuss.

All I can say is... either grow a thick skin or take it to PM land. and report the post if it's offensive to you.

When did hearing people start to decide what kind of a forum AllDeaf was supposed to be? That is something best left to the Deaf/deaf around here.
Isn't this just another case of a hearing person dictating what is proper in a Deaf environment based on their own needs? Can anyone say "Audism"?:laugh2:

When did hearing people start to decide what kind of a forum AllDeaf was supposed to be? That is something best left to the Deaf/deaf around here.
Isn't this just another case of a hearing person dictating what is proper in a Deaf environment based on their own needs? Can anyone say "Audism"?:laugh2:

We all know you can.

:bowlol:

How ironic that someone starts a thread about bickering, and then does everything in their power to keep the bickering going!:laugh2:

we've had several threads about this in the past. I get what you're saying but it's very simple, really.... kitchen too hot? feel free to leave. they don't need to stay in kitchen and make a fuss.

All I can say is... either grow a thick skin or take it to PM land. and report the post if it's offensive to you.

Re bolded statement above: that is my point. This has clearly been an ongoing problem, and it would be nice for us to work together to make a change.

In terms of the kitchen being too hot... Well, if it were too hot for me I would have left a long time ago. I'm here with a purpose, and nothing will change that.

Last edited:
Re bolded statement above: that is my point. This has clearly been an ongoing problem, and it would be nice for us to work together to make a change.

In terms of the kitchen being too hot... Well, if it were too hot for me I would have left a long time ago. I'm here with a purpose, and nothing will change that.

You seem to be the one thinking it needs to change. The Deaf don't. If they did, it would have changed a long time ago. This is a Deaf forum. See the problem?

eck..... you just shot yourself in the foot ...

You have a point Jiro. I did not use enough restraint in that moment, although I have been practicing restraint the last number of days here.

It was just the same old comment that always seems to weasel it's way into the threads.

This thread had nothing to do with Audism. Why someone brought it up is beyond me. You all know my reference was not in regards to anyones "speech abilities."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back