Hello from Arkansas

Perry the Platypus

Reaction score
Hey my name is Perry and I suffer from single sided deafness and live in the NWA area. I am currently trying to learn ASL and would like to meet some HOH or deaf people to practice with. Also hopefully gain some new friends! Thanks.

Welcome! But "suffer?" That's kind of a negative use of language.....

I dont mean it negative, a definition of suffer is to sustain injury, disadvantage or loss. I wasnt born with moderate hearing loss in my left ear nor did this happen at a younger age. When I was 21 I wrecked a scooter into a light pole, hit the light pole dead on with the left side of my head and body.

Geeze! Do be careful. On the plus side, sounds like you have an interesting story to go with it. :)

I am very accident prone too so I have a ton of stories. :)

I dont mean it negative, a definition of suffer is to sustain injury, disadvantage or loss. I wasnt born with moderate hearing loss in my left ear nor did this happen at a younger age. When I was 21 I wrecked a scooter into a light pole, hit the light pole dead on with the left side of my head and body.

LOL in that case yes, you do suffer from unilateral loss and or are hearing impaired.

Post more in the forum, your private messaging should open soon. :) I think they said it's after ten posts?? Maybe I'm wrong. But I think that is how many. :)

nice to meet you

i also want to learn asl but dont know where to start......im glad to have you as a friend im figuring this place out slowly,,,,how do you start your own thread i wonder....i can not figure it out:giggle:

Back