Web Programs

Netrox, thats right the WYSIWYG is no longer in force, since the evolution in web design has improved as you can design as much as you can dream of. I use dreamweaver coding format, not the design cause I hate it. Otherwise, if I dont have that program in a computer, I use notepad++

Right, even in "Design Mode" it's not remotely close to WYSIWYG anyway!

It's just a matter of knowing how to present information correctly with html and using CSS files to style information. JS frameworks simplify JS programming and is truly a blessing - no more javascript hacks for different browsers.

It's just a matter of knowing how to present information correctly with html and using CSS files to style information. JS frameworks simplify JS programming and is truly a blessing - no more javascript hacks for different browsers.
You got that right

Agreed.

I use Dreamweaver CS3 and Dreamweaver CS4 mainly. I've also used Flex Builder 3.

Its interesting and its kind little bizarre.. Now can you depend the when everyone is running the latest technology format as css1 css2 css3, js, and bunch of things as lightbox, etc. and i usually got my site runs by externals as php formats, css formats and couple of things.. I reply on dream weaver so i can see the develop and work progress. Notepad cant just extend the extension file urls to able connect the dots.

But interestiin thou.

Good posts so far. As for me, I depend on NotePad when it comes to coding as I like to be in "control." Dreamweaver is utilized only when I'm feeling lazy, like Y said, or when I need rollover buttons. :mrgreen:

Gotta weigh-in here...

I've been coding for decades -- for the last 10 years or so as a web developer. I specialize in LAMP programming (linux - apache - mysql - php) but I can AJAX/javascript/css on the front-end too.

My first editor was vi. (1,$s/foo/bar/g) I've used notepad on those rare occasions where I've been required to use microsoft product. For professional development, I prefer Zend Server CE with Zend Studio IDE for the interpretive debugging. I love google chrome developer tools and firefox firebug for inspecting the dom and javascript in real-time.

I used to use phpNuke for my boards, then migrated to joomla ... dabbled in drupal for a while before returning to joomla. (My home site is still using joomla.) Today, for my blogs, I pretty much use wordpress. It's fast, dynamic and highly configurable. Never tried dreamweaver but used to use a variety of similar tools (MS FrontPage, Adobe GoLive, etc.)...when I was working on my masters, they wanted us to use Dreamweaver, but it was always easier/faster for me to crank out PHP code.

Regardless of which tools you use, you'll code your website, deliver your product, and then go back and spend weeks trying to figure out why your html-standards-compliant code simply won't render in IE the same way it renders in every other browser on the planet. (Thank god ms finally dumped IE6...programmers everywhere can rip out literally thousands of line of over-head code compensating for the lameness of IE6.)

IE was put on earth for one reason only - to piss-off developers.

ok...rant mode off...sorry...

Gotta go - one of my Q/A testers is showing inconsistent results in her IE7 browser that no one else with IE7, or any other browser including IE8, can duplicate...Product Manager is telling me to "debug my code"....lol....

I use Coda app. Google "panic coda". The reason I chose this app it reminded me of CODA. Very good app. Also you can try "Sublime Text 2" too. They both are very good.

Yeah, when I was kid I used notepad for html.

When I was in college. I used computer programming in vim.

Back