Should Big Bird be Killed OFF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it that yellow thing on seseme street then, kill pluck stuff eat wretched thing

Rembering the big Yellow Big Bird I gave a friend's little girl for Xmas one year....she didn't really care about it that much....

Needless to say....it's sad we do have to cut some of these programs...but we've got starving people and sky rocketing unemployment.

Rembering the big Yellow Big Bird I gave a friend's little girl for Xmas one year....she didn't really care about it that much....

Needless to say....it's sad we do have to cut some of these programs...but we've got starving people and sky rocketing unemployment.

that would not be advisable. cutting it off would be disastrous for America.

by cutting off educational programs, you're basically increasing the cost of welfare and incarceration.

PBS makes up an incredibly small part of the Government's budget, and only gets about 15% of its funding from the government. It most likely will be able to stick around. I think it's mostly the stations (news or otherwise) that receive a good chunk of their budget from the government that are in danger of being cut.

As it is, I hate to see educational shows like Sesame Street being considered for the chopping block rather than other expenses.

There are better shows than Sesame Street... It use to be really good now all we have on that show is Elmo who can't even speak correctly and talks about himself in the 3rd person...and they wonder why our youth is so uneducated. :hmm:

I am not saying lets get rid of PBS completely as it's mainly run off donations but lets take down some of the programming that is not working and try something new.

Poor Mitt...now they are going to say he wants to murder Big Bird. Glad to know people think an 8 year old knows more than a grown man about national money issues. Although...no, no, I won't say it...it will start a wave of trolls.

It's kind of mind boggling actually. How to reduce the deficit.......give the military like 2 billion more than they asked for......and cut PBS. That ought to make dent o_0 Im going to have to look it up elsewhere to verify but I've seen that PBS funding is like. 01% of the budget. That sounds almost like saving pocket lint to save money.

Oh wow, I can't believe that politician drove me crazy.

The politicians don't know about how to control the spending and they have lack of common sense, that turn me off. :mad:

I kinda miss how Sesame Street was when it started. Just doesn't feel as educational or centered on values as it did. And the old Electric Company. I mean Morgan Freeman as EZ Reader! I'm surprised he hasn't bought rights to all the old stuff to destroy evidence of that 'fro.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe they'd scratch that type of programming, especially for as little as it costs them. I think they should be looking at cutting their own pension plan and get on a structure more like what most Americans are on. :slap:

Oh my god that's so funny :'D
I agree with Soulchill! :/ Either way, though, Mitt Romney told a former PBS anchor that he would cut funding to PBS if elected President. "No offense," he said.

If I were Jim Lehrer, I'm not sure if I would have been laughing uproariously or crying after the debate. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama kinda walked all over him, but I could not believe how frequently Mitt kept cutting off both the President and the moderator. Didn't anyone teach him not to interrupt when his peers are talking?:nono:

Given the current state of our economy, people won't be still bitching about Big Bird when we're paying $5.00 a gallon for gas.....

Laura

Given the current state of our economy, people won't be still bitching about Big Bird when we're paying $5.00 a gallon for gas.....

Laura

We are very close to $5 per gallon here. Went up 36 cents in one day. Luckily I filled up on Wednesday.

It's kind of mind boggling actually. How to reduce the deficit.......give the military like 2 billion more than they asked for......and cut PBS. That ought to make dent o_0 Im going to have to look it up elsewhere to verify but I've seen that PBS funding is like. 01% of the budget. That sounds almost like saving pocket lint to save money.

Constitutional, the military is the responsiblity of the government. PBS and a host of other projects/programs are not. I support PBS, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, local school bands, etc. through my voluntary donations. No tax dollars should be used for these projects/programs.

There are better shows than Sesame Street... It use to be really good now all we have on that show is Elmo who can't even speak correctly and talks about himself in the 3rd person...and they wonder why our youth is so uneducated. :hmm:

I am not saying lets get rid of PBS completely as it's mainly run off donations but lets take down some of the programming that is not working and try something new.

Poor Mitt...now they are going to say he wants to murder Big Bird. Glad to know people think an 8 year old knows more than a grown man about national money issues. Although...no, no, I won't say it...it will start a wave of trolls.
Some those shows you're talking about are on cable TV and there are a lot people that can't not afford to pay for cable TV . Big Bird is the one of the few kids shows you can watch and not need to have cable TV. I love to watch public TV , I love the British comedy shows and the old black and white movies you can watch and there are no ads to deal with.

Constitutional, the military is the responsiblity of the government. PBS and a host of other projects/programs are not. I support PBS, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, local school bands, etc. through my voluntary donations. No tax dollars should be used for these projects/programs.

Our constitution doesn't mention about how much money that we should funds and the military funds are massive.

PBS is part of education and only TV stations get some funds from government to support the education.

Laura

$5 per gallon?

Not here, the gas price is around $3.50.

We are very close to $5 per gallon here. Went up 36 cents in one day. Luckily I filled up on Wednesday.

Wow, SC is lower than here, and its actually dropped the past couple of weeks about 10 cents (little more at some places) I got it for 3.65 and saw it for 3.63 in city. Even Diesel is under 4.

Some those shows you're talking about are on cable TV and there are a lot people that can't not afford to pay for cable TV . Big Bird is the one of the few kids shows you can watch and not need to have cable TV. I love to watch public TV , I love the British comedy shows and the old black and white movies you can watch and there are no ads to deal with.

I agree with you on that point...I think they just need some different child programming at this point. Like I said, people are what help keep that station open due to donations.

And I adore the English programming on there. I would be lost without it. :)

Our constitution doesn't mention about how much money that we should funds and the military funds are massive.

PBS is part of education and only TV stations get some funds from government to support the education.

Sure, I'll agree with you. While the funding of the military is massive (as much as we all wish they was none), the Constitution speaks directly that it is the governments responsibility to fund the military. However, you can not find one word in the Constitution that requires the government to fund education...that is a local and state requirement. I'll agree again that the government has taken much control over education but that action, IMO, is UN-constitutional.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back