What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Worries

No laughing matter here...but :giggle:...I do the same thing!..My voice changes without notice...too low...too loud...nevermind trying to tell someone a 'secret"...everybody hears it.....as far as I know, there's not much you can do....

I do notice that my voice does get louder when I'm excited or angry...when I feel very low key, it's almost like a whisper....

Even in high school, I was the "loudest" cheerleader in school...and my boys at times, have said I "sounded like a drill sargent in the Military" sometimes.....so Angel...you're not unique!

As for the "deaf accent"...I dunno if ur voice has changed any in 7 months....(because I can't hear it!)...:giggle:...Hope it won't worry you too much....

Im not worried about e getting a "deaf accent". Im wondering though if people just assume my voice is changing because they know im deaf. A few people have said its changing but, my new ASL tutor says my voice does not have an accent. just curious.
At night i feel like im whispering but my husband says im talking really loud. RR i like yiur "secrets" comment. Very funny. I know ive been at a restaurant thinking im whispering and make a comment and my kids get all embarrassed. When i was in the hospital the nurse was leaving my room and i thought i whispered that i didnt like her very much. But, apparently i was pretty loud. Oh well!!!!

Im not worried about e getting a "deaf accent". Im wondering though if people just assume my voice is changing because they know im deaf. A few people have said its changing but, my new ASL tutor says my voice does not have an accent. just curious.
At night i feel like im whispering but my husband says im talking really loud. RR i like yiur "secrets" comment. Very funny. I know ive been at a restaurant thinking im whispering and make a comment and my kids get all embarrassed. When i was in the hospital the nurse was leaving my room and i thought i whispered that i didnt like her very much. But, apparently i was pretty loud. Oh well!!!!

LOL to that last comment about the nurse. I've been deaf most of my life. I've always just assumed that I can be overheard. I must have learned this the hard way when younger, I dunno. I used to ask my family to give me food back on my volume level. They were always pretty good about not making me feel left out. But I always accepted that I will not get everything. I'm sure I embarrassed my mom a few times growing up. But she never showed it. That woman had nerves of steel!!!

Wirelessly posted

I'm thinking about how warm it was today and now it's raining. It's suppose to get back below freezing on Tuesday so everything is going to be so icy

I'm thinking:

I DON'T (beep) WANT TO GO TO (beep) WORK IN THE (beep) MORNING!!

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Is that one a day or 65 in one day? If I had to do more than 5 in one day, I might not get up from the floor for a while.

I joined the 2012 push up challenge on FB...we all have to do 65 pushups a day. My arms are on fire now. Lol

That's such a neat idea! I've been working on push ups with my arms in line with my body and it has made me so sore! Good luck with your push up challenge. You are going to have killer arms and will be able to rock a sleeveless shirt or dress this summer!!

Im thinking how much my head hurts after studying all the ASL flash cards. Who, what, when, where, why, how??? Holy cow. Will i ever learn this???? Some words come easy but the ones above OMG!!!

thinkin about dont want to go bk to work tomorrow :(

Im thinking how much my head hurts after studying all the ASL flash cards. Who, what, when, where, why, how??? Holy cow. Will i ever learn this???? Some words come easy but the ones above OMG!!!
Have you looked for apps w/videos? I have ASL Dictionary on my iPod Touch. I'll defer to others to advice which app(s) are best.
You need Internet access to look up words, but I'm pretty sure the words download onto your device so you can access it when you don't have Internet access.

i feel awesome no more hangover, vomits, or headache. and i excite go back work soon leave 1 hour!!! i miss work.

I'm thinking I will get back to my ASL flash cards. I think I will also review the class notes from the class I took.

I'm also thinking that hubby is doing so much better these days. He has more energy, his blood pressure is back to normal range, his cholesterol is going down and he is sleeping better. He went low salt/low fat/low cholesterol and zero caffeine. He has also gone totally dairy free and is limiting his red meat to 3 ounces a week.

There are days when I wish I could go to work. Those are the days that I want to escape from this house full of needy people. Sadly, I can't do that.

I wanna get these bloody exams over and done with already.

i feel awesome no more hangover, vomits, or headache. and i excite go back work soon leave 1 hour!!! i miss work.

Intead of saying...."HI-HO...HI HO........it's off to work I go..."

Singing..."I Owe....I owe...to pay the bills...I go."

I'm pukey and dizzy today. The day after I take my medicine is always bad. Stuck in bed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back