Tiny home

sonocativo

Reaction score
I think Im going to go for it. Have a good 5+ acres to live off of, buy a shack and insulate it and partition it into a home ( also have it set on a foundation so I have an actual basement. so, slowly get off the grid within a few years living off the land, a well for water like my uncle used to live (loved the taste of fresh well water )

http://derksenbuildings.com/buildings/treated-deluxe-lofted-barn-cabin

I can have it custom built to my specs. (actually a little larger as well)
the small one is 16x32 but I will go larger for the room to be comfortable.
I checked out the smaller one at the lot and is very nice and roomy, well made as well. I will have taller walls so it will fit standard full sized doors and have plenty of room to move around. My cost would be around $10K for the home prefabbed and delivered/setup or built on site.
Just buying land, utility hook ups and a foundation would be my larger costs. digging deep into this to see if it will work. weighing pros and cons of just buying a house, land/modular or doing the tiny home thing here... which actually its not a real tiny home and an actual house from a modified shed. I can make it last forever just adding insulated vinyl siding to the exterior so its practically maintenance free on the exterior.
These sheds are hot items as hunters buy them for their actuall hunting cabins. we shall see.

I am so jealous ! I been telling my daughter every time I see a house like that , there is my house ! I love it and think it' s great idea .

Here are some interior pictures
with taller walls (8') and a taller roof (6') then there will be plenty of room, I thought to have one modified into a double wide or double height (2 story) but undecided on that yet. But these are very sturdy and sound buildings. I could build it cheaper but I dont feel like doing it. Id rather have it built and delivered as its cheap enough.
Just insulating and finishing the interior will be enough work, installing a bath and kitchen...

Attachments

• 62015 016.jpg
    62015 016.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 62015 022.jpg
    62015 022.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 62015 021.jpg
    62015 021.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 16
  • 62015 017.jpg
    62015 017.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 62015 018.jpg
    62015 018.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 62015 020.jpg
    62015 020.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 15
I think Im going to go for it. Have a good 5+ acres to live off of, buy a shack and insulate it and partition it into a home ( also have it set on a foundation so I have an actual basement. so, slowly get off the grid within a few years living off the land, a well for water like my uncle used to live (loved the taste of fresh well water )

http://derksenbuildings.com/buildings/treated-deluxe-lofted-barn-cabin

I can have it custom built to my specs. (actually a little larger as well)
the small one is 16x32 but I will go larger for the room to be comfortable.
I checked out the smaller one at the lot and is very nice and roomy, well made as well. I will have taller walls so it will fit standard full sized doors and have plenty of room to move around. My cost would be around $10K for the home prefabbed and delivered/setup or built on site.
Just buying land, utility hook ups and a foundation would be my larger costs. digging deep into this to see if it will work. weighing pros and cons of just buying a house, land/modular or doing the tiny home thing here... which actually its not a real tiny home and an actual house from a modified shed. I can make it last forever just adding insulated vinyl siding to the exterior so its practically maintenance free on the exterior.
These sheds are hot items as hunters buy them for their actuall hunting cabins. we shall see.

Ooh, I love it, I want one too.

People dont realize, you get some deep cycle batteries, solar panels and run 12v LED lighting which doesnt drain the batteries, run a converter to operate a HE fridge and other appliances. Pellet stove for heat and a back up source... get used to it and eventually go full solar, well water and so...
Id rather stay connected to public sewage but if the least a septic.
Growing a large scale garden and canning for the winter months ( unless Im close to a store) Jerky for snacking and living off the land... gonna be hard finding a woman who's 100% hick or close to it...lol

People dont realize, you get some deep cycle batteries, solar panels and run 12v LED lighting which doesnt drain the batteries, run a converter to operate a HE fridge and other appliances. Pellet stove for heat and a back up source... get used to it and eventually go full solar, well water and so...
Id rather stay connected to public sewage but if the least a septic.
Growing a large scale garden and canning for the winter months ( unless Im close to a store) Jerky for snacking and living off the land... gonna be hard finding a woman who's 100% hick or close to it...lol

Yeah, good luck with finding the woman. :lol: Hope she doesn't have a passel of kids, you'd have to have a bunch of those buildings.

looks good,reminds me of homes they build in Finland

Ooh, I love it, I want one too.

We could start our tiny house community , this is getting to be the in thing today . I seen on TV people building tiny houses b/c they're cheaper and it cost a lot less to live in.

tiny-house-sanoma-county-1.jpg
I would love a house like this .

I love this tiny house
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOG3IlkA-uI[/ame]

I love the idea of a tiny home! I think it's fabulous, and, if you don't need a bigger space, why have it? That just means there's more to clean. Who wants that? Not me.

I think the size of your new house is perfect. I live in an affluent community. My hubby makes a very good salary, but we're still considered "lower-middle" income. (Most people in our community *need* two incomes to survive, go on their 2-5 overseas vacations a year, etc. I'm a cheapskate and buy everything second-hand. We don't really vacation, and we're fine with that. I chose to give up my career to raise my children and don't regret it at all.) We have everything we need in our 1100 square-foot house, which is considered very, VERY tiny in my neck of the woods. Yet, sometimes even my house seems too big!!!! Most of my friends' houses are in the 2,000+ square foot range, often closer to 2,500 or 3,000. Sure, they're spacious and palatial, but seriously?!?!?! I'd rather play with my kids, do something outside, read a good book, or hang out with my hubby than clean all. that. space. Ugh.

I love the idea of a tiny home! I think it's fabulous, and, if you don't need a bigger space, why have it? That just means there's more to clean. Who wants that? Not me.

I think the size of your new house is perfect. I live in an affluent community. My hubby makes a very good salary, but we're still considered "lower-middle" income. (Most people in our community *need* two incomes to survive, go on their 2-5 overseas vacations a year, etc. I'm a cheapskate and buy everything second-hand. We don't really vacation, and we're fine with that. I chose to give up my career to raise my children and don't regret it at all.) We have everything we need in our 1100 square-foot house, which is considered very, VERY tiny in my neck of the woods. Yet, sometimes even my house seems too big!!!! Most of my friends' houses are in the 2,000+ square foot range, often closer to 2,500 or 3,000. Sure, they're spacious and palatial, but seriously?!?!?! I'd rather play with my kids, do something outside, read a good book, or hang out with my hubby than clean all. that. space. Ugh.

Part of why they need the two incomes may be to hire someone to help clean!

We could start our tiny house community , this is getting to be the in thing today . I seen on TV people building tiny houses b/c they're cheaper and it cost a lot less to live in.

tiny-house-sanoma-county-1.jpg
I would love a house like this .

Oooh, that one is adorable!! :lol:

LED attract insects by the billions sonocotivo.....
Be warned....
The bugs love LEDs...
they get mesmerized by them....and wilL NOT stop until they get you.......
Be warned. LEDs drive them crazy.....

They have a cool show on HGTV about tiny houses. Sono, you should watch if you have access to that channel - gives you ideas about how to make the most out of a tiny house.

They have a cool show on HGTV about tiny houses. Sono, you should watch if you have access to that channel - gives you ideas about how to make the most out of a tiny house.
I have, some are too small ( like the ones built on trailers to be mobile ) Im going a little larger scale but same concept except I will only be mobile by having it hauled.... which I dont plan to do as I will buy the land, cheap taxes, no mortgage so for example...
one time costs of buying and situating a home on a plot of land.
free well water
free sewage if I go septic or small fee for public sewage hook up and useage.
small electric bill untill im off the grid with full solar.
garden and wildlife provide food but still buying groeceries on a lesser scale.
yearly taxes would be maximum $500 on 10 acres here.

so I would be ahead on everything unless I just opt to buy all my food as usual. which still doesnt cost me much anyways. All I want is a nice 4x4 to get through the harsh winters and mud if needed for firewood and whatever. Just live comfortably !

Back