Random Vents.....

Talk to me sister!! My housekeeper comes once a week and it drive me crazy that I can come home from work, only hours after she leave, and the kids have the kitchen a disaster!

My eating machine (almost 16) leaves packages and used popsicle sticks all over the house!! It drive me insane!! I'm *trying* to train him to be "woman friendly" but he re-bels.

I tell him women won't like his laziness and happy woman equal happy man but he not get it yet. Methinks once he's 'getting' action he will change tune and want to please.:giggle:

It's tedious to "train" boys to be somewhat neater. Have to start them at a young age. My boys have been making their own beds since 1st grade, before school...(not "perfectly")...but it's the effort that I praise, and now it's mandatory every AM before school...On Saturday, they clean their rooms completely...during the week, I do some dusting, vacuuming, etc. And nothing is left on the floors...They also take their plates to the dishwasher after dinner, and clean their own placemats...all cups, bowls, etc., are to be in the dishwasher from the den before going to bed....All dirty clothes in the laundry room, and they scrub their bathtub, sink & toilet every Sat. morning, even sweep and mop it!....Makes it all a lot easier for everyone, and the house stays neat & clean at all times....

If it was me.. I just let it go and shut my mouth... Looking forward to moving out and peaceful!

Because I don't want to see you struggle with that! :hug:

:hug:Yes, very true and that's my plan :)

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Sometimes family members are the most resistant to change. You're assigned a role in the family and you're not allowed to deviate from that. That's why people regress at family functions. Part of growing is learning to break out if that mould. Some family members will never accept it but you've got to do what's best for you. It's a process. I hope that you can negotiate your family relationships without too many problems. If you can't, you might consider working with a therapist. It helps to have a more objective view of the situation and a supportive person in your corner.

It's tedious to "train" boys to be somewhat neater. Have to start them at a young age. My boys have been making their own beds since 1st grade, before school...(not "perfectly")...but it's the effort that I praise, and now it's mandatory every AM before school...On Saturday, they clean their rooms completely...during the week, I do some dusting, vacuuming, etc. And nothing is left on the floors...They also take their plates to the dishwasher after dinner, and clean their own placemats...all cups, bowls, etc., are to be in the dishwasher from the den before going to bed....All dirty clothes in the laundry room, and they scrub their bathtub, sink & toilet every Sat. morning, even sweep and mop it!....Makes it all a lot easier for everyone, and the house stays neat & clean at all times....

Do you offer fee for service? :giggle:

Do you offer fee for service? :giggle:

:lol:...I'm sure they would like that....I do sort of giive them extra $$ for a certain job well-done...(not related to their regular chores)...They have to earn it, especially whenever they get their report cards from school and it's straight A's. It's not easy raising teenagers. Whatever we teach them before they grow up and leave home, not all of it will follow them but hopefully, it's just to instill good values and common sense along with cleaniness that will follow them as 2nd nature when they're adults.

:lol:...I'm sure they would like that....I do sort of giive them extra $$ for a certain job well-done...(not related to their regular chores)...They have to earn it, especially whenever they get their report cards from school and it's straight A's. It's not easy raising teenagers. Whatever we teach them before they grow up and leave home, not all of it will follow them but hopefully, it's just to instill good values and common sense along with cleaniness that will follow them as 2nd nature when they're adults.

Sorry, I mean do *YOU* offer yourself for a fee. Teach my eating machine. :laugh2:

Wirelessly posted

My family are soooo oblivious to deaf culture. It pisses me off my sister in law accuses of me speaking in code and text, saying I am rude! Hello! My friends are deaf its their way of communication! She's rude for not realizing deaf don't pick up the receiver and talk duh!
When I explain and educate my family, they don't believe me, my dad argued with me Braille helps deaf people? Yes, if your deaf & blind O-o go figure

I don't know if I should bury my head in my arms at my desk or if i should facepalm:

400_F_18126061_qbkFIQotaAhpR8RwbL8agIvzpUgWWhtD.jpg
face%2Bpalm.jpg

Last edited:
No one said anything about my step-mother's loss except Reba.

I'm saddened and.. I'm extremely hurt. :(

Wirelessly posted

Sosie said:

Sosie, I am sorry I also missed your post, I even went back to look for it but still didn't find it.
:hug: to you.

I didn't see your post, sorry for your loss Sosie.

I am sorry for your loss, Sosie.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I must have missed your post. Sorry. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that you find comfort during this difficult time. If you want someone to just listen, PM me. I'm a good listener.

Wirelessly posted

Sosie, I am sorry I also missed your post, I even went back to look for it but still didn't find it.
:hug: to you.

I looked and still don't see it either...so sorry Sosie...don't think anyone trying be hurtful to you. (((hugs)))

Back