My Activation

Thought Id throw in my package, and thats not even all of it as some items are back ordered. I will end up with 6 rechargables, 2 disposables and TV Streamer which arent pictured... When I get the next implant, I will order all the wireless stuff.

Does everyone get that or do have to order what you want ?

Does everyone get that or do have to order what you want ?
You order what you want from a list, the list tells you how many to pick in each catagory, but you can exchange some items for different items, I sent back the aqua gear to get more rechargable batteries as they are $200+ each

You order what you want from a list, the list tells you how many to pick in each catagory, but you can exchange some items for different items, I sent back the aqua gear to get more rechargable batteries as they are $200+ each

With your lifestyle I would have thought you would want the aqua gear. Or are you planning on getting some in the second pack?

WOW! Does your insurance help pay for any off this ? I am not sure I would want an implant after all.

insurance paid, anything extra you get is discounted on the initial order. But Im only getting whats covered under the insurance, then exchange for different items if I dont want it. I dont swim so I dont need the aqua gear. If I do swim, Im not going to wear it anyways as it wouldnt stay on and I go deeper than the ratings on it anyways

My audi was asking me if I still wanted to see if I was a candidate to get an implant, he think I am but I would have to go to another city to have the testing done. I am thinking at my age it may not be worth getting .

My audi was asking me if I still wanted to see if I was a candidate to get an implant, he think I am but I would have to go to another city to have the testing done. I am thinking at my age it may not be worth getting .

I have forgotten how old you are. We have at least one member here on alldeaf that got one in his 70's. I have thinking about finding out just what the logistics would be to have it done in a city that is about 60-80 miles (depending on where in the city you are going) from my home. I am 72.

I have not yet had any testing done.

I recall that one of the former Art Professors at Gallaudet got an implant when she was 80 years old.

You probably won't need that many batteries. Mine was activated in March 2009 and got all the stuff the same day it came with 2 rechargeable batteries. I'm still using the one I started with from day one and it still lasts about 18 hours before it beeps as a warning that its low. The other has always been in storage as a back up.

But, they've updated things they give you a really nice bag for it all mine came in a printed up Cochlear cardboard box with a carrying handle but it did come with a Cochlear canvas type tote bag. I gave it to my audi.

You probably won't need that many batteries. Mine was activated in March 2009 and got all the stuff the same day it came with 2 rechargeable batteries. I'm still using the one I started with from day one and it still lasts about 18 hours before it beeps as a warning that its low. The other has always been in storage as a back up.

But, they've updated things they give you a really nice bag for it all mine came in a printed up Cochlear cardboard box with a carrying handle but it did come with a Cochlear canvas type tote bag. I gave it to my audi.
I will end up with 2 of these brief cases, so I will basically put everything into one and the extra case I may keep or give away? My big laptop barely fits in the outside zipper compartment, so its nice for traveling.

Yeah, more convenient for you. :)

I will end up with 2 of these brief cases, so I will basically put everything into one and the extra case I may keep or give away? My big laptop barely fits in the outside zipper compartment, so its nice for traveling.

I know I asked about the TV streamer earlier, but wanted to know something a little more general concerning the blue tooth options for using cell phones, etc.

I know for a long time, the blue tooth programming options weren't available pending FDA approval, but I read recently they were approved by the FDA. Is this true now?

Well 15 more days and Im under the knife for bilateral !!! 18th is the big day !

We're all hoping for the best. My daughter goes under in 23 days, on the 27th this month. Fingers crossed, and prayers all around.

I was 70 when implanted however I was deemed to be in excellent health. Thanks in part to daily swimming. I recovered very quickly and could resume swimming 2 weeks after the operation.
This all happened almost 8 years ago.

As we know one is examined extensively at that age-

Surgery changed til 25th, my cochlear decided to go bonkers, so cochlear is sending me a new one, should get it in 1 or 2 days from today already set to my programs. Great warranty as they will do this as often as needed and wont affect my no questions asked replacement if lost or stolen. Basically I think this one will be repaired til next time it needs exchanged if ever. ? But Ive been extremely happy with it, works great!
Cant wait to be bi-lateral

I was 70 when implanted however I was deemed to be in excellent health. Thanks in part to daily swimming. I recovered very quickly and could resume swimming 2 weeks after the operation.
This all happened almost 8 years ago.

As we know one is examined extensively at that age-

I 60 plus, my audi called me in last week we talked about it but I not good candidate.

A footnote to the above: Sunnybrook/Toronto. Since 1983 they have examined 3000 adults for Cochlear Implant consideration. Of that 2000 were "deemed unsuitable" for implantation- variety of reasons. I was part of the 1000. Of that group 18 didn't receive any benefit from being implanted.

Info given a couple of years ago at a patients meeting

This is so great to read!!!!! I go for my evaluation on Monday. I'll make my own thread probably after my appointment. I don't want to jump the gun in case I can't get one.

Back