Doomsday Church: Still Open For Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess someone missed some of the cartoons about the Muslims and their beliefs that have been going around for several years.
Is there a post in this thread mocking Mohammad? If there is, then you're right, somehow I missed it.

Is there a post in this thread mocking Mohammad? If there is, then you're right, somehow I missed it.

Did someone claim there was a post in this thread mocking Mohammad?:dunno2:

Did someone claim there was a post in this thread mocking Mohammad?:dunno2:
Well, this is the thread in which we are posting, and the post that I referred to is in this thread.

And? Other threads are irrelevant to what's posted in this thread.

I don't think anyone mentioned other threads, either. I am going under the assumption that most people read things and access information in places other than AD.:dunno2: Maybe they don't.

I don't think anyone mentioned other threads, either. I am going under the assumption that most people read things and access information in places other than AD.:dunno2: Maybe they don't.
I don't know why that would be necessary when I was referring to one specific post. I can't comment on one post without researching the entire web first?

I don't know why that would be necessary when I was referring to one specific post. I can't comment on one post without researching the entire web first?

Just saying that there are plenty of anti-Muslim cartoons and characitures out there, and as far as I know, none of their authors have been assassinated by hit squads of angry Muslims operating off a death list.

You referrred to Muslims putting people on death lists for making fun of Mohammad. I assumed you weren't talking about St. Saphire specifically, since he didn't mention Muslims or Mohammad.

Just saying that there are plenty of anti-Muslim cartoons and characitures out there, and as far as I know, none of their authors have been assassinated by hit squads of angry Muslims operating off a death list.
I guess you don't follow all the news.

You referrred to Muslims putting people on death lists for making fun of Mohammad. I assumed you weren't talking about St. Saphire specifically, since he didn't mention Muslims or Mohammad.
I said "if you did such things to Muslims." "IF."

I guess you don't follow all the news.

I said "if you did such things to Muslims." "IF."

And it has been done, and no one was put on a death list. Not for posting a cartoon in the media.

What?Fanatical Christians don't make death lists? Why Muslims? What about Santa Ria? Or maybe one of the non-Christian African religions?

And it has been done, and no one was put on a death list. Not for posting a cartoon in the media.
Again, you haven't followed all the news.

"The Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy began after 12 editorial cartoons, most of which depicted the Islamic prophet Muhammad, were published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten on 30 September 2005. . .

This led to Islamic protests across the Muslim world, some of which escalated into violence with instances of firing on crowds of protestors (resulting in a total of more than 100 reported deaths),[1] including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and burning the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, French and German flags in Gaza City...."
Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy | Ask.com Encyclopedia

"Muhammad cartoonist faced ‘certain death

Posted on 25 January 2011

A Danish cartoonist who controversially caricatured the Muslim Prophet Muhammad has told a court in Aarhus how a man who broke into his house tried to kill him with an axe. Somali defendant Mohamed Geele, 29, however, claims he only wanted to frighten Kurt Westergaard, 75.

The cartoonist drew one of 12 pictures of the holy Muslim profit which were published by Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten in 2005, prompting widespread anger across the Muslim world. At first, Mr Westergaard was forced to go into hiding but eventually opted to live openly in a heavily fortified house.

Read more: http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2011/01/25/muhammad-cartoonist-faced-certain-death/#ixzz1N0b43S7n"

"Danish Police Say Muhammad-Cartoons Death Plot Foiled (Update2)
By Tasneem Brogger and Christian Wienberg - February 12, 2008 07:46 EST

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Danish police arrested three suspects in an alleged plot to murder one of a dozen cartoonists whose caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in 2005 sparked riots in Muslim communities around the world.

Denmark's Security and Intelligence Service, PET, detained two Tunisians and a 40-year old Danish citizen with a Moroccan background at 4:30 a.m. local time today in Aarhus, where Jyllands-Posten, the newspaper that commissioned the cartoons, is based.

``The purpose of the clampdown was to prevent a terror- related homicide,'' PET chief Jakob Scharf said in an e-mailed statement. ``The clampdown occurred after a long period of surveillance.''

The detainees are suspected of planning to kill Kurt Westergaard, who in September 2005 provided the newspaper with a cartoon of Muhammad wearing a bomb in his turban. Protests prompted by publication of the cartoons included consumer boycotts of Danish goods and the torching of Danish embassies.

``I fear for my life, when the police tell me there are certain people who are working with concrete plans to kill me,'' Jyllands-Posten cited Westergaard as saying today. ``I think the aftermath of this insane reaction will last as long as I live. It's sad, but those are the terms under which I now live...'' "
Danish Police Say Muhammad-Cartoons Death Plot Foiled (Update2) - Bloomberg

"A popular comic strip that poked fun at the Rev. Jerry Falwell without incident one week ago was deemed too controversial to run over the weekend because this time it took a humorous swipe at Muslim fundamentalists...

the strips were shown to Muslim staffers at The Washington Post to gauge their reaction, and they responded "emotionally" to the depiction of a woman dressed in traditional Muslim garb and espousing conservative Islamic views.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294779,00.html#ixzz1N0diQfWs"

What?Fanatical Christians don't make death lists?
I wouldn't know about fanatical Christians. I haven't seen any death lists in the news where fanatical Christians wanted death for people who publish images mocking Christianity. Have you?

Yes, they were. Read the news.

What?Fanatical Christians don't make death lists?
I haven't seen any threats or riots resulting from cartoons that mock Christianity. Have you?

Why Muslims?
Read their statements. They'll explain.

What about Santa Ria? Or maybe one of the non-Christian African religions?
What about them?

Again, you haven't followed all the news.

"The Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy began after 12 editorial cartoons, most of which depicted the Islamic prophet Muhammad, were published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten on 30 September 2005. . .

This led to Islamic protests across the Muslim world, some of which escalated into violence with instances of firing on crowds of protestors (resulting in a total of more than 100 reported deaths),[1] including setting fire to the Danish Embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran, storming European buildings, and burning the Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, French and German flags in Gaza City...."
Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy | Ask.com Encyclopedia

"Muhammad cartoonist faced ‘certain death

Posted on 25 January 2011

A Danish cartoonist who controversially caricatured the Muslim Prophet Muhammad has told a court in Aarhus how a man who broke into his house tried to kill him with an axe. Somali defendant Mohamed Geele, 29, however, claims he only wanted to frighten Kurt Westergaard, 75.

The cartoonist drew one of 12 pictures of the holy Muslim profit which were published by Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten in 2005, prompting widespread anger across the Muslim world. At first, Mr Westergaard was forced to go into hiding but eventually opted to live openly in a heavily fortified house.

Read more: http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2011/01/25/muhammad-cartoonist-faced-certain-death/#ixzz1N0b43S7n"

"Danish Police Say Muhammad-Cartoons Death Plot Foiled (Update2)
By Tasneem Brogger and Christian Wienberg - February 12, 2008 07:46 EST

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Danish police arrested three suspects in an alleged plot to murder one of a dozen cartoonists whose caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in 2005 sparked riots in Muslim communities around the world.

Denmark's Security and Intelligence Service, PET, detained two Tunisians and a 40-year old Danish citizen with a Moroccan background at 4:30 a.m. local time today in Aarhus, where Jyllands-Posten, the newspaper that commissioned the cartoons, is based.

``The purpose of the clampdown was to prevent a terror- related homicide,'' PET chief Jakob Scharf said in an e-mailed statement. ``The clampdown occurred after a long period of surveillance.''

The detainees are suspected of planning to kill Kurt Westergaard, who in September 2005 provided the newspaper with a cartoon of Muhammad wearing a bomb in his turban. Protests prompted by publication of the cartoons included consumer boycotts of Danish goods and the torching of Danish embassies.

``I fear for my life, when the police tell me there are certain people who are working with concrete plans to kill me,'' Jyllands-Posten cited Westergaard as saying today. ``I think the aftermath of this insane reaction will last as long as I live. It's sad, but those are the terms under which I now live...'' "
Danish Police Say Muhammad-Cartoons Death Plot Foiled (Update2) - Bloomberg

"A popular comic strip that poked fun at the Rev. Jerry Falwell without incident one week ago was deemed too controversial to run over the weekend because this time it took a humorous swipe at Muslim fundamentalists...

the strips were shown to Muslim staffers at The Washington Post to gauge their reaction, and they responded "emotionally" to the depiction of a woman dressed in traditional Muslim garb and espousing conservative Islamic views.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294779,00.html#ixzz1N0diQfWs"

I wouldn't know about fanatical Christians. I haven't seen any death lists in the news where fanatical Christians wanted death for people who publish images mocking Christianity. Have you?

Wow, you had to go half way across the globe to find that one!:giggle:

I've seen death lists in the news made by Fanatical Christians that believed certain people needed to die for violating their idea of what God does and does not want, yes.

Wow, you had to go half way across the globe to find that one!:giggle:
It was in all the news since the day it happened. You don't remember?

I didn't realize that you were only concerned with what happened in the USA.

In that case, that would be the Opus cartoon.

And the brouhaha about the Comedy Central cartoon.

I've seen death lists in the news made by Fanatical Christians that believed certain people needed to die for violating their idea of what God does and does not want, yes.
Really? Where? Were they about cartoons that were published? (That is what we were discussing, after all.)

It was in all the news since the day it happened. You don't remember?

I didn't realize that you were only concerned with what happened in the USA.

In that case, that would be the Opus cartoon.

And the brouhaha about the Comedy Central cartoon.

Really? Where? Were they about cartoons that were published? (That is what we were discussing, after all.)

No, we were discussing death threats being made because someone believes that another is violating their religious principles. That is what the cartoon does.

Check out some of the lists of abortion clinics and doctors who were listed and targeted by fanatical Christian groups.

No, we were discussing death threats being made because someone believes that another is violating their religious principles. That is what the cartoon does.

Check out some of the lists of abortion clinics and doctors who were listed and targeted by fanatical Christian groups.
You're comparing cartoons to abortion clinics?

Just for the record, I'm totally against using violence against either cartoonists or abortionists.

However, in this thread, my post was very specific about cartoons in one post that mocked Christians.

I'm finished feeding the troll.

You're comparing cartoons to abortion clinics?

Just for the record, I'm totally against using violence against either cartoonists or abortionists.

However, in this thread, my post was very specific about cartoons in one post that mocked Christians.

I'm finished feeding the troll.

No, I'm not comparing cartoons to abortion clinics. I am comparing fanatical Christian hit lists to fanatical Muslim hit lists based on the fact that they believe their religious sensibilities have been insulted. After all, it is not about the cartoon. It is about insulting the religious sensibilities of the person finding insult in the cartoon...or insult in a doctor performing legal abortions. The reaction to the insult is the issue, not the mode of the insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back