Peanut Butter Allergy?

IcedTeaRulz

Reaction score
I know someone who has allergy to peanut butter, also even smell peanut butter to make her very sick and cant breath.

When we have like covered dishes, party, picnic, clubs, etc. They bring foods with peanut butter in it. Someone with peanut butter allergy happened to show up there and got a panic to see peanut butter there. She told her mother about it. Her mother demanded us to remove or take away peanut butter stuff. But they bring food with peanut butter in for nothing. I told her mother just have her daughter to stay away far from peanut butter something like that. Some people feel insulted and feel that it was rude that her mother was panic and demanded them to remove peanut butter stuff away. I told mother that her daughter is old enough to handle on her own (she is 19 1/2 years old). Plus she has allergy pen (medicine in it) to carry for emergency in case if she happen cant breath etc.

My friend said that it is her own risk.

I ask u for ur opinions what will u do if it happen in ur home area for picnic, covered dishes, party, etc.

Should we put away foods with peanut butter in it for someone's sake when we didnt expect that someone w/peanut butter allergy showed up there? Or just leave foods with peanut butter there alone?

People should be RESPECT to other's people's health! I do respect it. If I make PB cookies, then I'll make something else for kid that is allergic to PB or nuts. I would also warn and write it down on plate/bowl or whatever "PEANUT BUTTER or NUTS in it" so it can warn other people to know.

People should be RESPECT to other's people's health! I do respect it. If I make PB cookies, then I'll make something else for kid that is allergic to PB or nuts. I would also warn and write it down on plate/bowl or whatever "PEANUT BUTTER or NUTS in it" so it can warn other people to know.

Okay, and even SMELL peanut butter to make someone very sick and cant breath too then what to do?

I never heard that someone are actually allergy to the peanut butter.. I dislike the foods with any of nuts, but it's interesting to know that allergy to peanut butter existed.

When I baked the cookie then give to someone and I always said this is peanut cookie before someone eat.

I always respect people.

My interpreter's husband is allergic to hazelnuts so with any food such as cookies, truffles, or fruitcake with hazelnuts is forbidden in their house. I don't know anyone who is allergic to peanut butter however it is out there. If I was invited to someone's home and I had no clue if anyone is allergic to peanut butter, I just inform everyone what it is.

Yes, it's true the smell/fumes could trigger a deadly allergic reaction.

My 30 year old daughter is allergic to all nuts including peanut butter and she carries a emergency Epi-pen with her at all times. She had a few close shaves with death.

Peanut allergy is a very serious case and more common than you think.

Yes, it's true the smell/fumes could trigger a deadly allergic reaction.

My 30 year old daughter is allergic to all nuts including peanut butter and she carries a emergency Epi-pen with her at all times. She had a few close shaves with death.

Peanut allergy is a very serious case and more common than you think.

That's true, it's worser than allergy to pollen, trees, plants and flowers.

Wow, peanut butter/nuts is at the top of list for allergic serious.

But, about the parties and etc like that.. If someone's planning to having party and such like that, people bring peanut butter and they inivited someone who is allergic to peanut butter, that person need to know what in food if it have peanut butter and just let that person know and that person can't complain since it's their party and not that person's.

Unless if that person who allergic to peanut butter have the plan to having the party or something like that, then tell everybody to not bring peanut butter at all which is very easily.

Okay, and even SMELL peanut butter to make someone very sick and cant breath too then what to do?

I've never heard of that before. I highly doubt the validity of the 'smell' reaction to peanuts idea. I have severe reactions to all nuts and have had to go to ER many times because of it. I do also keep epi pen. I just don't know about the statement the nuts can cause airborne allergens to cause a reaction.

My MIL has severe allergies to many things and peanut butter is one of them. She can't even smell them otherwise it sets her off. We just hide them while she's around.

It's not your responsibility to find out if anyone has peanut allergies.

If a person has peanut allergies and wants to attend an event, they should inform the host about it so that the host can be better prepared. If that person shows up unexpectedly, then there's nothing you can do because you didn't know about it.

If you already know about a friend who has peanut allergies and you know that friend is coming to your party, then you know what you need to do.

This also applies to other allergies as well.

I never hear of PB allergy either. But I know about people have allergy to nuts only not a PB. I love to eat a PB. If anyone have allergy to PB then I will not make any dessert with PB.

I've never heard of that before. I highly doubt the validity of the 'smell' reaction to peanuts idea. I have severe reactions to all nuts and have had to go to ER many times because of it. I do also keep epi pen. I just don't know about the statement the nuts can cause airborne allergens to cause a reaction.

Ihave my doubts, too, hohDougRN. Seems like an exaggeration. Allergic reactions caused by food items are systemic reactions.

I've read stories of bullies who use allergies instead of physical assault and verbal assault.

They will taunt other students who suffer from peanut allergies.

Some students don't take the issue seriously, so they will wave a jar of peanut butter just to see the allergic student use the special shot. :(

my side effect will show a little warning not at all when i eat over 10 pieces nuts that cause my breath grasp a little or feel like my throat shut down a bit.. I eat some peanut butter creamy better than nuts. I eat 10 pieces less limit any nuts. That is an odd on my side effect . Only pecan,watermelon and banana will cause my ears itches when i eat them . smile

If person has an allergy by eating peanut butter so easy to avoid.

BUT person has an allergy by smelling peanut butter fume somewhere at the picnic, deaf clubs, deaf picnic, any type of party, cruise, restaurants, ball games, etc. Very hard to avoid!

P.S. I love peanut butter! Good protein!

I ate a banana never make me itch my ear. That's strange. I like PB creamy than a nuts too. I love it! I always add PB on banana. :) PB is good for FAT in brain.

my side effect will show a little warning not at all when i eat over 10 pieces nuts that cause my breath grasp a little or feel like my throat shut down a bit.. I eat some peanut butter creamy better than nuts. I eat 10 pieces less limit any nuts. That is an odd on my side effect . Only pecan,watermelon and banana will cause my ears itches when i eat them . smile

Back