a fat girl served me lunch at McDonalds

rockin'robin

Reaction score
She said 'sorry about the wait.'

I said 'don't worry Chubby, you're bound to lose it eventually.'

it does not make sense to me. otherwise, i agree w mrs bucket. thats not cool.

OK...I'll try to "explain" the "uncool joke"....(and yeah, it's not cool to anyone overweight)....

The overweight lady at McDonalds said..."Sorry for the wait"...the guy said...(Being uncool, and switching "wait" or "weight")...said..."don't worry, Chubby!...You're bound to lose it...eventually"...
So the guy actually was annoyed about the long wait for his food, so he made the remark to the overweight lady....

Get it now?

Wirelessly posted

Not cool.

Likewise.

Sorry, Robin. No offense to you, but, jokes like this are very insensitive to those of us with weight problems. Society doesn't stop and think about the REASONS some of us are overweight. They just ASSUME that it's because we're lazy, like too many Twinkies, and on and on.

I don't think you meant to offend, but the joke .....fell short.

Sorry.

Btw, assuming ... just makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Likewise.

Sorry, Robin. No offense to you, but, jokes like this are very insensitive to those of us with weight problems. Society doesn't stop and think about the REASONS some of us are overweight. They just ASSUME that it's because we're lazy, like too many Twinkies, and on and on.

I don't think you meant to offend, but the joke .....fell short.

Sorry.

Btw, assuming ... just makes an ASS out of U and ME.

Okie, Ocean....and thks!

You could appease us by posting an anti-conservative joke for once. :lol:

OK...I'll try to "explain" the "uncool joke"....(and yeah, it's not cool to anyone overweight)....

The overweight lady at McDonalds said..."Sorry for the wait"...the guy said...(Being uncool, and switching "wait" or "weight")...said..."don't worry, Chubby!...You're bound to lose it...eventually"...
So the guy actually was annoyed about the long wait for his food, so he made the remark to the overweight lady....

Get it now?

it's not cool therefore it does not make sense to me. That was tactless badly joke.

I understood it but still.

Wirelessly posted

You have good intentions and you rock in my book.. it's just that you had to explain the joke as well. IMHO.. this shows you condone bullying fat people based on posting then explaining this joke. Societal expectations leaves little room for us to breathe and we come here in this community not to be ridiculed. HTH.

Wirelessly posted

souggy said:
Wirelessly posted

Frisky Feline said:

Weight and wait are phonetically similar.

Correct; they sound the same. It just doesn't excuse a person lack of tact.

next time i will make it clear and simple words here. again sometimes i look into too deep without thinking so simple to give vague posts.

Wirelessly posted

You have good intentions and you rock in my book.. it's just that you had to explain the joke as well. IMHO.. this shows you condone bullying fat people based on posting then explaining this joke. Societal expectations leaves little room for us to breathe and we come here in this community not to be ridiculed. HTH.

That's right, Ms Bucket...this joke was told by a hearie, but not specifically said to a deafie....but it's good to know that some deafies got the underlying meaning....it happens in real life. Some will say.."what did that person mean when they said that"??

Yes, it's uncool...and no worries. I'm a little overweight myself, and if it was said to me specifically, the hamburgers probably would have wound up his azz.

But seriously, my apologies to everyone about this "wait"/"weight" joke....Seems I'm always sticking my foot in my mouth.

That's right, Ms Bucket...this joke was told by a hearie, but not specifically said to a deafie....but it's good to know that some deafies got the underlying meaning....it happens in real life. Some will say.."what did that person mean when they said that"??

Yes, it's uncool...and no worries. I'm a little overweight myself, and if it was said to me specifically, the hamburgers probably would have wound up his azz.

But seriously, my apologies to everyone about this "wait"/"weight" joke....Seems I'm always sticking my foot in my mouth.

Don't worry. Everyone knows I am fat too, and I know you didn't mean any harm. :hug:

Wirelessly posted

Mrs Bucket said:
Wirelessly posted

souggy said:
Wirelessly posted

Frisky Feline said:

Only reason why I didn't say anything is because I made a snide remark like that when a person who was on the heavy side made a remark about someone who was morbidly obese. Why make such a rude comment when it's obvious you're [general "you"] isn't a role model either?

I don't engage in fat jokes often, but when the pot is calling the kettle black... these sarcastic remarks slip out.

So to condemn the joke would be condemning my way of pointing out of people's double standards.

Wirelessly posted

souggy said:
Wirelessly posted

Mrs Bucket said:
Wirelessly posted

souggy said:
Wirelessly posted

Frisky Feline said:

Only reason why I didn't say anything is because I made a snide remark like that when a person who was on the heavy side made a remark about someone who was morbidly obese. Why make such a rude comment when it's obvious you're [general "you"] isn't a role model either?

I don't engage in fat jokes often, but when the pot is calling the kettle black... these sarcastic remarks slip out.

So to condemn the joke would be condemning my way of pointing out of people's double standards.

I will call out a person if I feel he/she is inappropiate. When someone calls me out I appreciate it and keep it in mind not to repeat the mistake. When I call out the person, I always have in mind that we all are humans and prone to err in judgment.

Wirelessly posted

I will share something with you all. Normally this joke would not bother me. I have a "TNT" anger response.. when one thing bothers me I let it add up and add up. Take a pop bottle and shake it. You open it and it overflows ... that's me. Bad bad way to be on this board when I'm feeling like this. My sincere apologies Robin, sorry and next time I will take the time to read and re-read.

Back