5 Banking Services That Will Be Obsolete in 10 Year

What if people do not want to use a computer or smart phone , how will they do their banking ? I know people that do not have use computers and or smartphone phone.

Scratch off the branch location and paperwork, already do so online scans, pdf email, and confirmations over the phone.

0ac3dd94df8e50e2ede5363df5c02b03.jpg

What if people do not want to use a computer or smart phone , how will they do their banking ? I know people that do not have use computers and or smartphone phone.
I think the banks are counting on all their non-tech customers being dead or institutionalized by then.

I think the banks are counting on all their non-tech customers being dead or institutionalized by then.

:lol: That is strongly implied in the article. But most people can catch on. Even my 91 year old stepmother has no problem with techie banking.

I don't think physical branches will go away because there will always be customers that need to handle large amounts of cash. I know there is the ATM but they have limits on the money it can handle. I'm with Bank of America and as I recall the maximum amount I can withdraw from an ATM is $500. Well, what if I want to withdraw $50,000?

I don't think physical branches will go away because there will always be customers that need to handle large amounts of cash. I know there is the ATM but they have limits on the money it can handle. I'm with Bank of America and as I recall the maximum amount I can withdraw from an ATM is $500. Well, what if I want to withdraw $50,000?

Sellers are already paranoid about the legitimacy of the cash on hand, get ready to stand aside while they test mark the bills.

get ready to stand aside while they test mark the bills.

First world problem :laugh2:

I had another thought, checks won't go away because those old ladies at grocery stores need a reason to hold up the checkout line.

First world problem :laugh2:

I had another thought, checks won't go away because those old ladies at grocery stores need a reason to hold up the checkout line.

They still run the checks through electronically. Run it through the register and it reads the check and approves it like a debit/credit card and prints the stores barcodes or stamp on it. Then they staple the receipt to it and give it back to the customer.

I see old men holding up the lines too by talking to the cashier long after they finish checking out. Some old people are lonely and will take their time to talk to anyone . If don't mind if I am not in hurry .

for the first time in a long long time... I saw an elder lady writing out a check at grocery... *groan*

my parents still write checks but they both do use credit and debit cards when out and about. They just don't like doing banking (or mom anyway) online; she will still go to the branch (Smaller bank only in the Carolinas I think).

I still use checks for rent because I don't like the 'convenience fee' they like to tack on for online payments.

Yeah I honestly don't get that... "convenience fee". My apartment charges $50 for it, otherwise I have to pay by cashiers check... so I pay by cashiers check. Seriously who is going to pay an extra $600 a year to avoid 12 trips to the bank.

Not me.

Yeah I honestly don't get that... "convenience fee". My apartment charges $50 for it,

:eek3: $50 for the convenience? Even my electric company only charges $2 for the convenience. And when I lived in an apartment I never had some kind of convenience fee with a check, are you some kind of seedy area where there are pawn shops and cash checking services?

:eek3: $50 for the convenience? Even my electric company only charges $2 for the convenience. And when I lived in an apartment I never had some kind of convenience fee with a check, are you some kind of seedy area where there are pawn shops and cash checking services?
My last apartment was nowhere near a seedy/horrible area. There was a cash checking place but that was... miles away. I lived less than five minutes from my workplace. If I remember they charged somewhere between 15-25 bucks when they first started doing this lovely service. The complex was a very nice place- nice enough I stayed for 5 years lol. I don't know if they still do the fee or not though but I know many apartments are trending to not even accepting checks anymore but many still do if the tenant has no computer access. Unless they figure out a way to allow them access (like a business center).

for the first time in a long long time... I saw an elder lady writing out a check at grocery... *groan*

When I was a health aide I had clients that still used rotary phones and when I had to call the office it seem like it took forever to make a phone call. I bet there are still s few elderly people using rotary phones too.

When I was a health aide I had clients that still used rotary phones and when I had to call the office it seem like it took forever to make a phone call. I bet there are still s few elderly people using rotary phones too.

When (what year or years) did you come across people still using rotary phones? I know you are retired so thinking this might be quite a few years ago.

No, my apartments are actually brand new and pretty nice. I mean they aren't one of the really awesome ones that overlook the city, but they are really clean, spacious, and you can't hear your neighbors. :)

Back