8330 Can SEE Youtube video

Dodge Trucker

Reaction score
Hi there!! I went to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. on my Sprint BB 8330 and I got a message saying it advise me to upgrade to unlimited data plan cuz of high number of data going back and forth. (Already on unlimited data) and then I clicked on accept then picked out video and clicked play...it WORKS!! This supposed to be???

Lemme know.

The new BlackBerry OS 4.5 firmware upgrade is capable of playing YouTube videos.

The software upgrade is coming for most BlackBerries in the fall, but the Curve 8330 (Verizon/Sprint) already has it.

I can confirm that the Sprint Curve can play mobile youtube videos. Very fun.

The new BlackBerry OS 4.5 firmware upgrade is capable of playing YouTube videos.

The software upgrade is coming for most BlackBerries in the fall, but the Curve 8330 (Verizon/Sprint) already has it.
really? I was thoughts that 4.5v will come this summer. Now you saying 4.5v will have this fall.. Mm How do you know OS 4.5 will come this fall?

No, it's actually OS 4.3 that support youtube (video cature were added too), that what 8330 from Verizon and Sprint are included, however you can upgrade into 4.5 if you could ind it and XBGMER had reported about some bugs in OS 4.5.

sprintrelaystore.com question.

Maybe we are interesting to buy 8330 but question due my coverage have EVDO already and no 3G coverage yet plus AT&T disable iPhone 3g's modem. Why should I pay $50 for non-3G coverage? I am not interesting on ATT anymore. Sprint's 8330 is only $30 per months for unlimited for data and text plus phone as modem.

Do google map have navigation without fee? I heard BB's navigation program is $10 per month fee.

Do it work great with modem thru USB for OS X 10.5? I am not interesting bluetooth due drain battery life and slow transfer.

Thank you.

Maybe we are interesting to buy 8330 but question due my coverage have EVDO already and no 3G coverage yet plus AT&T disable iPhone 3g's modem. Why should I pay $50 for non-3G coverage? I am not interesting on ATT anymore. Sprint's 8330 is only $30 per months for unlimited for data and text plus phone as modem.

Do google map have navigation without fee? I heard BB's navigation program is $10 per month fee.

Do it work great with modem thru USB for OS X 10.5? I am not interesting bluetooth due drain battery life and slow transfer.

Thank you.

Google map has blue dot to nearest tower. Its free to download.

You were talking Telnav program that you need to pay $10 a month. Not worth it because google map will give you nearest tower location and its free.

Each provider vary on the telnav's contract. You need to check with provider's contract with Telnav services. Also depend on which curve, you will need to add reception receiver in car in order to use their services. Some are built in phone.

Google map has blue dot to nearest tower. Its free to download.

You were talking Telnav program that you need to pay $10 a month. Not worth it because google map will give you nearest tower location and its free.

Each provider vary on the telnav's contract. You need to check with provider's contract with Telnav services. Also depend on which curve, you will need to add reception receiver in car in order to use their services. Some are built in phone.

What's about direction? I take business travel a lot for customers.

really? I was thoughts that 4.5v will come this summer. Now you saying 4.5v will have this fall.. Mm How do you know OS 4.5 will come this fall?
I was told by Reconnection Associate from TMobile store that 4.5 version is next month. I was planning to download 4.3 but decided to wait till next month to get new 4.5 version.

Thank you.

Finally, I played with my coworker's Blackberry Pearl and google map can direction with Nav.

Thank you.

You can get a life-time InfoGation Odyssey Mobile 4.0 for your 8330 Tmobile device. You just pay one time fee. No monthly bill. Only for window CE and up and compatible device. InfoGation Odyssey Mobile 4.0

Hi there!! I went to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. on my Sprint BB 8330 and I got a message saying it advise me to upgrade to unlimited data plan cuz of high number of data going back and forth. (Already on unlimited data) and then I clicked on accept then picked out video and clicked play...it WORKS!! This supposed to be???

Lemme know.

Sheesh!

I already mentioned that month ago!! You're the 2nd person telling about BB Curve can run Youtube.com video. I have BB OS 4.3.0.127. It ran in small video format. Not full screen, even the "full screen" was checkmarked. The reason why it was small video is because of bandwidth limit on mobile device. Even the iPhone have same issue. My coworker have iPhone and she told me exactly the same. You can check out www.blueapple.mobi which allow full screen viewing. You can download and save it in ur microSD then run it thru Curve's media player or use streaming video in full screen. So either use Youtube directly and put up with cute little screen or use Blueapple to watch full screen.

I was surprised that no one even checked my Thread on "Blackberry Curve or 8800 media player advice". I let it languished and disappeared. It was an instruction on how to convert 2 hour DVD movie with subtitles into smaller format and transfer it to BB Curve's microSD via USB. It works nicely and co workers were drooling over slick smooth video. I will bring back my thread by 'bump' anyone.

Catty

Forgot to mention that BB 8800 had problem downloading Blueapple.mobi's file larger than 2.5 mb due to BB 8800's OS issue. My wife's 8800 had this issue cuz her BB OS is 4.2. It have 64mb internal memory contrast to new Curve 8330's 83mb internal memory. My curve can run 7 min streaming video no problem.

Hope u r happy with shiny new Curve that can run Youtube video.

Catty

I have the Curve 8330.

When, specifically, will the OS 4.5 upgrade be released?

Dunno, it did mentioned that it's minor update from 4.3 . But BB OS 4.3 is good enuf and can run Youtube!! Heard that 4.5 have bugs tho. Wait until it fixes bugs.

Catty

I believe it does have for Sprint too. So look it up.

No, You said about tmobile in your post, that not what the highlander want it due poor coverage and slower EDGE/GPRS in his area.

I'm just correct your post, that all.

Dunno, it did mentioned that it's minor update from 4.3 . But BB OS 4.3 is good enuf and can run Youtube!! Heard that 4.5 have bugs tho. Wait until it fixes bugs.

Catty

Yup, XBGMER did show about bugs on OS 4.5.

Back