Hey, dropping my information

pretty sure there is too, but i meant with them so....

These people have not offered to practice with you. The ASL student's thread is there so hopefully people won't clutter up other people's threads with these types of posts.

I do want to apologize for the assumptions before. I miss out on a lot of conventions of respect.
I'm really happy to know that mainstream people have the same issues as people with disabilities.

No, what I meant is that the social emotional issues are NOT just a "Charge Syndrome" sort of thing. They're not exclusive to Charge. Many mainstreamed and oral kids ALSO deal with social emotional issues.

No, what I meant is that the social emotional issues are NOT just a "Charge Syndrome" sort of thing. They're not exclusive to Charge. Many mainstreamed and oral kids ALSO deal with social emotional issues.

I misinterpreted. I've never met another person who had the same diagnosis. Getting labelled with a rare syndrome makes you feel like all problems can be linked to that syndrome. It's quite isolating.

These people have not offered to practice with you. The ASL student's thread is there so hopefully people won't clutter up other people's threads with these types of posts.

Um sorry post police... but i didn't see where they said they would or they wouldn't. *honestly I can't understand why some people are rude to other who just want to learn, I'm new to this site and you expect me to be an expert and know what and where I'm suppose to post... I thought it was a site where you could meet new people and practice with them or just talk.

Um sorry post police... but i didn't see where they said they would or they wouldn't. *honestly I can't understand why some people are rude to other who just want to learn, I'm new to this site and you expect me to be an expert and know what and where I'm suppose to post... I thought it was a site where you could meet new people and practice with them or just talk.

Well, hopefully now you see the error of your ways. :wave:

Cylly, yes you're new to posting, but it's just like having a conversation in real time. If we were talking about Charge syndrome in real life, you wouldn't jump in and go " Oh I'll pratice sign language with you!" Make sense now? If you want to meet new people and practice with them, start a new thread, so it doesn't get lost in a completely unrelated thread."

I misinterpreted. I've never met another person who had the same diagnosis. Getting labelled with a rare syndrome makes you feel like all problems can be linked to that syndrome. It's quite isolating.

Oh so you were solotaire (only dhh kid in the entire school?) Oh trust me....I've been there and I've done that. I thought I was the ONLY HOH kid with social emotional issues....it is so freaking common.

And remind me to kill the person who decided it would be an AWESOME idea for dhh or other low incidence kids to be isolated in the mainstream.

you guys are childish... reasons like this turn people away from wanting to learn a language, luckily I find it more interesting to learn instead of deal with people like you

I hate to break it to you oh silly one, but you're the only one being rude and acting childish. Not quite the way to endear people to you.
:wave:

I hate to break it to you oh silly one, but you're the only one being rude and acting childish. Not quite the way to endear people to you.
:wave:

Well if you guys treat people like this then you're obviously not someone I want to endear. There are easier ways to correct someone's mistake without coming off as arrogant, but it's easier for you guys to hide behind the space of the internet so you can continue being rude all you want.:ty:

Well if you guys treat people like this then you're obviously not someone I want to endear. There are easier ways to correct someone's mistake without coming off as arrogant, but it's easier for you guys to hide behind the space of the internet so you can continue being rude all you want.:ty:

I didn't see anyone write anything rude... Also, I said "I'm pretty sure there is a thread for that" which was quite innocuous. If you think that's rude, you need to develop thicker skin.

I didn't see anyone write anything rude... Also, I said "I'm pretty sure there is a thread for that" which was quite innocuous. If you think that's rude, you need to develop thicker skin.

I agree that wasn't rude. Proceeding from that was..

I agree that wasn't rude. Proceeding from that was..
No, you're interpreting it as rude. I tried to explain to you that it was strange...this wasn't even a thread discussing getting togehter and signing.
What would be MORE effective is starting your OWN thread, instead of jumping in with a non sequtiery post saying " OMG ASL is teh COOL! I'll sign with you!!!"

No, you're interpreting it as rude. I tried to explain to you that it was strange...this wasn't even a thread discussing getting togehter and signing.
What would be MORE effective is starting your OWN thread, instead of jumping in with a non sequtiery post saying " OMG ASL is teh COOL! I'll sign with you!!!"

No, there are more polite ways to let people know. Like what they tried after they were rude. *Rude = MORE effective, OWN thread etc.*===Rude. ta da

No, there are more polite ways to let people know. Like what they tried after they were rude. *Rude = MORE effective, OWN thread etc.*===Rude. ta da

Oh for crying out loud....we weren't going " you suck and go post somewhere else!"
I also do not even understand what you're even trying to say with that statement.....it doesn't even make any sense!

Hi Adam. I just want to say I hope you write more and read a lot here because the people here are great and understand so many situations like yours. :hug:

Hi Adam. I just want to say I hope you write more and read a lot here because the people here are great and understand so many situations like yours. :hug:

Thanks. I hope to be here a lot more. It's almost easier communicating with others on forums.

Back