Legal Age Limits Listed By State

Vanessa8

Reaction score
I learn from this Latchkey Kids ( the state age limits).
Please share to your friends and family.

[FONT=&quot]I was young girl 7 yrs old and my brother (9yrs old) lived with housekeeper (old enough 20+) at our home. While my parents’ works and leave us home.[/FONT]

What about you were young kid? Who was taking care of you?:hmm:
You have a kids on your own. Who will watching your kids?

Latchkey Kids Legal Age Limits Listed By State

. . . What about you were young kid? Who was taking care of you?:hmm:
You have a kids on your own. Who will watching your kids?
My mom didn't work outside our home until I was about 13 years old and my brother was 10 years old. At that time, my parents had divorced, so she got an evening job (receptionist at a private women's college dorm), so she had one of the older ladies who lived upstairs from us watch us, for about a year. After that, she got a daytime job (dorm housekeeper) and was home when we got home.

By the time my daughter was in elementary school I was working part time, either during her school hours or on weekends when Hubby was home to watch her. I went to school at night, so Hubby was also home then. During the times he was overseas or out to sea, I got babysitters for those periods.

When my daughter got married and had babies, and went back to work, I took care of the boys at my house until they were school age.

You join the military at 18 yo but not can't left home a lone ????
If you're referring to Florida, the asterisked statement says that it's only a guideline, not a law.

Also, that's only up to the age of 18. On a person's 18th birthday they would no longer be in that category, and that would be the age that they could enlist in the military. So, there is no conflict.

if you're referring to florida, the asterisked statement says that it's only a guideline, not a law.

Also, that's only up to the age of 18. On a person's 18th birthday they would no longer be in that category, and that would be the age that they could enlist in the military. So, there is no conflict.

ok!

Even though Maryland says that 8 years old can be left home alone, I still wont leave my 8 year old son home alone. Maybe when he is 10 years old, I will start out by 30 mins to an hour and work from there. That's what I did with my daughter.

I'm take care of my 3 kids at home. They are young age 7, 5 and 1 years old. I'm housewife until my 3rd baby grown old enough. I'm probably work night shift ( yuck) ;while my husband can take care of my kids at home.

My state didn't shown how old kid can live home alone. I favor 14yrs old can live alone but the news announced seem notyet make a law.

One question. How old kid independence walking to home from school bus?

I'm take care of my 3 kids at home. They are young age 7, 5 and 1 years old. I'm housewife until my 3rd baby grown old enough. I'm probably work night shift ( yuck) ;while my husband can take care of my kids at home.

My state didn't shown how old kid can live home alone. I favor 14yrs old can live alone but the news announced seem notyet make a law.

One question. How old kid independence walking to home from school bus?

My son has started walking to and from school with my roommate's daughter. who is 11 years old. However, sometimes she gets stuck staying at school for her dance so he ends up walking home alone. I am not comfortable with that at all. In the Fall, he will return to before and after school care because my roommate's daughter will transfer to middle school and wont be able to walk with him anymore. I prefer 10 and above to start walking to and from school/bus and be home alone.

I think I was in 2nd grade when I started walking to and from school by myself.

My daughter's school was too far for her to walk to, so it never came up.

In grade school I don't remember ever having any formal plans for walking together but would usually run into some other kids simply because of all having to be there at the same time. But then I am taking about from the fall of 1948 through the spring of 1956 (grades 1-8) and only a couple of blocks for me but others also did it that were much further away. And then high school was just far enough away the I could ride a bus. But the closest pickup point going in was quite a ways away and my dad went to work at a similar time and usually took some of us (either to the school or that stop depending on his schedule). On the way home I could ride a bus 3 miles to get 1 1/2 miles and get off a block from home. I had the advantage of there being sidewalks all the way between home and the H.S. even if I was far enough to be able to ride a school bus. Thus, in nice weather often a number of us would walk home and stop to eat something one the way.

That is good idea, other kids walking on the way to their home and my kids. I saw my neighborhood kids came home earlier than my kids.. =( .... they came 4pm and my kids home 4:10pm. agrrr... I have to patience until kids become 10yrs . better safe than sorry!

Back