Nextalk TTY Software?

TheXandieBoy

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to download TTY software from Nextalk -- while I don't have TTY machine. I used that software but it's been awhile that I haven't use and now I would like to use them again but I noticed that they don't provide it anymore for free.

Is there any TTY software I can use to call as TTY?

Hi,

I tried to download TTY software from Nextalk -- while I don't have TTY machine. I used that software but it's been awhile that I haven't use and now I would like to use them again but I noticed that they don't provide it anymore for free.

Is there any TTY software I can use to call as TTY?

Xandie,

The old NexTalk program was actually offered by a company called UR Relay, It is unclear whether they are still in business or not.

The ACCESS platform from NexTalk (the company) was designed specifically for the Deaf and hard of hearing. We have communication servers (video and text) in both the US and Canada, which allows ACCESS users to communicate with pretty much anyone. It includes 9 communication options and is completely network based, so you don't need an analog land line.

This is not a free program. NexTalk is not funded by the FCC like the Relay companies are. We have to charge a small monthly subscription fee to cover the cost of the telephone line and number associated with the account. The monthly fee we charge is actually less than if you called your local telephone company and asked them for a line for your TTY phone.

I have a TTY but its been a long time since I used one.

Up until last year, I was quite happy with TRS in my AIM - which is what I used in addition to free IM for chatting.

Gary Tanner is right, its never going to be free again and the price is lower than what your telecom would charge for a voice phone line plus your TTY you're never gonna use.

I told him I don't like the contract part of it; I'd rather be free to decide if I want to stay with it but when I read his other thread here about new features and benefits are forthcoming, its made me reconsider my objection.

Too bad he didn't mention that in his e-mail reply to me, I would have been much more mollified when I signed up for it last month.

Norman,

I realize that the 12 month subscription is something that some people will find annoying, But NexTalk uses a telecom company to get the dedicated phone number which is assigned to the ACCESS subscriber. When we get that number, we are committed to it for 12 months, which is why we ask our subscribers to commit to 12 months. after that initial 12 months, we (NexTalk) can go month by month for that number, which means the ACCESS subscriber can do the same.

Additionally, please remember that this software can be installed on multiple computers. We do not limit the subscriber to a single install. I personally have the software installed on my work computer, home computer, home laptop and windows tablet. You can only be logged into one of them at a time, but you can install the software on as many computers as you like.

Thanks

Gary

Since 2 years I am still using NexTalk ACCESS Home Edition and $0.95 per month or $9.95 per year - I do not worry about the TTY/TDD machines anymore. I love NexTalk ACCESS software/application.

If you are curious about those products..
You check them out.

Enjoy TTYing!

Vivo,

Thanks for the kind words. We are very excited to launch the next version of ACCESS on December 1st (screen shots attached). Also, watch for our new feature called SpeechPath. It is a speech-to-text voice engine that will be available on the ACCESS platform. The accuracy rate on first use is better than 90%. It will allow you to do VCO calls with out a relay operator.

Attachments

• Home Page Mockup.png
    Home Page Mockup.png
    46 KB · Views: 7
  • Interpreting Page Mockup.png
    Interpreting Page Mockup.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Relay Page Mockup.png
    Relay Page Mockup.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Direct Call Page mockup.png
    Direct Call Page mockup.png
    44 KB · Views: 5
Xandie, there is another way if you have iPhone with iOS 10 or better and want Software TTY on it. Apple added Software TTY built-in on iPhone when they released iOS10 for Deaf and Hard of Hearing users. This is available to you if your carrier supports it. If you see
iphone6-ios9-tty-on-icon.png
in the status bar, it means that TTY is on. Choose Settings > General > Accessibility > TTY to turn TTY on or off. Of course, it does count the voice minutes and is not free. What amazing this was that when I reach TTY numbers calls seem faster and available to talk compared call voice number through VP via VRS and wait in the long queue on hold line between few minutes and an hour.

Gary, I don't mind try NexTalk ACCESS and I wonder if this support MacOS. The monthly fee is reasonable and affordable!

Thanks

James

James,

Today we offer ACCESS for windows (desktops, laptops and tablets). We will release iOs and Android mobile versions next. If you use a windows emulator program on your mac, you could use ACCESS. That is how we do it here in our office. Many of us prefer Mac and use VM ware for windows programs such as ACCESS.

Its 2020, does Access work for macs now? If not, what do you advise I download on my friend's mac laptop to be able to use Access?

I just ordered and followed the email.... their server is broken and I cant create account. I am looking for any ip relay than sprintip. I really hate VRS and VP services.

I am not happy!!!!!!! I guess no one is working there. useless for me.

they are WORST COMPANY..... DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM. I will have my bank stop payments for them. they better cancel when I ask first. their support sucked!!!!

btw hi Xandie, I know you from facebook.... how is their services for you?

many years ago, I used to use a software tty that needed a dail-up modem hooked to my computer and it worked. I wish there are some ways right now since I am on cable connection and my dail-up modeom is lost or gone.

I will be reporting this company to my old boss :) you fucked up big time!!!!! this company will be gone....

Back