My Activation

sonocativo

Reaction score
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

a little insight on it.
At first I cant hear the audi or myself, just beeps and all (testing the unit)
Then she turns it on and I hear buzzing, robotic buzzing noises, just a noise ( Im reading lips at the time)
I didnt realize it, but once I said I just hear a buzzing when talking, she said that was her voice I was hearing, almost instantly I started to make out words. yes they were robotic like but not exactly, sounded more like back in the 1960's Appollo13 comunicating with mission control while wearing a space suit (helmet) it had a distant sound with a ringing, like talking through a wraping paper tube in a ways... but after about 10 minutes I was hearing the words more clearly. My audi said Im doing very well as i am more advanced than most already...I am currently sitting in my house, raining outside and listening to the train tracks click as the train passes and blowing the horns... and it is exactly 1 mile away from my house. The rain on the other hand is driving me nuts right now, sounds like a 5 YO beating on pots and pans with wooden spoons...lol
I can hear my dog eating 3 rooms away, but did get spooked as i didnt know what the sounds were, it was my dog drinking... I am picking up reall fast on whats what, but I cant tell directions of the sounds yet nor can i tell voices apart yet.

I saw it on Facebook. It was working, I just wasn't sure what happened with no captions.

But you looked happy!
yes, it was emotional, I was chocking back tears trying not to look like a little girl crying..lol ( dont want to lose that Macho-ness) lol

Tell you something else that'll blow your mind ... fill a glass full of ice then pour you some pepsi in it and listen to it fizz it'll surprise you how loud it is till you get used to it ;) Congrats on your successful activation!

Tell you something else that'll blow your mind ... fill a glass full of ice then pour you some pepsi in it and listen to it fizz it'll surprise you how loud it is till you get used to it ;) Congrats on your successful activation!
already did and the ice rattles when you drink...lol
Thanks, I went in with low expectations and it was just that, once the audi told me the buzzing I was hearing was her voice, I guess my noggin connected the 2 and I started hearing a voice instead of the buzzing, then it started becoming clearer as we talked, I can hear the videos on my phone clear but on the laptop it sounds like shit ( speakers I suppose ) so tomorrow Im going to hook up the sound system i bought a few years back and see if they are more clear? It has the subwoofer and tweeters and mids, so should be a better sound quality as they are made for MP3's

also elevators are very noisy... so are the automatic sliding doors,
Now something else is unlike hearing aids which I heard all kinds of wind noises...
Inside the car was quiet (no wind noise) but I could hear the motor on the highways rev up and down and tranny shifts clearly as well as cars approaching/passing.. And my dog is a noisy drinker...lol

already did and the ice rattles when you drink...lol
Thanks, I went in with low expectations and it was just that, once the audi told me the buzzing I was hearing was her voice, I guess my noggin connected the 2 and I started hearing a voice instead of the buzzing, then it started becoming clearer as we talked, I can hear the videos on my phone clear but on the laptop it sounds like shit ( speakers I suppose ) so tomorrow Im going to hook up the sound system i bought a few years back and see if they are more clear? It has the subwoofer and tweeters and mids, so should be a better sound quality as they are made for MP3's

In a month it'll be almost "normal" hearing with it. I use a set of headphones for music on the laptop it sounds better that way to me but you could try using one of your audio cables to connect the CI to your laptop and find out which works best for you. Wait till you fart a good one it'll make you jump :laugh2:

also elevators are very noisy... so are the automatic sliding doors,
Now something else is unlike hearing aids which I heard all kinds of wind noises...
Inside the car was quiet (no wind noise) but I could hear the motor on the highways rev up and down and tranny shifts clearly as well as cars approaching/passing.. And my dog is a noisy drinker...lol

The wind is a pain I've had my CI since 2009 and if its windy it covers everything else up and I can't hear worth a spit.

In a month it'll be almost "normal" hearing with it. I use a set of headphones for music on the laptop it sounds better that way to me but you could try using one of your audio cables to connect the CI to your laptop and find out which works best for you. Wait till you fart a good one it'll make you jump :laugh2:

The wind is a pain I've had my CI since 2009 and if its windy it covers everything else up and I can't hear worth a spit.
My audi said it was rare for someone to be this advanced right from the start, I am well surpassed in hearing, it has already gotten better by tonight, but Im off to bed now. Catch up tomorrow. Good night all.

Flushing toilet - that's what I remember being loud when I get a new HA. :lol:

This should be already solved in Cochlear's newest processor, N6 - it has wind noise reduction. I wish my N5 could have it too .. the sound of wind blowing directly into processor's microphones is super annoying :)

This should be already solved in Cochlear's newest processor, N6 - it has wind noise reduction. I wish my N5 could have it too .. the sound of wind blowing directly into processor's microphones is super annoying :)
Yes, I hear no wind noises at all.

a little insight on it.
At first I cant hear the audi or myself, just beeps and all (testing the unit)
Then she turns it on and I hear buzzing, robotic buzzing noises, just a noise ( Im reading lips at the time)
I didnt realize it, but once I said I just hear a buzzing when talking, she said that was her voice I was hearing, almost instantly I started to make out words. yes they were robotic like but not exactly, sounded more like back in the 1960's Appollo13 comunicating with mission control while wearing a space suit (helmet) it had a distant sound with a ringing, like talking through a wraping paper tube in a ways... but after about 10 minutes I was hearing the words more clearly. My audi said Im doing very well as i am more advanced than most already...I am currently sitting in my house, raining outside and listening to the train tracks click as the train passes and blowing the horns... and it is exactly 1 mile away from my house. The rain on the other hand is driving me nuts right now, sounds like a 5 YO beating on pots and pans with wooden spoons...lol
I can hear my dog eating 3 rooms away, but did get spooked as i didnt know what the sounds were, it was my dog drinking... I am picking up reall fast on whats what, but I cant tell directions of the sounds yet nor can i tell voices apart yet.

That is so exciting being able to hear the train a mile away! There is a train
about mile from my condo and I could not hear it when the horn blew.
You can her your son now too ! This is great news !

Back