Deaf piano ?

deafironchef

Reaction score
Is anyone able to play piano ? Let me know ???

I am sure there are some deaf who have played piano. I tried taking lessons for a year but quit as I wasn't too dedicated and I had a hard time telling the difference between notes while playing.

If you what to learn how to play the piano go for it ! I was taking lessons . Ludwig van Beethoven was lost his hearing and went and he kept playing the piano.

I used to take a piano lesson for 10 years when i was young by force and i quitted after my junior year in high school.

There's no reason why you can't. Piano/Organ/Harpsichord etc are mostly muscle memory instruments (you don't have the hear the pitches the play)

You can buy electronic tuners for pianos and tune your piano this way . The weather can effect a piano tune so you'll need to check the tune if you can't hear it. I did take lesson for very short time as a child but my dad stopped this fast.

http://www.dstahlpiano.net/Davestahlpianoservice.dstahl.net_files/Page441.htm

More precisely, you can buy an inexpensive chromatic tuner to monitor the tuning of an acoustic (versus electronic) piano.

The actual tuning of an acoustic piano is *not* and "at home, anyone can do it, job". You'd have to call in a professional piano tuner to tune it. (typically every 6-12 months, depending on climate)

i do play piano by self-taught, keep in mind i am not advisement, it under joytune.com. i am getting better every day.

More precisely, you can buy an inexpensive chromatic tuner to monitor the tuning of an acoustic (versus electronic) piano.

The actual tuning of an acoustic piano is *not* and "at home, anyone can do it, job". You'd have to call in a professional piano tuner to tune it. (typically every 6-12 months, depending on climate)

I knew someone that tuned his own piano , he fix everything in his house on his own .

Actually, when our kids were home one of them bought a cheap piano at the Salvation Army, and my husband got the tuning tools and a chromatic tuner and did the work himself.

We have always had more brains than money,but it wasn't that difficult.

And yes deaf, but I can play the piano. Really basic, but it is a percussive instrument and not a problem for deaf people to learn.

I knew someone that tuned his own piano , he fix everything in his house on his own .

Basic tuning can be done with a tuner - but pianos also have to be "tempered" ... which isn't something you can do with a tuner. It takes a trained ear.

Basic tuning can be done with a tuner - but pianos also have to be "tempered" ... which isn't something you can do with a tuner. It takes a trained ear.
Tuning a piano isnt just an amateur deed, there is 3 strings for each key ... not an easy task at all. I used to sit and watch the tuner for hours tune our piano and the ones at school. You have to have a good ear to listen to them,

Tuning a piano isnt just an amateur deed, there is 3 strings for each key ... not an easy task at all. I used to sit and watch the tuner for hours tune our piano and the ones at school. You have to have a good ear to listen to them,

The person I knew was a blues singer and had very a good ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUcPq0FauU video of a deaf pianist

I love to play, used to play always but last year I have not put much time on the bench.... It is possible to play and enjoy it... I do not know make or model of my organ, but it has a speaker in front of it and I rest my knee or foot on it if I do not use the peddles... I learned how to play by ear and now I have been relearning how to play otherwise...

Back