Do you live in the city or rural?

Do you live in the city or rural country?

• City, includes suburbs

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • Rural, farms, country

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters
I live right in the middle of town right now, but I love living out there in the country. I did live on a ranch when I was younger. I miss living out there on a ranch. :cry:

Liza said:
This town I'm living in looks rural to me. :) And no, I didn't take the picture.. robbed it off the city hall's website. *shifty look*

Beautiful place!!!

Live out here in teh country... nice place to be in ..but a bit isolated at times.. lol I do live abuot 10 miles southwest of town... so...

Liza said:
This town I'm living in looks rural to me. :) And no, I didn't take the picture.. robbed it off the city hall's website. *shifty look*
Oooh pretty pic!! What town is that?

City girl all the way. I am 3 minutes away from a major freeway (hidden from sight but VERY easy to access)

My husband is totally country boy. A week ago, I was amazed to see a rabbit and a squirrel in his mother's backyard where both were eating away MIL's flowers... he shook his head and said: "you are *really* a city girl! It is just a SQURRIEL! IT IS A RODENT!" I told him to shut up and take a digital picture.

Meanwhile he never ceased to be amazed by the major freeways overlapping whenever we drove on 8...(On 8freeway, just before Mission Valley if you are heading west-- you can see all three major freeways intersecting and one is like 15 stories high and it has a ramp to connect the next freeway 5 stories down then another one to connect the bottom"-est" freeway which is the freeway 8. I see that "sight" almost daily) and I shook my head at him: "Yeesh, you act like it is a big deal-- what about Los Angeles or NYC?!" He said "In LA or NYC-- you cannot see ALL freeways because they are blocked by tall buildings or they are underground or something... but in San Diego-- you see everything-- everything is FLOATING!"

I doubt I would enjoy to live out my life in country. I wouldn't mind living there for a SHORT time. Finland is probably the far I can go for "country-esque"...

Unforunately where my husband was born and raised-- a former rural town is totally turning into an urban sprawl in middle of nowhere. I wouldn't live in there even if it is turning into a city-- it is still too faraway for me-- it takes me 15 minutes to reach the major freeway if it is green all the way.

yes, time does matter when I am driving.

I live in upstate NY near VT. How's a population 650 for a small village?!

I hate living in city , scoffs!!! .. i can't wait til august 30 , zoom back to my hometown as hillbilly country!! so i will be peace then! haha!! i ain't city girl , i must be a HILLBILLY GIRL!!!! haha!!

TOF

suburb area all my life except washington dc of 12 years that i lived in the city. :D i am back in the suburb area once again!

Mixed of suburb and rural so I guess that I'm go with suburb.

I did not know that we have the old thread which was dated back in 2005. Yep, I live in the rural country of First Nation Reserve (Rez) for 14 years. I have lived in rural places in Minnesota when I was young, but then I had to moved to the big city of Minneapolis for schools and work. I have always been eager to go back to the country because I love living in the country and it is good to be at peace better than in the city. :D

I love the convenience of living in the city where stores, restaraunts, and entertainment venues are within blocks of my home. Beats spending hours of driving around from one place to another.

I live in the city. Close and convenient to everything that I want.

In the town where I live, pretty much everything is here so I don't need to go into the city centre unless I want to go shopping there(huge shopping mall), or to travel out of town to my friends, or to go to my cochlear implant annual visits.

So yeah 20-30 mins from the city, but the area I live isnt rural or country

I live in Shawnee, KS which is a surban far from Kansas City, Missouri. It's about nearly 25 minutes drive to State Line of Kansas/Missouri. It's a nice community with many new subdivisions. It's kinda close to Rural area and we do have horse ranches around there. Traffic isn't bad at all comparing to downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Less crimes and quiet neighborhood.

Catty

Used to live in a rural area. I miss it! :(

I currently live in "Town" Not much of a city. But I am currently in the City Limits.

I live in the 4th largest city in the U.S. Yes, it's crowded. Very diverse, though, which is a good thing. :wave:

Back