Deafhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a bit of a moron, I dont know a ton about deaf culture and I would feel silly bringing this up to my girlfriend. What is the deal with this logo? and why is it offensive?

sorry : o/

Your Mom said:
I feel like a bit of a moron, I dont know a ton about deaf culture and I would feel silly bringing this up to my girlfriend. What is the deal with this logo? and why is it offensive?

Which logo? The one Nesmuth posted?

qwerty123 said:
he is doing all over AD espcailly in Technolgy Section and his radial web page we need to shoo and sweep him under the carpet

You missed your chance at that pretty girl.

Richard

This forum is all about opinions, and you people - please do not try to bring any negative opinion from that person to the outsiders (real life). Everyone has something to say, and you people have to find out why that person think that way, instead of scorching, and trying to make that person looks bad.

Jeez, I hate those people who are doing that, mostly deafies.

SxyPorkie said:
What I dislike you is your ATTITUDE against deafies.... If you dislike deafies here.. You dont need to come in here and insult all of us...
SxyPorkie

I dont dislike them, I say they have too much deficit thinking, dissenting, and trolling. These are the popular attitudes of the 1.2 percent of the deaf community, the ASL minority, and that need to be changed. Most likely it'll be done through attrition and in the mean time it will be an eye for an eye mentality until these fanatics grow up from their childishness.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
I dont dislike them, I say they have too much deficit thinking, dissenting, and trolling. These are the popular attitudes of the 1.2 percent of the deaf community, the ASL minority, and that need to be changed. Most likely it'll be done through attrition and in the mean time it will be an eye for an eye mentality until these fanatics grow up from their childishness.

Richard

I do not know if you are deaf yourself... You do signed very well on your video of Deaf Expo...
You and I live in Southern California... You seem that you only come here to either insult or bash the deafies... You were not nice...
SxyPorkie

Your Mom said:

If you want to know more about the deaf culture... go and socialize with deafies full time,,,
SxyPorkie

me_punctured said:
Nobody burned any bras in the name of feminism. It is an urban legend from the late sixties.

Nope not a urban legend and women did burn bras in the name of feminism in the 1960's and the 1970's. I don't like feminazis myself. My 2 cents worth.

VamPyroX said:
Deafhood sounds like a gang of deaf people who reject anyone who's not part of Deafhood.

Same thing with Deaf power one fist raised in the air and one hand on the ear. I am Deaf myself but this is taking it too far you know what I mean we need to have a balance of the real world.

I don't like feminazis myself.
If you did some real unbiased research, you'd find out that there is no such thing as a feminazi.....it's a fucking charecture made up by the conservatives.....just like the welfare queens that don't exist.

JohnnyE said:
Nope you can't trust snopes.com Here is the real deal.

http://www.myfirstbra.us/bra_history.htm

The feminazis did set fire to their bras either in the trash bins or just burned the bras close to their fingers and tossed the burning bra in the trash bin.

You're completely right, that looks like a very reliable source. Thank you for liberating me from my sheltered, close-minded world. *sarcasm*

Mod Note:

Thread's closed for the time being...obviously, it has touched a number nerves to a point of bickering, bashing and even thrashing what this topic refers to as well as some posts veering off point for what this thread is related to.

Time to allow coolness to prevail and perhaps this thread will be re-opened later.

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back