Nationwide legalisation of gay marriage

Jezie

Reaction score
WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 on Friday that it is legal for all Americans, no matter their gender or sexual orientation, to marry the people they love.

The decision is a historic victory for gay rights activists who have fought for years in the lower courts. Thirty-seven states and the District of Columbia already recognize marriage equality. The remaining 13 states ban these unions, even as public support has reached record levels nationwide.

The justices found that, under the 14th Amendment, states must issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples and recognize same-sex unions that have been legally performed in other states. Justice Anthony Kennedy delivered the majority opinion and was joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor. In a rare move, the four dissenting justices each wrote an opinion

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7470036?ir=Parents&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037

Why do liberals talk about love & then tell someone to douse themselves in gasoline? Seen on the comments.

A comment: Next Step... Animal-Human Marriage
B comment: Step 1: Douse yourself in gasoline. Step 2: Light a match. Have fun! smile emoticon

So, what happen to parents and kids?

Son: Dad?
Dad: Yes, my son?
Son: I have confess... I'm gay and I'm getting marry soon.
Dad: Oh, my son. Thank you for being honest with me. Unfortunately, I don't approve it. I still love you very much.
Son: Oh dad... I hate you. *run away*

That's great news for all same sex couples. :D

Toobad to everyone who oppose to same sex marriage.

I hope there is not going to be a terrorist attack on America in the near future because many countries are against this.

I hope there is not going to be a terrorist attack on America in the near future because many countries are against this.

I honestly do not see what the issue is...I am glad this finally went through....

keep-calm-straight-people-can-support-gay-rights-too-1.png

I hope not either but considering many other countries (including Canada 10 years ago) have already legalized gay marriage; quite a few other countries still have not (or even dropped laws against homosexuality). Those non-gay marriage countries have not attacked any of the pro gay marriage countries.
(I know that's an odd looking sentence... haven't slept yet...)

Of course I'm not naive (as somebody thinks I am...) to think that America will never be under threat of terrorism... that will always be a threat here and in other parts of the world. Those who are against it will of course scream about it or blast us in the media but don't think they'd have the guts to attack a country over gay marriage policy.

Oh.. interesting how many Americans are now saying they're going to move to Canada now (or Mexico) because of this ruling. Only one problem... it's already legal in Canada and Mexico!

DD are you kidding people moving to Canada because gay marriage

I forgot that Canada and Mexico had already legalize the gay marriages! Thanks for reminding me!

I hope not either but considering many other countries (including Canada 10 years ago) have already legalized gay marriage; quite a few other countries still have not (or even dropped laws against homosexuality). Those non-gay marriage countries have not attacked any of the pro gay marriage countries.
(I know that's an odd looking sentence... haven't slept yet...)

Of course I'm not naive (as somebody thinks I am...) to think that America will never be under threat of terrorism... that will always be a threat here and in other parts of the world. Those who are against it will of course scream about it or blast us in the media but don't think they'd have the guts to attack a country over gay marriage policy.

Oh.. interesting how many Americans are now saying they're going to move to Canada now (or Mexico) because of this ruling. Only one problem... it's already legal in Canada and Mexico!

but can you force a Rev OR PRIEST to perform it

You don't need a Reverend or a Priest to get married. Marriage in the eyes of the church and the eyes of the law are two different things. But I'm sure there will be no shortage of people who are willing. :D

Not in the USA.

You don't need a Reverend or a Priest to get married. Marriage in the eyes of the church and the eyes of the law are two different things. But I'm sure there will be no shortage of people who are willing. :D

I bet they are gonna try to force them. Look at the bakery stores that has been sued.

Back