What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just wow. I just learned there is an annual "Wastebook" thing that gets released once a year, and well, let's just say it's absurd, and leave it at that.

We have plastic bag bans here in Northridge, and they also have them in Pasadena (another place I go to frequently). It's working pretty well. Most stores carry bags for 10-15 cents each, for people who don't have reusable bags (or enough). I like it.

Sometimes it can be a pain if you don't remember to bring bags, but overall it's great.

It will be interesting to see how people will react when this ban start, I notice a lot of coastal cities are banning plastic bags b/c they end up in the ocean .

Last edited:
I just learned that I am eligible for a phone upgrade from Cricket, and that's perfect timing. Now just need to save enough to get that upgrade.

thanks for looking that up, Reba. I don't think he was well known in the states.

That is because he was from UK and may not be known to us in USA. I don't remember him years ago. I might have seen with a glimpse of him but he was not well known to us here.

But caz12 knows him because he was popular in UK and she was from UK herself. That finger knowing that they were both from UK.

Rest In Peace, Alvin Star Dust. :(

I learned that we get Christmas bonuses at my new job. WHOAAAAAAAA!

I learned some new things about Call Detail Records and how to correlate Failover Records with Partial CDR's. Not very exciting, and I'm sure I'll get asked lots of questions about it at work. Yay!

I just learned the my grandnephew's school had a mass shooting threat today! The cop got the 19 yo kid he is new in town and wanted to a do
a 'Columbine' like shooting at my grandnephew's school. :( :mad: My sister told me , I will have to watch the news and see if I can find out more. I am so glad the cops got the SOB before he killed any kids. This hit way too close to home this time.

I just learned the my grandnephew's school had a mass shooting threat today! The cop got the 19 yo kid he is new in town and wanted to a do
a 'Columbine' like shooting at my grandnephew's school. :( :mad: My sister told me , I will have to watch the news and see if I can find out more. I am so glad the cops got the SOB before he killed any kids. This hit way too close to home this time.

scary! glad the cops were able to stop the idiot and that everyone at the school are safe now.

I'm glad that they stopped them in time.

I thought Alvin stardust was internationally famous, well something I learn today he not

That Union Pacific has closed Track 1 today. Well, that slightly complicates things. :|

That Union Pacific has closed Track 1 today. Well, that slightly complicates things. :|

it do if you already on track 1 be feeling pissed off
icon8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back